July 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 2.27-3.3.17

12346»

Re: Weekly Randoms 2.27-3.3.17

• @maybeitsmadeline Antepartum depression is definitely a thing and definitely sucks. Especially because of this whole "you're supposed to be a happy glowing pregnant woman" crap that society has going on. As someone who has suffered with both depression and SAD both in my life and during this pregnancy, I 100% sympathize with you and really hope you can find relief soon. It doesn't hurt to bring it up to your doctor, just be aware that the depression has to persist for 2 weeks for it to really get categorized that way. But feeling down and feeling like you need a break is totally normal, and being stressed about the AS doesn't help either. And hopefully your doctor can work with you to monitor it and offer suggestions. For me, it often helps to truly take a break, even if it's just for a day. No chores, minimal cooking, just relax and watch TV all day. If the depression lasts for awhile, it sometimes helps me pull out of it if I have a project to focus on, like throwing a party or organizing a room. It gets me motivated. If you want to talk anymore about the complexity of depression and some self help, you can always PM me. I've had it for around 12 years, so I've gotten pretty good at knowing how to deal at least with mine, and I'm always willing to help someone else. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @maybeitsmadeline echoing what other PP's have said. Definitely bring it up to your doctor. Pregnancy effects each woman in a different way, and hormone changes and their ripple effects are CRAZY. It doesn't mean you're not doing pregnancy "right", or that something is wrong with you, or that you don't aren't going to bond with your baby, etc etc...it's out of your control that it's happening but talking to your doctor and figuring out the next step IS in your control. All the hugs, lady. Navigating depression can be really tough but reaching out is an awesome first step. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • You guys are amazing.

@Chamomile Wow.  That was incredible.  It was extremely moving!  I want to read it over and over again.  I honestly felt like I was the only one that was going through this and not getting any help from my mother was making things worse.  Like I was making it up and acting this way for no reason.  That triggered a lot of the same feelings I'm having.  That I want to be happy walking around, but my growing bump makes me so self-conscious regardless of how excited I am to bring this child into the world.  Thank you so much for sharing that.

@kerils Thank you for the suggestions!  These are great ideas.  I need to figure out when I can implement them.  We have had something going on every spare moment of the week for the last two and next two, but I really need to get some rest in there.  I agree it could definitely help my stress levels.Thank you so much for reaching out and for the support!

@dancegurl1118 Thank you so much for your words.  I'm honestly amazed by the support I've received in this community.  I'm kind of excited for my next appt (3/10) so I can get her take on it.  I need to start writing these down because I have tons of questions unlike all my other visits.  :p

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @maybeitsmadeline
    I'm at work so I can't say everything I want to say due to time, but I did want to say that I sympathize. I stopped taking my anti-depressants under my drs supervision when I found out I was pregnant and I fully relapsed into depression. My midwife referred me to a reproductive mental health clinic that specializes in antenatal and postpartum depression and anxiety. It may be worth looking into a similar program where you live. I was bummed that I will likely be going back on my meds, but I'm come to realize (thanks to support from some awesome ladies on here) that is for the best, and my mental health is crucial for raising the baby. If your dr recommends you go on anti-depressants, don't feel bad or ashamed. Pregnancy is hard and and theres options out there to help us get through it. Join us in the next mental health Monday thread, there wasn't one this week, but it's a good place to check in every with others dealing with similar things. I hope you feel better soon! 
  • @maybeitsmadeline hugs. You have to advocate for yourself  <3

@PurplePoppy424 thanks for posting a pic! Looks pretty low profile under the shirt I'm sure people wouldn't notice. If I get tired of my blanqi underbust tank rolling up on me I'll definitely give that one a try. Hope it's giving you relief!
    I'm not feeling the need for belly support yet. My bump is unnervingly small. HDBD makes me realize just how much smaller it is and it makes me nervous. Fundal height was good though at my appointment Monday so I'm hoping all is well. March 10 and my AS can't come soon enough. I want to know how baby girl is doing in there. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @maybeitsmadeline pre-partum definitely happens. Your hormones are completely out of wack, your body is changing... so many things are out of your control right now. I would definitely bring it up to your doctor at your next visit. It's important you keep yourself physically and mentally healthy too. I have treated many women for this. It does get better! And it doesn't mean for a second you don't love or want your child. You already are an amazing mother for recognizing this is an issue for you. Hope it turns around for you quickly. 

(Not a super regular poster, as my work has become very hectic at my OB office, but I like to drop in an offer my support whenever I can)
  • LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited March 2017
    I really want to stay involved in this group but the warning I got last week for using a stupid gif has made me nervous to keep interacting. I love my last BMB. I really would love to make some friends from this one too. Apparently using a gif is report and warning worthy though. 
    I'm not nearly as active lately because I don't have Facebook, and won't get it, sooo I know everyone will just leave soon. Boo. And all the drama makes it not fun for me. Some people love the drama, I can go without. 
  • AdaByron said:
    not defending that user at ALL but i think that's the way she rolls - i remember being irritated by the way she made blanket statements like "i can't stand people who just keep having kids for govt checks and waste it on jack daniels !!!" and when she clarifies her statement it turns out it's one person she knows from back home in san diego (where it's way more diverse and clearly populated with the crud of society because she knew a lot of seemingly horrible people there). 

she clearly has issues. 
    I think it's more likely that she invents these horrible people to try to justify her disgusting opinions after she gets called out. 
    that would be even crazier and very scary. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline hugs!! definitely talk to your doctor! 
  • Rae1 said:
    GreenBean said:
    It looks like a certain someone was banned too. 
    Good riddance. We better be on the lookout for an AE though. 
    I wish I had some idea of what happened yesterday, hate when they delete entire threads.  Good news is AEs become pretty easy to spot at this point.  New user names tend to stick out and it doesn't take long for s person's true colours to come out.  
  • @OperaSingerMommy :D , I'm so sorry, that's horrible, but I'm also laughing. Kind of a lot. Hahahaha!  :D
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes! I just finished up that monster, now I'm just waiting for the editing mark-up at the end of this month! But it's so great and SUCH a relief to have a job with a reputable company, instead of a shady crook. Plus I'll be getting my car tonight, no more ride sharing!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker