July 2017 Moms

What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

Re: What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

• I've never had a big appetite but lately I am eating so much, especially at breakfast. This weekend I ate two pancakes, two eggs, bacon and a couple bites of DH's breakfast and still could have kept going. Ive been craving fruit and tart things since the first tri. I have an Italian ice every night after dinner and it is divine. Since I can't indulge in a glass of wine every evening this (and trashy tv) have become my nightly pleasure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • i alternate between cravings for kale salads and apples and chocolate chip cookies. 
  • and still have a slight aversion to chicken! 
  • @satsumasandlemons - I feel you on the chicken. I am the same way with Turkey..... :(
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I can't handle chicken either, I'm fine with deep fried chicken ...like filets ..burger ....  but I can't deal with a whole chicken anymore!! 
  • @munchkinsmama That sounds amazing!!!

Yay Taco Bell!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @oheliza44 I am the SAME with breakfast! This past weekend DH and I went out for breakfast and I ordered a huge omlet with meat, veggies, cheese and hash brown potatoes inside of it, with a side of toast, AND an extra side of potatoes. When the waitress brought the potatoes out, she set it down between DH and I as if we were sharing. I was like uhh, I'll take that thank you. :joy:
  • I'd been craving a turkey sandwich for a couple of days, so I just picked one up at the deli on my way home from the doctor. 
    It didn't feel nice and cold though, so I have it in the fridge cooling down and can't wait!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I never want beef, chicken, pork. I don't know if it's the grease, there's a few time that I've gorged myself with no problems. Most of the time I can't do it, and it may be the fact that it doesn't sound good to me either. 
  • Yes to the avocado toast! And smoothies!  I've also gone through three jars of McClure's garlic dill pickles. I want all the salty things. 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @mjacks16 I had a bag of mcclures pickle chips today, yum!
  • The past few days, I've really wanted a shamrock shake. The thing is that I've never had one and have no idea if I'll even want it! I'm also trying to avoid all those calories and sugar. Sigh. 
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    edited March 2017
    Ugh not much my appetite is crap. I'm never really hungry but want to snack if I'm standing around. So I'm employing all my tricks to avoid mindless snacking: gum, baby carrots, carbonated water, Halo Top low cal ice cream etc. it doesn't help we have these stupid bags of candy for potty treats for DD that taunt me. I don't even want them but somehow they end up in my mouth...

i would say in terms of consistent cravings the stupid Diet Dr. Pepper craving I can't kick so I indulge every other day or less. And steak...mmm, steak. Chicken is still a no go and grosses me out. Shellfish stil a winner would eat lobster with drawn butter every day if I could. And cheese but I always crave cheese. And fruit! Especially berries and watermelon 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got cheetos at the grocery store today after reading about someone's cheese puffs here and then seeing a nurse in the hospital with a huge bag of cheetos earlier today. I also bought cookie dough to make up for what H threw out over the weekend.  To balance that out, I also bought a large bowl of fruit, some blackberries, and three more mangoes... that should be enough snacks for the rest of the week lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I made a giant pot of pasta, spinach, chicken, and sauce with cream cheese tonight. I honestly had like 3 servings. It was exactly what I wanted. Far cry from me cleaning out mcdonalds yesterday (oops). 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • So way back in 2012, when I was pregnant with the little girl, I found this amazing recipe for chicken breasts, couscous, and this tomato-thyme cream sauce that you can literally eat like a soup. I started craving it a couple months ago, but I couldn't find the exact recipe! It was pretty simple, so I recreated it from memory. Omg...it was amazing! I made it again last night, a double batch and there was a TON left over for lunches. I'll be gorging on this for awhile!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Everything. I'm craving every damn thing. I'm so hungry all the time. It's insane and completely different that my pregnancy with DD. 
  • stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited March 2017
    Cravings are gone for the most part.  Still eating a lot healthier than I have in my entire life.  I just don't crave the crap being pregnant.  It's a nice change however, we have a chip (french fry) stand that has been in my town for decades. It's quite famous in the surrounding area (and beyond) and it opened for the season at the beginning of March.  I've only gone once so far but I crave it almost every day and it takes everything in me to not eat it all the time haha!  Also super hungry all the time.  Last night I ate dinner then 2 chocolate chip Belgium waffles and 10 minutes later I felt like I was starving again.  Ugh. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @stokesm21 I'm the opposite, pre-pregnancy I was SO disciplined with what I ate...but these past several months I've been a little less strict when it comes to junk food and fast food. I hate it! I feel so guilty after eating certain things. 

Along with spicy foods, I've also been craving vegetables and salad. I will go out of my way to eat a vegetable with my lunch, even if it means steaming broccoli at 6:30am before I go to work. Today we have a company lunch at a nice restaurant and my mouth is watering just envisioning the huge salad I'm going to get. 
  • I've been craving pasta with garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan. Simple, delicious. Husband won't eat pasta that isn't homemade and our pasta maker broke when he tried to make some on Friday. I may just have to say "don't like it, don't eat it" and make it myself.
  • I am not normally a soda drinker, but I've been craving a nice big glass of ice cold coke.  And thanks to reading this I want avocado toast and the mini cadbury eggs.  They are my favorite too and I haven't had any yet this year.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been craving a shamrock shake, but I just can't justify that amount of sugar. Today, I went to a healthy, smoothly place is town and got a mint chip protein shake. So yummy! I want another tomorrow!! So happy to have found a healthier alternative. 
  • I've been craving pasta with garlic, olive oil, and Parmesan. Simple, delicious. Husband won't eat pasta that isn't homemade and our pasta maker broke when he tried to make some on Friday. I may just have to say "don't like it, don't eat it" and make it myself.
    @PurplePumpernickel
    This reminds me when I first lived on my own and was so poor I would make noodles with Parmesan cheese and drizzle Italian dressing over it. It was cheap and stuff I always had on hand/didn't go bad fast. Reading your post made me want that again!! 

@irishrose54 That looks amazing!
  • @PurplePumpernickel thanks for the inspiration, been at a loss re what to eat - getting penne primavera for dinner right now :smile: definitely brightens my late shift. 
  • @irishrose54 Thanks for that...now porr DH has to run out for cookie dough.
  • So it is rare that I could post something I am drinking whike being pregnant but my friend turned me on to this Mexican mineral water and I am obsessed. I love beer and this helps satisfy that craving for something cold and bubbly after work. My my grocery store stocks it in the ethnic food section.

Also, add me to Cheeto puff obsessed group. I can't buy them because I eat the entire bag. Whoops. 

• @oheliza44 My SIL told me about that water! I'm not a big beer person, but I love a nice glass of cold white wine or a cocktail in the summer. That might be a nice alternative when the heat starts picking up!
  • @LuLiLaEv @mj8215 glad to have been an inspiration! ;)

@irishrose54 have you tried the Pret brownie? SO GOOD.

I'm still starving after second breakfast :/
  • @PurplePumpernickel my husband teases me that I've turned into a hobbit since first and second breakfast are now a thing.
  • If I don't get puffy Cheetos today I might hurt someone!

Also, DH ate the last brownie last night.  We *may* have had words.  Not one of my finer moments.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• edited March 2017
    If I don't get puffy Cheetos today I might hurt someone!

Also, DH ate the last brownie last night.  We *may* have had words.  Not one of my finer moments.
    I can super relate to you on that.  I forgot my cheeto puffs at home today and I'm contemplating buying some in the cafe downstairs.  It'll throw my whole day off!!!

Also, I made myself a separate dinner from DH because we were at my mom's house and he had eaten at home before coming over.  I served myself some and left the rest on the stove, but I heard him rustling in the kitchen and my head shot up to make sure he wasn't touching the rest of my food.  I was on HIGH alert because if he even looked at my food too long I'd probably attack him.  Thankfully, he was getting his own snack, but the attachment to food is unreal.   :D

ETA spelling

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • oheliza44 said:
    @PurplePumpernickel my husband teases me that I've turned into a hobbit since first and second breakfast are now a thing.
    Wait...two breakfasts aren't a thing? I don't think my stomach got that memo.
  • Give me all the fruit, jalepeno anything, and butterscotch dilly bars from DQ!
  • I used to avoid this type of thread in the past because of m/s but I am loving it now. I always crave Taco Bell and have it at least once a month. What is it about Taco Bell and pregnancy?? 
  • I NEED a cookie right now, but the ones I want are only available at a restaurant thats like a 20 miute drive so Ive resorted to making my own cookies 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I really want raw cookie dough. 
  • @poppyseed1017 a restaurant near me has 'cookies and milk' on their dessert menu. It is three massive gooey cookies and an egg beater of cookie dough. The dough doesn't have raw egg in it so it is safe to eat raw. It is ammmmaaazzziinngg.