June 2017 Moms

Pelvic rest lift/sex question

My placenta that was low and possibly caused my bleeding around 16 weeks, has moved up at 26 weeks to 3 cm from os. My OB lifted my restrictions and gave me the ok to sex it up. Now i am so nervous to actually do it, or have an O. I have not had any more bleeding since then. Anyone have any experience with this? Offer advice? TIA

Re: Pelvic rest lift/sex question

• I had the same thing. It was terrified the first time. But I kinda just made myself do it. Just keep reminding yourself that it's okay. If you really aren't comfortable, don't do it. You will be okay and your so will survive. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • I'm still on rest and hoping for a lift in 4 weeks, at that point, I might be too big and uncomfortable to do anything, but I think it's great advice to take it slow and not do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Trust yourself and your body.
  • Loading the player...
  • LMAO!! Thanks ladies 
  • It's not all about men! I would loose it without sex! 
  • Wino0920 said:
    It's not all about men! I would loose it without sex! 
    I had a higher sex drive with my second (a boy) and not with my first or this one (both girls).  My poor DH probably wishes I was like that! 
  • This is amazing!!! I died!
  • itsfine said:
    mrt said:
    Hahahaha @itsfine when I went in to get checked out for my painful contractions on Wednesday, my doctor asked me if I had had intercourse recently and I just laughed.
    Right?! It's a daily struggle just trying to bend and move normally and now you want sex. Ha! Basically I feel like this gif on the daily. 

Add me to this group... DH is lucky if he gets it 1-2x a month since I got pregnant. I'm way to tired and it's hard enough finding a comfortable position when I'm not trying to have sex lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • shmarplershmarpler member
    edited March 2017
    Soo....TB ate the second half of my comment. I had similar concerns, but we haven't had any problems or scares since I've been off pelvic rest. I did cramp a lot getting back into my normal day. Grocery shopping especially was tough, so I had to ease into everything.

Is the placenta still on your scar?

***edited because auto correct is a jerk.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • She said she thinks it is just above it or the edge may reach it....
  • Is she concerned about it?
    Married 8/29/09
  • No, they said there were no signs of the accreta that I was worried about... and she lifted all restrictions 
  • @Mport90, that's awesome news!
    Married 8/29/09
  • I have a low placenta and my doctor didn't mention anything about pelvic rest, but my drive is way low and I'm just not interested at all. 
  • My dh makes me feel bad about no sex. He will make a comment here and there.
     If I'm not feeling first tri exhaustion, then I'm gassy, or now baby girl is really active lately and freaks me out. I would have to stop if I felt her.  Glad I'm not the only one.  I wish it was not allowed for 9 months hahah...then I wouldn't feel bad.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jennas312 said:
    My dh makes me feel bad about no sex. He will make a comment here and there.
     If I'm not feeling first tri exhaustion, then I'm gassy, or now baby girl is really active lately and freaks me out. I would have to stop if I felt her.  Glad I'm not the only one.  I wish it was not allowed for 9 months hahah...then I wouldn't feel bad.

I say you agree to sexy time and then just let one rip. 

Seriously though, he shouldn't be making you feel bad for not being in the mood. 
  • Wearmi1 said:
    I gave up on sex when I got pregnant.  The thought of it literally made me want to vomit in my first tri.  Now.... nope nope nope.  Plus pretty sure my hubs is pretty grossed out every time I tell him my vag is sweating or that we needed to get some legit pads for me in case I pee myself at any given time.  Pretty sure he doesn't want any part of what's going on down there. 

This is us. My first instinct when I hear other ladies say that their DH has been wanting sex is "Really? Does your DH know what's going on down there??"

Can I join the August train? We can revisit then...
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • My libido has gone in fits and spurts. We were pretty active before getting pregnant, so this about 1x week thing is pretty slow for us. Husband is pretty much game any time, even in light of the changes. Only thing is, no going downtown for the husband. These secretions are no joke!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just a heads up when we get a little closer to the finish line: "human semen contains prostaglandins, which are responsible for cervical ripening."

My libido is crazy when pregnant, it's probably the only reason DH agreed to having another child. (Joking. Kind of.) 
  • I don't think it's wrong for an H to want sex. That's a part of the marital relationship for most people, and I think it's fair for an H to continue to want it. Sex has been painful for me so we have essentially stopped regular sex, but I still give him hand jobs because I know that's important for him. 
  • jennas312 said:
    My dh makes me feel bad about no sex. He will make a comment here and there.

I say you agree to sexy time and then just let one rip. 

Seriously though, he shouldn't be making you feel bad for not being in the mood. 
    Omg he would die!  Hahaha he will just comment here and there about it. Nothing terrible, but I feel bad. I think ok, tonight I'll be in the mood....nope, nevermind!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I scared myself and dh when I had severe leg cramping after sex. The fear of that happening again has limited our desire to try again.

We're pretty tame too so the physics of matching up is slightly a puzzle for us.
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I am laughing so hard at all these remarks!!!! Thank you ladies