June 2017 Moms

IF March Check-in

edited March 2017 in June 2017 Moms
Hello lovelies! I decided to change things up a little bit with our IF check-in. I will post a new thread monthly from now on so that we can keep updates to one thread for the entire month! How is everyone doing?

1. How far along are you?

2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history?

3. When is your next appointment?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you?

PAGING:
@NurseSHS13  tx: Clomid  EDD: 6/2/17 with 1 bean!
@wifeinraleigh28  tx: FET  EDD: 6/3/17 with 1 girl!
@helloaustin123  tx: none  EDD: 6/5/17 with 1 girl!
@brij2006  tx: Metformin  EDD: 6/7/17 with 1 bean!
@NamelessAria  tx: Clomid  EDD: 6/9/17 with 1 boy!
@kahlan82  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/11/17 with 1 girl!
@beckij34  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/13/17 with 1 boy!
@krex  tx: none (adoption)  EDD: 6/13/17 with 1 girl!
@Elyse1384  tx: FET  EDD: 6/14/17 with 1 bean!
@kmd0501  tx: Letrozole  EDD: 6/18/17 with 1 boy!
@kdanjou  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/19/17 with 1 girl!
@lumilumi  tx: IVF  EDD: 6/20/17 with 1 bean!
@ClaireCF  tx: IUI  EDD: 6/23/17 with 1 bean!
***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

Re: IF March Check-in

• 1. How far along are you? 27 weeks, 2 days. Looking forward to starting 3rd trimester on Saturday!

2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history? Male factor (low counts/motility but honestly, it's hard to pinpoint because every SA looked completely different). Did 3 unsuccessful IUIs, then moved to IVF (did a freeze-all cycle so we could do PGS testing) and got pregnant on our first FET. I feel incredible lucky to have had the success that we've had when I know there are so many ladies still waiting for a BFP after many transfers.

3. When is your next appointment? Next week I go back to the OB. Appointments will be every other week now. I'm happy to report that I passed my glucose test last week!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions: This is an exciting week for us. Our baby shower is on Saturday and tonight my mom and grandmother fly in to spend the week with us. I only wish I could've taken the week off work but alas, with maternity leave slowly approaching, and knowing I'll have to miss a few evenings of work for prenatal classes and pediatrician visits coming up, it just isn't a good idea.

GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you? Monday mornings are a little slow for me. DH and I get up together, drink coffee and have a light breakfast, then go on a walk for a couple of miles around our neighborhood. We do this every morning. Then we come home, shower, and DH goes off to work. At that point I do whatever I feel like doing as I don't go into work each day until 1:30 or 2:30 and work through the evening until about 6:30. Usually mid-morning on a Monday you can catch me doing laundry, visiting TB, watching a little TV, etc. Other week day mornings look different because I do paperwork (documentation) at home from my therapy sessions the previous day.

• 1. How far along are you? - Expecting mother is 25+6! 

2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history? - We were unexplained IF.  3 IUIs and 1 IVF cycle.  For our IVF cycle, we had 11 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI.  Our plan was a freeze all cycle with PGS, but none made it far enough to biopsy and freeze.  We considered another cycle, but decided against it since the RE really couldn't pinpoint what went wrong and what we'd do different to prevent the same outcome.

3. When is your next appointment? - She has a scan on the 9th!

4. Rants/Raves/Questions: Her 3rd trimester will start while we're visiting, so I'm excited for that!  Overall, I'm just super excited to meet our EM and get to know her better!

GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you? - No matter what day it is, I normally wake up around 0600.  I'll read some, then get up and do some yoga before getting ready for work.  Grab a protein bar and out the door for the day, then later in the evening I have band practice for the band I'm a member of.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @krex Wow, you must be so excited to visit EM! So glad to hear that things are progressing well with her, keep us posted about her scan this week! What do you play in your band and what type of music?

• @krex Wow, you must be so excited to visit EM! So glad to hear that things are progressing well with her, keep us posted about her scan this week! What do you play in your band and what type of music?
    I play the flute, but I've also played the saxophone, snare drum, marimba, and violin in other ensembles.  The type of music depends on the season...in the summers we play at a lot of the local fairs, so it's more marches and John Phillips Sousa type music.  During the winter we do Christmas concerts, and in the spring it's mostly classical type renditions.

BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. How far along are you?
    25 weeks
    2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history?
    We never got a firm answer but I have possible LOR and DH had possible motility issues.
    3. When is your next appointment?
    At the end of the month.  After that it will be every two weeks!  I can't believe I'm almost to 3rd tri!
    4. Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Super bad bloating and gas/back pains since last night.  I was worried that it was contractions but now I'm pretty sure it's just constipation and gas.  Eating prunes today and I feel somewhat better but not great.
    GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you?
    I'm a SAHM so Mondays I typically get up around 7 with my DD and we get ready for preschool.  After I drop her off I usually go back home and do housework/organizing.  Sometimes I have errands or appointments to go to.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Unfourtnantly this is the point that I exit. About a week and a half ago I was diagnosis with extreme preeclampsia and was forced to deliever both my babies. Being 21 weeks they were to small to survive. I'm now home resting and trying to deal with everything. I wish you all the best of luck.
  • Oh no @LOTON01 I'm so terribly sorry to hear this. My heart completely breaks for you :cry:

• I am so sorry for your loss @LOTON01. I'll keep you all in my prayers. 

Monday mornings for me are the same. Get up around 5:30am, get ready for work, leave & drop my dog off at daycare, and go to work. I work FT M-F as a secretary. I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow. I have another OB appointment Wednesday and I'll find out if I passed my glucose test. 
  • @LOTON01 I'm so very sorry for your loss!  Ts&Ps being sent your way.  

1. How far along are you?
     25w6d

2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history?  Primary male factor (DH has Klinefelters - Using donor sperm).  Secondary female factor - PCOS.  We underwent 3 years of testing/surgery, every IUI approach known to mankind and then finally IVF.  We transferred 2 embryos during that cycle (we have DS from that round!) and froze the rest (6 frosties).  Both DD and this LO are embryos from that cycle.

3. When is your next appointment?  IUGR scan next Monday followed by my GD test next Wednesday 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions:  I'm missing my lattes terribly right now.  I'm so determined to not cave this lent, but this is not proving easy.  Holy first world problems.  I'm pathetic. 

GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you?  Usually a mad rush to get the kids ready and out the door for daycare and then get myself to work in a timely manner.  I work in an office and put in about 9 hours daily onsite before heading home to cook dinner, get the kids ready for bed (bath, books, etc) and then decompress for a couple of hours before doing it all over again.
  • @LOTON01 Many prayers for you. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. 
  • 1. How far along are you? 27 weeks, 2 days

2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history? Diminished ovarian reserve, doctors said my chances of conceiving on my own were extremely low. Failed IUI in 2014, went through IVF up to egg freezing in November 2014. Froze 2 embryos (retrieved 4). Planned to transfer in April 2015, but found out in Feb 2015 I was pregnant with DD #1. She is 16 months now. We were planning on moving forward with our frozen transfer in October 2016, and found out we were pregnant with #2 in August 2016. DD #2 due May 30th (c-section date).

3. When is your next appointment? Glucose test March 13th.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions: DH and I are going on our baby moon this weekend! First trip overnight away from our daughter. 

GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you?  We get our daughter up around 7am. Do breakfast around 7:30, dishes, laundry, etc. Husband leaves for work at 8:30.
  • 1. How far along are you? 25+1

2. What is your infertility diagnosis/treatment history? unexplained. 2 recurrent miscarriages followed by 4 cycles of clomid (with every negative side effect and 1 round clomid/Letrozole but with good ovarian response. We did a mix of IUIs and times intercourse. We were about the move in to injectablea, just awaiting insurance auth so I asked to try letrozole alone for a month just to do something and ....Voila!  Baby boy is cooking!!

3. When is your next appointment? glucose test march 27th. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions: I have had an amazing pregnancy up to this point and now I feel like I'm falling apart!  My ankles looks like an elephant, my sciatic pain is really through the roof and now last week I developed gall stones (I wonder if there's a spot in the baby book for all this?). So aside from watching salt for swelling, sugar for gaining to much weight and now fat, I'm pretty much on a diet of grilled chicken and plain lettuce. Anyone have some gallbladder-friendly, salt-free, sugar-free snacks they love??  Because mama is getting hangry!!

GTKY: Since it's Monday and I'm having a creative block when it comes to questions, what does a typical Monday morning look like for you? fortunately my Mondays look different each week. Every other Monday we have my stepson so I wake up at 7am and have my decaf coffee in peace before I wake him up for school. I get him ready and on the bus and if my husband is off we usually take the day to get some projects done or run some errands. Then the opposite Mondays I am finishing up my 3rd night shift in a row so I look like a zombie sitting in northeast highway city traffic. I usually blast my 90s iPod selections and have a musical performance in my car to pull me through. Then I go home to sleep all day, usually until Bachelor comes on. So if you ever see a bouncy blonde singing her heart out to Britney Spears in front of the Philly airport around 8am on a Monday....say hi!!!  It's not a bad way to spend a Monday morning either way you slice it. 
  • @LOTON01 I'm so sorry to hear this terrible news.  Thoughts and prayers for you.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @LOTON01, I am so very sorry to read your update.  My heart breaks for you and I will be sending you lots of thoughts and prayers.  I am so incredibly sorry.

BabyFruit Ticker

• @LOTON01 I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers for your peace and healing. 
  • @LOTON01 - I am so so so very sorry.  Thinking of you, your family, and your sweet babies during this time.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mamaelle27mamaelle27 member
    edited March 2017
    @LOTON01 I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. You'll be in my prayers.
  • mkrelmkrel member
    @LOTON01 I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself. 
  • I keep coming back here to make sure I didn't just imagine your post @LOTON01. A loss is always hard, but to be so far along and a fellow IF'er to boot, there are just no words. So many tears for you strong lady :cry:

• @wifeinraleigh28 Thank you. It is extremely hard. 
  • @LOTON01 I am heartbroken for you, take time to grieve and to heal. The universe is so unfair 
  • How is everyone doing this week? Not sure if anyone else does this... but I'm constantly lurking in the IF board to see how the ladies are doing over there. I've cycled with so many of them that I feel like I need to stalk them until they all get their BFPs...

• I'm struggling with this gallbladder business. The strangest things set me off. I feel like I'm living off rabbit food. But I guess it's been better for my weight. We scheduled for the carpets to get installed in baby boys room and we scheduled maternity photos with the photographer we chose for newborn photos. It's unreal how quickly June is approaching!
  • edited March 2017
    @kmd0501 I'm sorry about the diet you have to be on, that sounds rough :( Yay for making progress with the baby's room and scheduling photos! It is crazy how fast time is passing.

DH and I are slowly ordering things we still need off our registries (that weren't purchased for our shower last weekend) and it just blows my mind how much there still is to do to get ready for this baby. And I feel like we started early on everything! I think I would love if everything could just be finished and ready to go already so that I could just relax the entire 3rd trimester :smiley: