1st Trimester

HCG levels rising but nothing on ultrasound

edited February 2017 in 1st Trimester
I'm freaking out about my levels also. I also received a BFP 2 weeks ago. Last Wednesday (8th) I went to the er with abdominal pain and spotting. My hcg levels were only 50 (also nothing was showing on my scans) they said it was not consistent with my lmp that I may have miscarried or in the process. I was trying to explain to them that I am irregular and may be earlier that 6 weeks. Well today I went back and my hcg levels are at 200 but still nothing on scan. Could it be that maybe I am just really early? Has this happened to anyone?

Best Answer

Re: HCG levels rising but nothing on ultrasound

• How long are your cycles/what is the range - you could have been only 3wks and a couple days when you got the BFP, and therefore not far enough along to see anything yet.

I had cycles where I didn't O until CD 42 - so I'd be 6wks by LMP before I even O'ed.
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Loading the player...
  • What was the time frame between the two blood draws? Are they doubling every 48 hours? Not to scare you but I had this happen in September and they ruled it an ectopic. I hope that is not the case for you. 
  • I had the same experience! I actually went in the ER for bleeding AFTER a positive pregnancy test about 3 weeks in. The doctor in the ER was horrible and just told me that although my hcg levels were within normal limits and my urine test was postive, there was no fetal pole seen on the ultra sound just a yolk sac,  you are having a miscarriage. I followed up with my obgyn about 2 weeks later and found out that I was 6 WEEKS pregnant at that visit so I had to be about 4 weeks at the ER. I know how scary it can be. I cried for about a week and a half following my ER visit. I will be praying for you.