Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 3/6

Good morning PGAL mommies! If you're new, you're welcome to tell us about yourself in a separate thread, or add a little about yourself here. Welcome and congrats! And to the old hats, keep on trucking! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar? 

Re: PGAL Check In 3/6

• How far along are you? 19w6d

How big is baby? Mango or a Zesty Zucchini

Appointments coming up? Anatomy scan tomorrow!!!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I'm great. Finally starting to grow a little bit - my jeans don't button anymore :) Emotionally pretty good - excited and nervous for the scan tomorrow.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? A/S for sure.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Struggling to find tall maternity jeans at a decent price. Other than that, nothing to report. 

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar? I remember very clearly that, for a period of time, I really wanted to be a neo-natal nurse. I am in the health care industry but FAR from the clinical side.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks--some of you second trimester ladies might want to think about if you'd like to take over the weekly check ins and other posts here in six weeks or less! 

How big is baby? Over 4.5 pounds, size of a baseball glove. 

Appointments coming up?  Thursday afternoon, regular bi-weekly check up. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically exhausted. Braxton hicks contractions, acid reflux from hell, general discomfort and difficulty breathing. Emotionally, feeling overwhelmed with how quickly it's approaching, still kind of in denial, but after two baby showers my house is full of baby things and I really need her to arrive safe and sound and use them all. She's always moved enough for me not to panic, but she's definitely had days of being too quiet for my taste and I wish she'd be a little more active lately. But she has hiccups right this minute which makes me smile. :) 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  Having the nursery done, still. Now that I have all this stuff I need to be able to nest and put it away. Other than that, I feel like 36 weeks is a big deal since I'll start getting cervical checks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  At my baby shower this weekend I received four things from my registries. Hahaha. You just never know if people are going to use them or completely ignore them. I mean I'm grateful for the frilly pink things I guess, but I could have used a diaper pail and a changing pad.  :D

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar?  I wanted to either be a writer or a veterinarian or a horse trainer. Horses are expensive and I hate math so I leaned into the humanities side and double majored in English and Philosophy. Then I got my MA in Philosophy. I do a lot of hobby writing and some writing for church and blogging, but nothing serious so far. I do still want to publish and still have goals of authoring books. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @byrneme good luck at the a/s! Let us know how it goes! 
  • How far along are you? 38w3d

How big is baby? Size of a Pomeranian Dog?!?! That's slightly terrifying.  

Appointments coming up? NST went well this morning, but HR and BP were still too high, so they scheduled me for an induction for later this week...

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? A little bummed that I won't get my ideal birth story, but on the plus side, I will finally get to meet my rainbow baby this week!!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Just 4 days til I meet my LO!

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar? I wanted to be a firefighter - I thought they were so cool. Instead, I ended up working in higher education administration (with college students).  
  • @byrneme please please please update us tomorrow and let us know how the A/S goes! I am so excited for you!!!!! Bonus points if there is a picture :smiley:
  • OMG @JustAnotherUsername16 YOU'RE HAVING A BABY IN 4 DAYS!!! I'm sure you've realized that but how exciting!!! Congrats!!!!!!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @JustAnotherUsername16 so excited for you that you're going to meet baby this week! Please update us and let us know how it all went! 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme Do you care about the style/brand of maternity jeans?  Motherhood Maternity has 'long' lengths in jeans (not any other sort of pants which stinks), and those have worked well for me.  The quality isn't amazing, but they're pretty cheap and they had nice dark washes and a variety of cuts (boot/straight/skinny).

How far along are you? 
    20 weeks! Halfway there!!

How big is baby? Banana

Appointments coming up? 20 week checkup Thursday, A/S follow-up (to get better heart pictures) on Friday

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I'm actually feeling pretty good.  Today is my birthday and my halfway point so it's super exciting.  I'm 38 so I'm definitely aware of my unique pregnancy/parenting challenges, but today is a good day!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I have 2.  First is getting everything we need to complete the A/S on Friday, second is viability, I can't believe it's coming up so fast!

Rants/Raves/Questions: Is it really so hard to not post about my pregnancy on facebook when I haven't (and don't plan to) and I've told you that??  I had to close my wall to posts today b/c apparently you can't wish me a Happy Birthday without commenting on my pregnancy!

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar? For a very long time, I wanted to be a teacher.  I used to teach my stuffed animals and beg my high school teacher grandfather for his old textbooks.  I taught a bit as a TA in grad school, but didn't go into university teaching after that.  Sometimes I wish I did.  
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @JustAnotherUsername16  so excited for you! 
  • @cpr79 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 

• How far along are you? 36w5d

How big is baby? At our last growth scan, they estimated 6lbs! Baby is back in the 55%. 

Appointments coming up? I'll have two twice a week from now til my scheduled c-section. Tomorrow is a NST and Friday will be a BPP. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally good, though sometimes I have some pretty negative thoughts that creep in. Just what I think are normal worries of bringing a second child into the mix of our current family. Physically, really I"m pretty good. I have a giant bump and yea it's hard to move around, but really I'm feeling pretty good. I've gained much less this time around then with my daughter so I'm really happy about that. I can thank the GD for that one :) 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I guess, 3/27 when I have the baby. As long as he doesn't come early! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I have two weeks and six days left, I think I might be in some type of weird denial. 

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar? A veterinarian or an artist. Nope, not even close, I ended up working in IT with computers/networks. I'm a SAHM now, this July it'll be two years since I started saying home with DD.  I don't plan on ever going back to work in an office if I can help it. I absolutely hate office politics, I can't even think about it without getting annoyed.  
  • @byrneme How did the a-scan go???
    @HGrich do you have a lot of the nursery left to do?
    @JustAnotherUsername16 are they inducing you on the 10th? 
    @cpr79 Happy belated birthday!

• @Bok Bagok technically I go in on the 9th, but baby won't be here until the 10th most likely. Congrats on the 55% - that's perfect!!! Best of luck to you, you're so close now!! 
  • @Bok Bagok it's so crazy you're so close! Glad everything is looking good and you're feeling pretty good. 

We have made progress in lots of little things--priming, painting trim and doors. But our timeline is to have the walls painted by friday night and on Saturday move the crib and the rocker in, and run to ikea for the dresser we plan to get. Then hang decorations on the walls and maybe get a rug. But things like rugs and curtains aren't such a big deal. We just need to get the furniture and storage boxes in there so I can start putting away clothes and linens and such. Am hoping to be able to do a lot of nesting next week! 
  • 1. 23.2. Wow so many of you are so close! 
    2. Grapefruit 
    3. Actually in the hospital currently for 1 day for protective magnesium and steroids so that's my appointment I guess! (Preps baby's brain and lungs in case I deliver very early)
    4. Right now my emotions are a big question mark. Feeling everything at once but actually pretty calm- reminding myself that I'm in such a better place than I was last time (this far along last time I was dilated 4cm, now my cervix is short but still closed and I have my cerclage)
    5. Looking forward to passing 24.5 (when we lost our little baby last year) but really just praying for 28 weeks. 
    6. We've been renovating our 1880s Victorian home for almost a year and the last of our big projects is finally well underway- the main bathroom!
    7. I wanted to own a pet store... now I work in the medical field, so nope! 
  • @justanotherusername16 -wow good luck to you!!!! Hope it all goes smoothly for you!! 
    @hgrich - putting all the stuff away really makes it feel real. Like "wow there going to be a baby here using/wearing this stuff".
    @pabloandchristine - congrats on getting your home reno completed! We moved into a very outdated home with a long list of renos needed and just had our kitchen redone. While it's certainly not a 1880's Vic, I can relate to the excitement!!! We are saving the master bath for last also, haha. 

• Hi ladies! Our A/S went well yesterday in terms of things being fine so I'm obviously super grateful for that. However, I am growing a squirmy, uncooperative baby for sure (pretty sure s/he gets that from my DH) and we weren't able to get any good pictures (I have a random foot, two legs, a fist and the baby yawning which really looks like the Scream mask!). Anytime they were trying to get a profile shot there were flailing legs, arms in front of the face or s/he would turn backwards and/or facedown. Regardless, healthy and measuring on point at 20w3d so I'm super content. I hope to have some pictures to share after our fetal echo on the 21st!

@cpr79 - i hope you have had a great birthday!! Mine will fall sometime right after birth (unless I go late) so I feel like I may be a bit preoccupied for the big 3-8 this year!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme This is so great to read!!! I'm glad everything was healthy and measuring on track!
  • How far along are you? 35 Weeks today

How big is baby? At last weeks ultrasound, baby was measuring over 5 lbs. I developed GD this pregnancy; my first two babies were delivered at 38 1/2 weeks, and were in the 6lb range...I'm scared! lol. 

Appointments coming up? OB next week - think I start going weekly..; and I have to make another growth scan apt.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? All the feels, scared, excited...

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Having a healthy baby in my arms..even the crying, I'll take it. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Last week's scan showed that baby was breech, it doesn't feel as if he flipped.  While I'm ok with the concept of having a C-section, it scares the crap out of me (first two delivered vaginal).

GTKY: What did you want to be "when you grew up?" Did you end up doing that or something similar? I wanted to be a Veterinarian.  No, nothing close to that. 

DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• @lady_1981 my daughter didn't flip until way late in pregnancy. I was shocked when they did the US and told me she had flipped because I didn't have a notiacble "oh the baby just did a big flip" feeling. 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    Update on my A/S rescan: apparently I have a very stubborn child bc we have to go back again in 2 weeks! The baby was sleeping and would not wake up for anything!  Face towards my back and covered with its hands, so they couldn't see any of the profile shots they needed. Also with its back to the probe, they couldn't get good heart pictures through the spine. Hopefully baby moves around for them next time. 

I'm going out of town for work next week and I'm a little anxious not having the scan until I get back but they said its nothing to be worried about, happens all the time. 

Has anyone else had to go back twice??
  • @CPR79 - me! My LO was completely uncooperative as well. They were able to get most of their shots/measurements but, since I am scheduled for a fetal echo next week (standard in IVF babies), they knew they would get a second chance for the ones they were missing. However, had I not had that scheduled I guarantee I'd be going back. It really isn't anything to be concerned about, just your baby asserting its independence already :)
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @cpr79 I had to go back once and almost twice--she ended up moving enough after they had me empty my bladder and walk around a bit so they did get what they needed the second time. But I wouldn't worry about it! Like @byrneme said, baby's just being independent! :) If anything, I'm excited for you to see baby again! I haven't seen Lucy since week 24 and I wish I could see that face again!