March 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun

• Gators&BoSoxGators&BoSox member
    edited March 2017
    wrong thread
  • vprodvprod member
    @longliveregina Smart! We're seriously terrified of bathing her, she sounds like she's being murdered when we put any water on her. But if it's nice and steamy it might work out better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @EnglishTeacherMama I'm not looking at my discharge paperwork... but it said something along the lines of... bright red flow for a while, then pinkish, then white/yellow mucousy. (If color is what you mean?) 
    if you just generally mean the mucous-consistency (not color change) that's also normal! 

• kjd291 said:
    @EnglishTeacherMama I'm not looking at my discharge paperwork... but it said something along the lines of... bright red flow for a while, then pinkish, then white/yellow mucousy. (If color is what you mean?) 
    if you just generally mean the mucous-consistency (not color change) that's also normal! 

Oh good! Thank you!
    I read all my discharge paperwork but was half asleep while doing so, and don't remember finding that info. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2017
    Tmi

I'm still filling a pad with red blood (albeit mucousy red blood) about every 3 or 4 hours. Bleeding had tapered off but picked back up two days ago. Something to be concerned about? A sign I need to get more rest? Or totally normal? My mil and a subsequent Google search have me mildly concerned this is not normal. 

Cross posted in FB group.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tmi

I'm still filling a pad with red blood (albeit mucousy red blood) about every 3 or 4 hours. Bleeding had tapered off but picked back up two days ago. Something to be concerned about? A sign I need to get more rest? Or totally normal? My mil and a subsequent Google search have me mildly concerned this is not normal. 

Cross posted in FB group.
    My midwife said only to call her if I was filling a pad every HOUR for two hours straight.  (So 2pads in 2hrs) otherwise to not worry. 
  • @longliveregina I was also soaking a pad every 3-4 hours until about day 12. It slowed down when I rested and picked up when I was active. So maybe try taking it easier and see if it slows. 
  • kjd291 said:
    I am drinking SO much water-but rarely get an urge to pee! I make sure to take regular bathroom breaks to check on bleeding and go pee- and I always pee a TON even though I didn't think I had to go. 

I've actually heard your nerves can be numb awhile after so you have to be sure to pee often.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm drinking so much water & urinating so often!  Prior to every BF I must go, forgot prior to one/didn't have an overwhelming urge, barely survived that feeding...
  • kjd291 said:
    I am drinking SO much water-but rarely get an urge to pee! I make sure to take regular bathroom breaks to check on bleeding and go pee- and I always pee a TON even though I didn't think I had to go. 

I've actually heard your nerves can be numb awhile after so you have to be sure to pee often.
    Interesting!!  
    I was mostly hoping it wasn't already a -- because you had a HUGE baby your bladder control is forever a little messed up kinda thing ;) haha. 
  • @kjd291 I'm going through the same thing.. I think "wait, when did I pee last?" All day... so weird. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @kjd291 the nerve thing is kinda how my dr explained it too. I still don't have control over mine...peed on the bathroom floor while trying to brush my teeth this morning. 
  • @Lexxilou1986 that has happened to me too...also for awhile I was starting to pee like 1.5 seconds too early when I went into the bathroom. Luckily I'm just at home every time this has happened so I can laugh about it!

My doctor said to just be vigilant about peeing every 2 hours or so whether or not I feel like I have to, and it's getting much better. 
  • Also still having vertigo - but the good news (well sorta good) is that I also now have an ear ache/pressure.  So it's definitely an ear thing--fluid build up, or ear infection, etc.  
    Not some sort of dizziness that comes with vitamin deficiency, anemia, or because of excess blood loss like i was worried about.
    SOO: hopefully I can get this fixed this week!! 
  • I also strangely have an ear infection! No clue where this came from - I didn't have a cold or anything! 
  • Cbeanz said:
    I also strangely have an ear infection! No clue where this came from - I didn't have a cold or anything! 
    Ugh!  I'm sorry!! 

I was able to convince my dad to drive over this evening (he's a PA) and peek in my ears. He confirmed I have a LOT of fluid built up--but no infection. Soooo-I can stop obsessing over what's wrong with me and causing this feeling of being on a boat. But He said it could take a while for it to drain, and said to just use some nasal spray to try and get things un-inflamed to help the process 
  • Today I was called to book an appointment with an advisor at our bank, so I booked it for next week...but now that I have had a chance to sit and think...I'm super nervous about this appointment because my babe isn't on a schedule yet obviously so I don't know when I'll be feeding him and I'm worried he will be needing to be fed just as I'm supposed to be heading out the door. I just want to call the bank back and cancel! It will be the 2nd time I go out in public with him
  • edited March 2017
    So much yes to all of this!! But especially the comment about not giving verbal instructions to PP women. I'm fairly certain there were times I forgot my name at the hospital.

Anyone else feeling SUPER achy? I wake up feeling like a bus has hit me. Its not isolated to my hip/back - it's more like every joint/muscle hurts. 
  • Today I was called to book an appointment with an advisor at our bank, so I booked it for next week...but now that I have had a chance to sit and think...I'm super nervous about this appointment because my babe isn't on a schedule yet obviously so I don't know when I'll be feeding him and I'm worried he will be needing to be fed just as I'm supposed to be heading out the door. I just want to call the bank back and cancel! It will be the 2nd time I go out in public with him
    This was really hard for me with my first.  Just top baby off before you get buckled up in the car seat-and/or if you aren't comfortable feeding at the bank with a cover-you can sit in your car before or after.  I BF quite a bit in the car with my first because I hated feeding around ppl   
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 my back was soooo sore this past time but not so much my entire body. you did just birth a baby though so the hit by a bus feeling is probably warranted haha

@MrsFlemingo i did the same thing as @kjd291. DS never wanted to be covered and was easily distracted so car feedings it was. 

DD hasn't been sleeping in her bassinet   :( i really need her to start. part of it i think still has to do with my big supply and her little belly but i've tried every combination of swaddling, positioning and burping with no real progress. hopefully she grows out of it and restful sleep is in our near future.

also, i'm 13 days PP and still having red discharge at least part of the time. anyone else? i'm certain i'm "overdoing" it but honestly idk how i can be the only one since many of us have toddlers to chase. i've heard your second recovery takes longer
  • @Gators&BoSox I tried putting DS in his bassinet last night instead of the RNP. He slept for an hour and then was over it. Then slept like a champ in the RNP. 

I'm 19 days PP and still have dark red discharge at least some of the time. It's tapering off again now and turning more brown. Definitely feel like recovery is taking longer this  time.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited March 2017
    @Gators&Bosox I'm 14 days PP and still having red discharge but it's a lot less than it was and not as bright red...more like brick red/brown. Hope it ends soon because I hate wearing pads!

I'm also on the baby won't sleep in bassinet train. DH is out of town for work until tomorrow so I didn't even attempt to put her in it yesterday...just threw her in the rock n play and actually got sleep! She woke up twice, sleeping about 4 hours at a time. In the bassinet she will sleep an hour at a time at most...if she will sleep at all :( I know the rock n play isn't a forever solution but I was at the end of my rope! :(
  • 31 days PP and bleeding is finally tapering off...
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • +1 for Team RNP ... I hope I'm not setting myself up for sheer hell when I try to transition him eventually, but for now, Mama needs the sleep. 
  • MyDG620MyDG620 member
    edited March 2017
    RNP here for the win....
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • thanks guys.. the bassinet i have does recline and actually gets great reviews for reflux so I'm truing to stay optimistic that it will do the trick. i'm glad to know that i'm not the only one sill bleeding. some of the things i was reading online made it sound like i was dying haha
  • I attempted bassinet last night too-baby girl wouldn't have it. Meh. Also wondering if oversupply and little tummy are messing up sleep-because she's constantly farting/pooping and burping when she's fussy at night. 

I'm having hours of no bleeding and then sudden spurts throughout the day of red bleeding again. So I'd say normal.

My vertigo is still awful. --more of a B than a postpartum issue, but it's definitely effecting taking care of my littles. 
  • I think I tried bassinet once or twice, but have stuck with RNP non stop, sometimes I'll use RNP without the rocking feature turned on to train him to sleep at a stand still. I should practice more.
    Can you just feed him anyway right before you leave preventatively and feed him at the bank of necessary?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 my back was soooo sore this past time but not so much my entire body. you did just birth a baby though so the hit by a bus feeling is probably warranted haha

@MrsFlemingo i did the same thing as @kjd291. DS never wanted to be covered and was easily distracted so car feedings it was. 

DD hasn't been sleeping in her bassinet   :( i really need her to start. part of it i think still has to do with my big supply and her little belly but i've tried every combination of swaddling, positioning and burping with no real progress. hopefully she grows out of it and restful sleep is in our near future.

also, i'm 13 days PP and still having red discharge at least part of the time. anyone else? i'm certain i'm "overdoing" it but honestly idk how i can be the only one since many of us have toddlers to chase. i've heard your second recovery takes longer
    Yes. My discharge is way lower in volume, but I'd say I could fill a giant overnight pad in about half a day and my bleeding is not pink or brown yet. It is more mucousy now though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Count us in the hating the bassinet club. It can't be has because she sleeps perfectly fine flat on my bed. Maybe it's TOO firm? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If any of you remember me asking last week//my midwife said the gray paper/balloon like thing I had discharged was mostlikely a piece of the amniotic sac! She said it's not at all common, but could definitely happen with my speedy birth and hemorrhaging, and as long as I wasn't having other bleeding issues there's no concern-cus my body did its thing and got rid of it. 
  • FTM, baby has definitely managed to pee on himself and all over changing table, several times. Although its been a few days since he's done it to me. Is it something he's aged out of?  Or am I still in danger zone?
  • FTM, baby has definitely managed to pee on himself and all over changing table, several times. Although its been a few days since he's done it to me. Is it something he's aged out of?  Or am I still in danger zone?
    Boys never grow out of peeing all over....everything.
    My son peed on his own face as a newborn.
    Twice.
    Oh, we've done that plenty!