March 2017 Moms

GTKY: Where are you!?

I know a few of us have shared in randoms-but we've never had a full conversation about where we all are located around the US (and the world) so I thought it would be cool to know where everyone is located!! Maybe even spur some IRL mom friends if people feel comfortable. 
feel free to be as vague as you like ;) -- general area of a state -no need to say the town!

Share what you love most about living there! and/or what you like least.

Re: GTKY: Where are you!?

• Great idea! I'm originally from Kansas City (Jayhawk at heart!!) but living in Ireland. The thing I love most about living here is how easy (and cheap) it is to travel.

The thing I hate most is the weather. It rains... like a lot... which means not very much sun (which is especially tough in the winter). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Northern VA
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • disneybaby84disneybaby84 member
    edited March 2017
    Fort Worth, TX,  I like the no humidity, hate that the beach is no longer a short drive away, Florida spoiled me
  • Just west of KC, in a college town. I love living in one of the open minded cities in Kansas, and all of the awesome food in this town. My least favorite thing is that it's still Kansas. Our government is in pretty poor shape. And we have tornadoes.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • A super close suburb of Chicago here
  • We live about halfway between Allentown and Philadelphia.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Phil413 said:
    We live about halfway between Allentown and Philadelphia.
    I am pretty much the same!
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Southeast PA! Usuallyyyyy I love the weather here & getting to have a nice dose of all the seasons but definitely not looking forward to the incoming snow we're scheduled to get! I love being so close to everything too - we're in the middle between Philly & rural country areas, everyplace we need is nearby us so it's a very convenient location...don't think I ever want to move.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Western MA, best part is I can travel to any bordering state or Boston as a day trip which is great! Biggest downfall is it's super boring locally.
  • Same @serenity13 I love that we get all seasons. Except for the impending snow coming the day I will be induced/c-sectioned.
  • We're in the Southwest suburbs of Chicago. 
  • Central Illinois
  • jmacd22jmacd22 member
    edited March 2017
    Los Angeles. I love the shopping and the weather. 
  • oh no @mecoats! Molly's gonna be a snow baby! I'm hoping my LO stays put till after the storm passes, it has me so worried!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In the Portland, OR area. I love that Portland is a foodie town and there's more kid stuff to do here compared to where we previously lived in WA. What I can't stand about this area though is that it constantly rains. I see why some people out here buy those special lights because the constant rain can put a real damper on your mood. I'm looking forward to the summertime where the weather is perfect. No rain and everything is green. 
  • Ontario, Canada :) just 30 mins north of Toronto 
  • BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited March 2017
    Canadian over here, from Ontario. About 40 minutes south east of Ottawa. 
  • NW Chicago suburbs
  • Suburb of Detroit, Michigan
  • @serenity13 guess I'll have a good labor story! Ha ha. March 2017 nor'easter baby, Molly.  :D
  • We live in Montana!
    I love the mountains and beautiful scenery and all of the outdoorsy stuff we can do here! 20 minute drive in any direction and we can be at the lake, hiking in the woods, or hunting/fishing ect.
    I dislike the awful winters!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Central Massachusetts (a few towns east of Worcester). It takes about 45 min to get into Boston, so we can visit the city frequently. But I like life in a smallish town.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I live in a suburb of Dallas, Texas. I have lived in Texas my entire life so I don't really know any different but I love it! I wish we would get more snow. I have never been skiing!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • Whoooo Kansas represent! I live just outside Dodge City. Originally from Houston Texas but moved here last year. The Jayhawks are a huge deal here too! @npaulie moving from Kansas to Ireland must have been intense! You're so lucky to live there haha. I would give my left pinky for the chance to live in Ireland! Also super jealous of the rest of you who live in states that have four actual seasons and a proper wintertime or by the seaside! Canada is on my bucket list to see before I die, so beautiful!! 
  • Southeast Michigan here. i love the seasons and the Great Lakes - can't wait for our summer vacay to Lake Michigan 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @silverbulletband hope you guys have been spared by the fires!
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Seems like I'm the furthest south, I'm in a suburb about about halfway between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. Which is great for beaches and awesome events. 

I love Sourh Florida weather and all the diverse people. 
  • I'm in Wisconsin - south of Green Bay. 

I love my town - it's beautiful, especially in summer. Safe, family friendly. I grew up here, so it's just "home".
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I live in Michigan in the metro Detroit area. The thing I hate the most is the cold weather (I grew up in CA). The thing I like the most is simply the fact that moving here after college I was able to meet my now husband whom I love very much!

• @datalover13 yes we're okay! Two houses in the city proper got taken and a few in surrounding areas but mostly just field and cattle loss though nothing as traumatic as the losses in the TX panhandle :(
  • I currently live in Arizona. But, I am originally from WI and my husband is from MI, so we still get our fill of the Midwest!  What I love about Arizona is no snow!  You don't have to shovel the sunshine!  That said, summers do get toasty and can be long.  But it was 90 degrees today and we went swimming, so there's a trade off!
  • Far northwest Chicago suburbs. 
  • I live in Southern California. The weather is a plus (mid-80s today) and we are just 1-2hrs from beach or snow or desert.... 4.5hr car ride to Vegas... 4hr car ride to Mexico... so much to do here! Moved here in June 2014.... met my now Hubby / Baby Daddy just a few months after moving here!! :)

I'm originally from Southeastern Massachusetts... and my bro still lives in Western Mass, so I'm out there often!
  • @silverbulletband whoop whoop KS!! Yeah I heard about the fires!! Glad it didn't hit you guys. Did you or @datalover13 get affected by the tornados last week? One touched down 5 minutes from my parents house!! Luckily no damage there!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 @Phil413 @mecoats same as you all but more in the Allentown/Lehigh Valley region! I'm just expecting this baby to come in the middle of the storm this week.... that IS my kind of luck! Our area is currently considered bullseye... of course. Lol stay safe this week ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kelizr yea - we are close to Lehigh valley. I'm not looking forward to the bullseye (we may be on the line of all snow and mix) hopefully your LO will hold out. Mine for sure will Be here in the snow. :( hope you stay safe too :) 
  • @silverbulletband glad you guys are okay!!

@npaulie nope we got really lucky! There was a wall of tornado warnings coming from Topeka, but the one that came through here weakened when it came through before dropping baseball sized hail in Eudora and crazy winds in Olathe. 
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17