March 2017 Moms

Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun

A place to share symptoms and other issues/questions for the post-partum mamas. 

Re: Postpartum Symptoms, Issues & Other Fun

• Day 6 PP,
    baby: nasty umbilical cord finally just fell off!! 
    Mama: Bleeding has finally slowed! I'm still so tired and weak. Not sure if it's from extra blood loss after delivery or just different kid=different recovery.  Trying not to get discouraged and be patient.  Also feeling quite dizzy :( and eating EVERYTHING.
  • I haven't been brave enough to take a shower unless someone else is home.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just noticed today at 10 post c-section that my lower belly is yellow! It feels like a massive bruise and it was super alarming to see this morning when I showered. I hope it's normal!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @AandDM2014 Could it be leftover iodine? I also found a random yellow bruise on my stomach. My doctor said they do so much pulling during the surgery, sometimes it can leave bruises.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • You are all not alone in the weak / dizzy feelings.  I had hubby pick up a hospital bench for the shower, I get particularly lightheaded in there & wouldn't take a shower without anyone home.
  • @kjd291 our kids really are twins lol .. mines umbilical cord came off today too! Way earlier than DSs did 
  • @kjd291 our kids really are twins lol .. mines umbilical cord came off today too! Way earlier than DSs did 
    #Twinning!!

• My body just remembered I have food allergies, apparently. Not sure what I ate, but the bathroom and I are super good friends today.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • I'm still bleeding 24 days PP :( also i'm either constipated or having diarrhea. There is no in between. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • TMI but I passed the biggest blood clot I've ever seen yesterday 6 days PP...totally freaked me out. My mom is staying with me and she is a retired nurse and worked in OB/L&D in the past so I showed her...she didn't think it was that big of a deal. She said the biggest clot she ever saw during delivery or PP was the size of a dinner plate!! Nothing has come out like that since...she said better out than in!!
  • @Spartanrd4 how big was yours? 
  • @Cbeanz it was probably the width of my four fingers put together.
  • korpisar said:
    I'm still bleeding 24 days PP :(also i'm either constipated or having diarrhea. There is no in between. 
    this! ^^^ 
  • @kjd291 not fun!!
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @datalover13 I don't think it's iodine. If it is, I'm really bad at cleaning myself... Plus it hurts a little when I press on it, so I'm thinking definitely a bruise.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• The rule of thumb ive always heard is as l9mg as it's not bigger than a fist it's okay.  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kjd291 My son was born Thursday, and only today did I feel like I could do simple things like toss the laundry down the stairs. I'm sure after losing so much blood you're anemic and that is really affecting your energy levels. Hang in there!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited March 2017
    When I was discharged they said anything tangerine sized and smaller was okay. 

@longliveregina and by son you mean daughter ;p haha.  I'm glad I'm not the only one ((not that I'm glad you're in the same boat!)) this recovery is just so hard!!
    was thinking of you today! Glad your DH will be around to help now!
  • At 10 days PP I'm still having pretty severe pelvic pain. It's worse with walking, lifting, or after I've been sitting awhile and get up. Anyone else still hurting after 10 days? 

Also, I had basically stopped bleeding and then suddenly bled a TON yesterday! I thought I was gonna have to call but I laid down and it improved. Guess I overdid it since it was my first full day alone with both kiddos.
  • Guys... I just forgot how hard this is. Still in the hospital and just wanting to be home so badly (I couldn't do an early discharge because of the GBS). The baby got circumcised and is refusing to be in the sleeper. I'm not a cosleeper but he is only Happy when on my chest and the phone screen is blurring from exhaustion. Please tell me it's easier once you brought them home. 

I have my other son at home but am hoping that the beauty of my own bed and a rock n play will be helpful. 

Also, @Gators&BoSox I think I am going to be the opposite. I already feel so weepy that I'm concerned with what is to come. I had a little bit of the baby blues with my first but now I'm already just wanting to cry. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Oh God, I'm only 6 hours pp and hello after pains. I didn't have any with my son, and these are no joke. Every time I look at her, I cramp lol
  • aw @shines721 hang in there! i will say being home instead of at the hospital has been nice because it has allowed us to get into our own routine

@ShaunaT25 seriously! the afterpains were ridiculous this time!
  • @Lexxilou1986 I had basically stopped bleeding too and then it picked up again the past couple days. Still not the amount they said to be worried about but it's still a little unnerving! But I've been going up and down stairs more and bending over/sitting on the floor more. Hoping that is all that did it.
    Alex
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @shines721 I escaped the hospital early-wasn't sure if it was the it's been a lot easier emotionally to be home!! You got this!  (Plus YES getting tons more sleep!!))
  • I'm still feeling vertigo. Anyone else?!

I'm feelint glad my MWs insist on a 2wk follow up appointment as well as the standard 6wks PP, that way if I'm still feeling the spinning in a few days they can help me figure out other causes instead of just potential iron deficiency. Dr. Google also said vitimin B-12 deficiency usually causes dizziness so I'm just trying to fuel my body well so it can get balanced back out!

And add me onto the bleeding picking back up. Need to wash the sheets again from last night :bawling: figures once I posted on here about it slowing down I'd be proven wrong. 
  • @Cbeanz sounds heavenly 
  • Cbeanz said:
    PSA: some dark chocolate is very high in iron.

(Read the label, not all brands are high)
    Purrrfect <3 haha
  • kjd291 said:n
    When I was discharged they said anything tangerine sized and smaller was okay. 

@longliveregina and by son you mean daughter ;p haha.  I'm glad I'm not the only one ((not that I'm glad you're in the same boat!)) this recovery is just so hard!!
    was thinking of you today! Glad your DH will be around to help now!
    Lol for an entire day I kept saying he instead of she and my exasperated husband had to correct me!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited March 2017
    @kjd291 Definitely sounds like SOMETHING is going on if you are still feeling that dizzy. I'm glad you have a follow up soon! As for bleeding, mine petered out and randomly picked back up too...not enough to get on sheets, but definitely enough to cause an underwear catastrophe. How often are you filling a pad?

ETA
    Lol that is an awfully personal question, feel free to ignore!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm guessing activity really increases flow.  I'm day 5 now and my flow has been very light since day 2 - until today's pediatric appointment.  Just the little extra activity brought on a literal blood bath  :# 

Now - which chocolate brands have that extra iron to help with my anemia  :)
  • @kjd291 Definitely sounds like SOMETHING is going on if you are still feeling that dizzy. I'm glad you have a follow up soon! As for bleeding, mine petered out and randomly picked back up too...not enough to get on sheets, but definitely enough to cause an underwear catastrophe. How often are you filling a pad?

ETA
    Lol that is an awfully personal question, feel free to ignore!
    Lol-no worries!
    Not even filling-just have terrible luck! Hah.No clue how but last night the back of my pad got flipped up - ughh!!!
  • Godiva dark also. I'm thinking it was the 85% cacao one. But there were a few flavors that were all pretty high (above 15%)
  • I am so jumping on this dark chocolate train! :) 

I'm 2 weeks PP and the bleeding is non-existent on some days and really bad on others; it does seem to be linked to my activity levels, like others have said. Except, TMI, now it's getting more mucus-y than period-blood-y. Hopefully that's normal. I don't have time to scour Google yet to check, thanks to my cluster-feeding hungry baby. This is the first break I've had all day and I probably should be doing dishes instead of playing on the internet, but, too bad! 

My emotions are also aaaaaalll over the place. I think that's to be expected, but I hate how unpredictable my mind is. I can go a few hours feeling overjoyed and then the next few hours crying at every little thing. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• vprod said:
    I have showered 3 times in 3 weeks. I feel absolutely disgusting, but every time I go to shower she decides it's time to go on a marathon eating spree. I am covered in breast milk.  :s
    Take her in the shower!
    BabyFruit Ticker