August 2017 Moms
Options

Baby movements

How does it feel to you when the baby moves for the first time? Im a first time mom and I believe I'm starting to feel the baby move. People said it feels like little butterflies. These don't feel like butterflies. It's hard to describe. I just know i feel a little pressure in one area, sometimes a knocking feeling. I am 15 weeks and 1 day.

Re: Baby movements

• Options
    That's how it's felt for me too most of the time! Yesterday I had some butterfly or "flopping" feeling. But usually in my lower left side of my belly it feels like a pressure or knocking feeling. But I'm a FTM too, so I've been wondering as well.
  • Options
    It's hard to explain until you've actually felt it. But 15 weeks is super early to feel it for a FTM. In my first pregnancy, it felt most like bubbles. But once I had definitely felt it, it was easier for me to think back and recognize that it was the baby before.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know I felt it for the first time around 15 weeks (I'm 19 today) because it was a vibrating, fluttering sensation way down in my uterus, like nothing I've ever felt before. However, I haven't felt anything recently. It's been hard to tell if the movement I feel now is gas bubbles or baby movement. Last night I felt something like a gentle tickling from the inside. 

At 19 weeks my baby's cartilage is still hardening into bone so I guess the "real kicks" aren't scheduled to come just yet. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As a FTM, I was in my 20-something weeks before I felt real movement. This time around, I sometimes think I've felt something, but only being 16 weeks I chalk it up to gas movement and/or very very minimal baby-whipping-around-inside-there.

It's definitely hard to explain how it feels, but it's fun when you figure it out!
  • Options
    I was laying on my stomach and I felt a "scuttle" feeling, like a mouse or a beetle running across the inside of my uterus. I got really still and made sure it wasn't my heartbeat, which most of the "movements" I've felt so far have turned out to be, and then I felt it 2 more times! None since then, though. 
  • Options
    JCPSand2BJCPSand2B member
    edited March 2017
    With my first I felt it long before I admitted that I was feeling it. Felt like flutters or gas, sort of like what my husband refers to as "bubbles guts"
  • Options
    JCPSand2B said:
    With my first I felt it long before I admitted that I was feeling it. Felt like flutters or gas, sort of like what my husband refers to as "bubbles guts"
    Ugh the bump keeps cutting off my post, and guess I'm not bump savvy enough to fix it. 

Anyways as I was saying:

I didn't put it together that I was feeling movement until I felt it and saw the baby move on the ultrasound. I just couldn't believe that was what "baby movement" felt like. 

This is time around I've felt the same thing, but can't say for certain I'm actually feeling it. It's been when I've been relaxed, laying down and focused elsewhere. I've semi convinced myself it's in my head. 

Looking foward to consistent obvious movement!

• Options
    babyudell8815babyudell8815 member
    edited March 2017
    I felt a flutter around 14 weeks (19 weeks as of tomorrow). Now I feel pressure and flutters! Makes it so real that there's a little human growing in there! Usually when I roll over during the night, I feel some flutters..I try to sleep and she's in there scootin around! 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    I'm always surprised when other FTMs say that they have felt movement so early.  I haven't felt any movement.  Baby was moving around and kicking me throughout my entire anatomy scan today, and I couldn't feel anything.  The ultrasound tech kept asking me, "Do you feel him moving?"  I felt absolutely nothing. (19 weeks yesterday, posterior placenta, FTM)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and keep thinking 'is that her?!' but I really haven't felt anything like flutters so...I'm guessing it's just my stomach grumbling or whatnot. Hopefully when we go for our 20wk u/s I will be able to connect movement to feeling...
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    Jossey91Jossey91 member
    edited March 2017
    Thank yall for yall replies
  • Options
    There are a bunch of places on this board alone that talk about what movement feels like, maybe use the search function next time, before posting a thread.
    Well im sorry i posted it. I thought it was free to post any thoughts...if this really bothered you, you could have just ignored this post..
  • Options
    Some people are grumps about posting rules. *eye rolls* I felt my daughter at 16 weeks when I was a FTM. I felt my son at 15 weeks. It's not common to feel movement that early but it happens! 

My my description of baby kicks is the worst. It feels exactly like what I would think a tiny foot kicking my insides would feel like. Haha seriously, it's a terrible description. 
  • Options
    I think we have a new Sherrif in town! @nxy I like it ;) 
  • Options
    @Jossey91 the only reason I responded to you was because this was your third thread that asked a question that could have been answered by looking at our other threads. You have never even introduced yourself, and aren't contributing to any of our conversations. We are an established group of women who have been supporting each other for 4 months, and you are more than welcome, but please read the pinned threads, and join in on our weekly conversations, and stop posting threads that only pertain to you. 
    Well hello. I am Jocelyn. I am 25. I lost my child in my first pregnancy 5 years ago. I am terrified about losing my baby this pregnancy. Everytime i have questions, i think of this app. I would love to participate in discussions whenever possible, but i work 50 hours a week and i am doing this all on my own. I didnt know by me posting random questions bothered the "community" because i am not a "regular" as you speak. I wanted advice from women that been through the same thing. But i will make sure that i dont ever ask a question on here again since it goes against the policies. Sorry for bothering. I hope everyone has a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    Once again, i will not intrude on your circle of friends anymore. Certain people made me feel unwanted, so i will not bother to ask. I will figure out whatever i can on my own. Thank yall that did contribute answers to my 3 posts. I just didnt know the seriousness of the rules in an app that i only am able to get on every blue moon. Just learn that you truly dont know what everyone has going on in their lives. How small something you may have said can have a big impact on them. I looked at this as a great opportunity to finally get answers on direct questions from real live women that are going through the same thing instead of googling it. But instead i havent actually had time to go through the posts and such i am basically shamed for asking simple questions. I didnt know that was so horrible on an open app. And i apologize for using this as you say "for reassurance" that my baby is actually alright.
  • Options
    You people can be so catty lmao smfh 
  • Options
    @Jossey91 Don't get discouraged with the group. It's hard when your busy, but we all are. If you use this group as intended it is an amazing tool that can help through pregnancy and parenthood. The intention behind rederecting and asking you to be more involved wasn't mean, it was because there are a lot of threads and there is no reason adding more to an already full board when your question has already been answered in other thread you could be apart of if you were more active. I encourage you to stick around and be more active, like i said earlier it's an amazing resource. 
  • Options

kodariah said:
    @Jossey91 Don't get discouraged with the group. It's hard when your busy, but we all are. If you use this group as intended it is an amazing tool that can help through pregnancy and parenthood. The intention behind rederecting and asking you to be more involved wasn't mean, it was because there are a lot of threads and there is no reason adding more to an already full board when your question has already been answered in other thread you could be apart of if you were more active. I encourage you to stick around and be more active, like i said earlier it's an amazing resource. 
    Thank you for your encouraging words. But im still probably wont continue using this app. The fact that some, not all, of these women take me posting a random post to heart, i find that surprising. I didnt know the seriousness of me posting a question. The reason i keep using the reference google and saying this app is for reassurance is because if yall read in the comments directed to me before, that is what people keep saying i am using it for. So if this post is soooooo serious and affects the community and some of yall personal lives sooo much, i will not bother yall because i am not a special snowflake. Be blessed. Praying for good health for everyone.