August 2017 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 2/23

What's made you tear up this week?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 2/23

• Options
    Rewatching The Office. Michael's last two days....
  • Options
    This - https://www.wcvb.com/article/husband-posts-heartfelt-message-to-wife-carrying-baby-without-brain-to-full-term/8966151 . What an amazing woman. (Warning you probably don't want to read this if you are at work and shy about crying in front of everyone)

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^^I read that yesterday. I can't even imagine... <3 
  • Options
    I think the real question here is what hasn't made me cry this week lol! My emotions have gone haywire this week.  I cried hysterically for 30 minutes over an old dog dying on a tv show, then proceeded to hug the crap out of my dogs for 15 minutes.  DH and I are LSU (college football) fanatics.  the LSU fight song came on the radio the other day and I looked at my belly and told little one inside to get used to this song, that she's gonna bleed purple and gold.  Ensue 10 minutes of crying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @donehue oh my goodness. What an amazing story.  I have no words
  • Options
    DeansGirl14DeansGirl14 member
    edited February 2017
    Is it weird that I'm NOT emotional? I'd read that article about the mom carrying the non-viable baby. It's beautiful and honorable what she's doing; doesn't make me cry. Saw a post about award-winning birth photos- hard to see as a FTM but didn't make me cry (and baby birth stuff is historically the ONE thing that CAN make me cry; Lifetime and TLC shows about new babies just kill me). Watched the Counting On- Jinger's wedding episode (don't judge me)- I love weddings and get weepy usually- nope, no emotion. 
    With the exception of babies and weddings I've always had the British stiff upper lip but it seems I'm now even more robotic. No idea why?

ETA: the last time I cried was about 3 or 4 weeks ago watching the movie What to Expect When You're Expecting-- J.Lo's character receiving her adopted baby... waterfalls. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I think it's different for different people. I haven't full on cried except for when I watched a sad movie.  I definitely got more emotional towards the end of my 1st pregnancy.
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I was never emotional with my first two pregnancies. This time I am swinging between crying and rage - it sucks!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    I haven't felt overly emotional until this week. On Monday, DH and I were testing out strollers and he was removing the car seat from one of them to see how easy/difficult it would be (we're first time parents so this is all new). I started to bawl, and I mean ugly cry, just because he lifted the stupid thing. His reaction was really tender which made me cry even more. It was all out of the ordinary but it makes me laugh now. 
  • Options
    I was reading some articles and things about getting our toddler in a good mindset about the baby. I came across one that was talking about things to do in the hospital and read like two suggestions before I was all teary eyed thinking about DD meeting this baby and everything that goes along with that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just read the story about the book I'll love you forever. *TW For those that don't know, the authors wife had 2 stillbirths and the author wrote the book as a way to cope.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I've cried every day this week. And last. I don't even feel more emotional than normal, it's just that high emotions now equal waterworks.
  • Options
    Was on a roll...didn't cry all week then yesterday a good two hours on and off. My mother made a comment this past Monday to my 12yo after she said she wants a dog. Told her she doesn't need a dog she has a sibling on the way. My daughter told her she needs both...my mom said "you really don't need either". It hurt but I held it in. Yesterday I spoke to my mom via telephone and was joking about my benefits now vs pre-promotion where my benefits were actually better and joked I would get pregnant now. Her response was "maybe you'll use your head and protection next time". Then went on a tangent on women who think they can do it all and who aren't married aka me. I had my first kid at 19...was in an abusive relationship after a rough childhood and I did everything with just myself and my daughter. First in my family to graduate college and obtain two degrees, independent, and I've never asked my mom for anything and wouldn't. Her negativity is toxic af and it just really hurts me. I'm a grown ass woman who is now in a healthy relationship with a man and we're having a child. It just bothers me the comments she makes as if I'm not human, not already pregnant, and I'm not her daughter. So hence I cried. Lol vent over.
  • Options
    @Gia ugh. ::hug::
  • Options
  • Options
    @Gia W. That's so hurtful of your mom to say.. I would have been upset as well. Hugs to you! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Don't see a more recent one so reviving this...

Cried yesterday because SO has a really idiotic left handed mouse that makes it really difficult for me to use his computer.
    Then because I was trying to figure out the cost of a mortgage for a house we're still a few years away from buying, based on my salary from last year (i.e. not reflecting my recent raise, nor any of his salary, nor our earning potential for the next few years).
    Then because I felt poor.
    Then because SO was telling me not to cry and using logic.

I hate irrational tears.
  • Options
    @lyse01 Oh I started crying today at the cost of daycare and my husband had done our monthly finances and just I have no idea how it will work.
    DH got a new job a few months ago that he loves but the base pay is WAY lower than his last job, and commissions haven't been what they told him they would be, so he is making less than he was by a bunch- so of course I'm a mess about providing for her etc. I know people do it with less all the time, but it is still scary-and DH could get a better paying job if needed but it just makes me anxious which makes me cry. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @gia w. Ugh I'm so sorry momma. That's both infuriating and hurtful. Good for you for being in a healthy relationship and having a child with the man you love :blush:
  • Options
    @smallbutmighty77 The idea that many people have done this with less is the only sane idea I could grab onto yesterday. And that we will def have hand me downs.

I need to go visit my mom and claim furniture from her house, like the changing table/dresser I remember from my brother's room (that is, if it's not currently my dad's dresser). And do some more research on how to purchase bargains and avoid specialty baby appliances as much as possible.
  • Options
    DH made me mad because he was late picking me up from work. 
    But then he made me laugh. Which made me cry. 
  • Options
    I lost my hairbrush, 3 days ago...I recall the last time I used it and now I can't find it..wtf?! My fiancé jokingly suggested maybe I threw it out, and I'm starting to wonder if I did? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I felt the baby kick last night!

The late night slice of chocolate cake had it moving all over the place (I've been feeling fish-like movements for a few weeks) but last night I was reading and had my hand on in my pelvis. Then suddenly it felt like three pops of popcorn both inside and against my hand. A few happy tears!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was so stressed this past weekend because my dance company was having their gala show, for which rehearsals have been cancelled and recancelled due to strep and the flu, so dancers are underprepared. I (costume mistress) was still finishing outfits and completely reworking a whole set for one dance. I thought that teaching a few morning classes would be a good way to clear my head and get sweaty, but instead I was a sobbing mess of stress and hormones and my students had to lead themselves. [post-show, feeling great, everything went well, it's like I have a new lease on life]
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    During first trimester, everything seemed to make me cry.  I remember watching a documentary about Warren Buffett and crying throughout most of it; I had felt ridiculous crying so much during it, so I was glad DH was sleeping and didn't see me.  Also, commercials on TV with babies would cause me to become a sobbing mess every single time.  Then all of a sudden during second trimester, I feel like nothing can make me cry, and I am normally someone who had happy and sad tears on a regular basis pre-pregnancy.  Nothing happy or sad could make me shed a tear right now and that feels weird to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker