March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 3/6

Happy first full week of March!!
Congrats to all the mamas who've welcomed new babies! Excited to see how many LOs arrive this week!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms! 3/6

• Sitting in the OB's waiting room for a surprise appointment today since the swelling in my hands and feet never went away this weekend... Not how I wanted to spend my Monday morning. 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Loading the player...
  • SienaC said:
    Sitting in the OB's waiting room for a surprise appointment today since the swelling in my hands and feet never went away this weekend... Not how I wanted to spend my Monday morning. 
    Hope everything is okay!! 
  • Keep us posted @SienaC! Hope everything is o
  • kap1988kap1988 member
    edited March 2017
    The photographer who is doing our newborn pics emailed me today asking if I've had the baby yet.  Nope... I actually am doing fine with going past my due date.  But the pressure from everyone else is getting annoying.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oops I just saw that you created the appointments thread and this could have gone there lol @kjd291 Oh well, after waiting 45mins past my appointment time to see the Dr she determined everything was fine and I am just destined to have enormous feet and cankles until this baby comes. I'm glad nothing serious is wrong but I am also quickly running out of shoes that will fit my feet! I can't wear flip flops/sandals to work so that leaves me with just one pair of boots! 

• Haha @vino831 I totally did!! I didn't know about the giraffe craze until this past weekend! Haha
  • @vino831 yes! I told my friends I'dive stream for them if I went past my due date
  • @vino831 yes! I had 4 separate people send that to me this weekend! I was induced on Thursday, and all week leading up to my induction  (and Thursday and Friday during my induction) I was getting messages, comments, and texts comparing me to a giraffe, taking bets on who would deliver first, and asking me to live stream my labor and delivery. 
  • MMaruMMaru member
    I am having the hardest time motivating myself to give a crap about work right now.  I work an overnight job where my primary duties are just filing and cleaning, nothing terribly taxing, and yet... I am having the hardest time caring enough to do even the basic stuff.  I've got just a couple weeks left before leave, and have been planning on looking for another job after my leave is up, but trying to remind myself that I have a strong work ethic and will not just slack off for the next two weeks... ugh...
  • I just had a spinach and cheese breakfast burrito with all the hot sauces and it was absolutely magical. I've been having a smoothie and yogurt every morning for breakfast and I feel like I just went on a little breakfast vacation. 
  • @MMaru I'm having the same problem. My give a damn about work is so busted. I'm trying to stay focused but at this point I just don't care. 
    Me: 24 DH: 27
    High School Sweethearts: 10/13/06
    Married: 10/13/13
    Baby #1 EDD: 3/20/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That sounds DELICIOUS @jenny0228
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD slept in her bassinet all night! (I obviously still fed her lol) this probably isn't a big deal for most people but my son literally never did this once in his entire life. For nine months he was attached to my boob or sleeping with me bc of his reflux and not for one night was I able to lay him on his back. He finally transitioned to the crib after the nine months. It was such a surreal thing to be able to swaddle her, feed her, burp her and put her down. I didn't believe such a thing actually was possible! Ok I'm done lol
    Right?? Teach me your magic. My son slept fine by himself the firs couple of weeks before I started needing to cosleep. But baby girl is roving more opinionated. Lol, I just want to spend an hour lying flat on my back!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina isn't it crazy how they come out so opinionated?! 

@kjd291 that gif is perfect haha.. yes I'm praying she is a good sleeper. I'm afraid to get my hopes up. I hope her birthday buddy joins her in sleep success!
  • Can anyone suggest ways to deal with the boredom that innevitably comes from waiting for the baby? I'm now 6 days past my due date. I'm supposed to be doing my taxes this afternoon, but aside from that I completely ran out of productive things to do before having the baby. My house is clean, thank you notes for the baby shower are done, the baby's room is as put together as possible, there's no room in the freezer for me to cook and freeze meals, all the laundry is done, my books have all been read, and I've run out of movies to watch. I don't think it would be smart for me to be crawling around under my car trying to get it running at the present time, so I'm out of projects until the baby comes. Can someone please suggest something dirt cheap, fun, and time consuming that I could do?
  • @ShannonJ96 gosh I WISH I had that problem lol I seem to always have things on my to do list, despite crossing off so many of them recently I always find new things to add on to it! Are there any areas of interest you could find documentaries/books/articles on to learn more about? Arts & crafts type of projects like painting or coloring? Maybe making/donating things that could be useful to a local shelter or finding what programs are offered at your library or some prenatal yoga videos online to help prepare for labor? Back up your computer? Pinterest? If you'd like I can give you some of my homework for school to help me out on lol ;) j/k maybe it's a sign though that since you'll be out of things to do that baby's gonna come very soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ShannonJ96
    Does your email inbox need sorting? Have you compared insurance rates for your car lately, esp if you're about to move? 
    I'm going to teach myself to crochet when I get to your point. I figure I can do hats and things for baby and see if I like it enough to keep up with it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ShannonJ96 you're welcome to start doing my taxes :-)
  • While I feel nuts for trying to move when baby is due in 10 days (we don't actually move until month end) I feel so accomplished today getting everything in order! DH is being so helpful and just ticking things off the list before he goes off to work today! 

I still have no motivation to pack up our place though :( still get sad every time I walk into the nursery that we spent so much time working on to make perfect for our first child... so many emotions!
  • @ShannonJ96 I taught myself how to crochet with youtube videos and started making baby hats, booties, and blankets.  It is fairly inexpensive and fun, plus I can actually use the stuff I make when baby finally arrives!

• @ShannonJ96 Have you started a baby book yet? There's lots of books where you can write about your pregnancy, attach pregnancy photos etc. 
  • @ShannonJ96 I'm having the same problem. In the last couple days I've done some spring cleaming type things that I never get to like clean out the fridge, organize the spices, clean spider webs out of the corners, and washed curtains. I think today I'm going to start a puzzle and see if that keeps me occupied. The waiting is getting so old. I'm not that uncomfortable. Just so bored that all I do is dwell on the impending pain lol

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • had a FTM experience today. First explosive diaper blowout, which got on everything and the umbical cord fell off which was weird.
  • Congratulations @disneybaby84 lol was it a give up and chuck it all kind of blowout? 

@Cbeanz scary thing is some people probably do! Lol
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox I was holding him, it occurred to me to channge diaper.  Put him on changing mat, started to take off clothes, discovered poop on clothes, when the clothes were off, poop was on his back. 
  • Cbeanz said:
    "Do you want to scrapbook this?" asked My husband, holding up the umbilical cord raisin after it fell off DD1

@disneybaby84
    My husband didn't let me throw my son's away. I had to wait and do it in secret. Yuck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My MIL saved her kids' umbilical cords. My DH doesn't think its weird...
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I've never heard of ppl saving them! Ew! I HAVE heard of asking to save the little yellow clips that they have on them in the hospital... that seems like a more reasonable choice of keepsake. 
  • @korpisar haha! No worries mama! In your defense... most parents save teeth and hair and stuff-so why not? Also-when you say it's saved in a little sealed container it sounds a lot better then the picture I get in my head about it like sitting glued to a scrapbook page ;p haha