April 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 3/8

Any glowing going on this week? 

Re: Symptoms Thread 3/8

• Loading the player...
  • @HGRich yes to trimming toe nails! I did that a few days ago and that was quite the challenge!

and also to the sweating at night. Ugh. 

More bh. Random pains and tightness. Not sleeping well. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Mostly just seconding what has already been said... Not sleeping well the last couple weeks, peeing several times a night. I have to pee often during the day but it's never a lot at one time which is annoying to me. I have some tight muscles in my back but only on the right side because baby is off to the right. Overall still feeling pretty good, just tired and starting to feel bigger by the week. 
  • @MrsBakes you are in MN?! I thought I was the only one on the board!
  • wagnerw said:
    @MrsBakes you are in MN?! I thought I was the only one on the board!
    Yup :) Why I left Cali for this is a mystery LOL

• @MrsBakes goodness! I had no idea. I can't imagine leaving Cali for MN! Yikes, what a transition!
  • Just found out I have PUPPS.  yay!  

• @taylor72 I think you're entitled to complain! I'm at the point where if people ask me how I'm doing I'm totally honest. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• edited March 2017
    @aboxofchocolates how did you determine t was PUPPS? Did you have to see your provider? I woke up this morning with a few really itchy spots on the bottom of my stomach, but I'm hoping it's just a contact dermatitis from some cocobutter I put on last night because it's in the same spot and it doesn't look red like the pictures on google ... guess I'll be asking about it tomorrow at my 36 week appt just to be sure.  :/
  • catem07 said:
    @taylor72 I think you're entitled to complain! I'm at the point where if people ask me how I'm doing I'm totally honest. 
    This!!!! 

• wagnerw said:
    @MrsBakes goodness! I had no idea. I can't imagine leaving Cali for MN! Yikes, what a transition!

Yeah, i'm crazy LOL But back then in 2005 a 3 BR rambler in Cali was $650K. We bought our big townhome for $200K in MN. We said we'd go back some day... Some day.... *sigh... 

• @babyblake042017, anytime I tried using cocoa butter when I was pregnant with DS it made me break out and itch so I just stopped using it and haven't even tried with this one. Hopefully it's just an irritation like that for you and not PUPPS.

@schef070911, yes to the pelvic pressure and difficulty walking today! Holy moly!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mylittleirvz that's good to know! I have only used it a couple of times this pregnancy and haven't had any issues (usually I use coconut oil or the earth mama oil) but last night I put on kind of a lot of the coco butter and went straight to bed. I haven't used any today and it's mostly gone away so I'm assuming that's what it must have been from! 
  • It also makes a big difference what kind of coconut oil one uses. It all depends on how it's processed etc. I've had some weird ones too that didn't make me break out but made my skin feel really weird. This time I'm using Burt's Bees and I'm very pleasantly surprised. I have extremely sensitive skin and this works wonderful. It's not greasy but is very moisturizing and leaves my skin very soft. I've started using it all over actually. 

• @BabyBlake042017  I noticed the rash on my upper thighs, hips, and forearms.  My stomach is faintly blotchy but very itchy.  I asked my doctor at my 33 week appointment and she quickly told me it was pupps.  She said to hydrate and moisturize, she also said dandelion tea is helpful.  

• @BabyBlake042017  I noticed the rash on my upper thighs, hips, and forearms.  My stomach is faintly blotchy but very itchy.  I asked my doctor at my 33 week appointment and she quickly told me it was pupps.  She said to hydrate and moisturize, she also said dandelion tea is helpful.  

• edited March 2017
    Thanks @boxofchocolates I asked my provider today and luckily she said mine was just normal sensitive skin irritation during pregnancy and told me to avoid heavy creams/lotions and to take Benadryl if needed. Hope yours feels better (as much as possible)! 
  • Magheeta said:
    Just had one of the partners in the office tell me that I looked "ripe" *insert eyeroll* 

I've already said this today, but I felt the baby drop this morning while I was making my lunch. I imagined it swimming like a dog retrieving a toy at the deep end of the pool based on the intensity of the movement and how far it swam down. Totally creepy and uncomfortable. 

I'm starting to have some swelling in my feet and legs by the end of the day, but that's expected. My urine sample was fine yesterday at my OB appointment, and I should get my bloodwork results back in the next day or two, but I figure if there's anything wrong, they'd let me know. 

My filter (or at least what's left of it) has been off the past few days, and probably will be until I birth this thing. 
    ^so creepy and weird! @Magheeta my filter is pretty much nonexistent at this point as well. 

Ditto to not sleeping well and the constantly peeing. Every time I stand up, I have to pee and I leak every time I stand lol (thank god for liners!). The baby has dropped, so the waddle is intense right now. It feel like my water is going to break when I walk around too much from all the pressure he's been putting on me. For someone who has dropped though, he still likes to extend his legs into my rib cage--especially when I drive! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • I'm spotting again.  And it's snowing, so I'm in no rush to drive myself to the hospital.  I really need this spotting stuff to get under control sooner than later.
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Okay I know, this is a lot of info. Sorry bout it. But anyone know what I'm talking about when it comes to back of your thigh sweat? Like when ur stomach hurts so bad and you have to go to the bathroom and all of a sudden the backs of your thighs start to sweat? This is how I feel, like my thighs sweat and my stomach hurts like I have to go to the bathroom but I can't. 
  • @taylor72 yes I know that feeling. Girl you need to get some yogurt in you or something. 
  • @catem07 That's a symptom! Obviously not a very painful one, but definitely pregnancy related! 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Holy hemorrhoids. Ouch, ouch, ouch. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Last week it was nose bleeds. Every morning my nose would be stuffy and after I blew....blood...tons of it but only out of one nostril. This happened about 5 days in a row. 

My latest symptom is SUPER itchy feet. Just the tops of them. So bad that my feet are getting raw in some spots from itching and it is waking me up! I have been a little itchy in other places so it could be PUPPPS, but I also thought it could cholestasis so I went and got some blood work just to be sure. @aboxofchocolates @BabyBlake042017 has the lotion, hydration, Benadryl helped with your itching? I need some relief!
    Me: 30 - DH: 33 
    Married 06/26/10
    TTC Since December 2014
    Diagnosis: anovulatory cycles
    IUI #1: 04/17/16 (100mg Clomid & Ovidrel) = BFN 
    IUI #2: 05/14/16 (100 mg Clomid) = BFN
    IUI #3: 06/11/16 (100mg Clomid)= BFN
    IUI #4: 07/12/16 (Non-medicated) = BFN
    IVF#1: 08/28/16 = BFP!
    Baby Girl Coming 05/21/17 <3
  • @marissy8 that sounds awful, I hope you get some relief! Luckily a day or two of Benadryl and trying not to scratch/irritate it further has helped me. Good luck! 
  • @marissy8  I think hydrating is helping,  hot showers seem to make it worse

• @marissy8 I have the noise blowing issue a lot. My primary care recommended using saline spray. It helps a lot! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• Leg and feet swelling has began! It was so bad yesterday that it freaked out my mom,  which then freaked me out...