February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (2/20)

Re: Weekly Randoms (2/20)

• @kswiger06 LOL! I'm so sorry! Yes, there are some suspenseful/jumpy moments. Sorry we didn't warn you!!

I'm glad you didn't spill any milk. Hope this makes up for it :-)

• Lol @gretchypoo so far I haven't seen them shirtless on the show so the gifs help  ;)  but I honestly didn't know what to expect from the show so I jumped haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We just lost power for the 4th time in 2 days. That's super fun when your heat and stove are electric and you have a 1 week old...
  • @jlellis603 do you have family or somewhere to temporarily stay that isn't being a affected with power outage? That's crummy, I hope you guys stay warm and it gets fixed for real.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 luckily it's only been out for a few hours at a time. It's wicked windy and it's been knocking down trees left and right I guess. But I think the worst of the wind is done with thankfully.

Lady bits question: for those who had a few stitches and/or a slot of swelling, how long did your lady bits hurt for? Mine just started hurting a little more the last couple days and I assume my stitches are working their way out? It feels bruised like I got kicked down there. I don't know if it matters but after delivery I was wicked swollen , so much so that I couldn't pee and they had to put a catheter in. 
  • @jlellis603 I had stitches but I don't think I was as swollen as your describing yourself... but for me I was sore then it eased up, but then would get irritated for a day or two every few days. I also got itchy though, and I had assumed it was from my stitches coming loose. The weird feeling I occasionally still feel, I think is just from dryness down there. But for me around 3 weeks, I didn't feel paranoid of any pain so I guess the soreness went away between 2 and 3 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg @kswiger06! I'm sorry for your poor nips, but I'm glad you started supernatural!

The first season is a bit slow to start and then it really picks up in season 2. 

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Lol @WinchesterGirl you're funny! I'm one of those people who have to finish something once I commit, (movies, books, TV shows) so I'll be watching every episode and will end up seeing all your gifs in the shows and say hey I saw that clip!! Haha... also YGPM
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! Yeah @kswiger06 mine seems to be a couple of days where it comes back and I anticipate it coming and going like this. @NiceyMeany that sounds pretty much exactly what I'm feeling. I had so much swelling that it was numb for a few days and now I'm starting to feel the pain. And it feels bruised and uncomfortable like my pants are too tight. I also am starting to get itchy. Well at least I know it's normal for 8 days PP
  • @jlellis603 I had a 3rd degree tear and was SUPER swollen for a few days after baby was born. Once the swelling went down, I noticed the pain around the stitches more. +1 to staying on top of pain meds - my MW had me alternating ibuprofen and Tylenol every three hours, and I did that for at least a week and a half. Now, almost 3 weeks PP, the stitches don't bother me too much, though I have this sore, kind of burning feeling, especially when I pee. The MW said that I probably have micro-tears that are causing irritation, but that will go away with time. I take two 10-15 minute soaks in the tub every day with Epsom salt, per my MW's instruction... the moisture is supposed to help with healing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin ouch!! That sounds not fun. Did you take any heavier pain meds at all? They offered but I didn't need them then. I guess I haven't been great about taking the pain meds and have only been taking Tylenol since I haven't bought ibuprofen in 9 months. I was sooooo swollen right fter delivery until the day after u came home. And we only have a shower so I can't even soak in the tub :(. I plan to call my OB in the morning and see what they say because it's becoming unbareable 
  • MrsDramaKMrsDramaK member
    edited March 2017
    @jlellis603 I had an episiotomy cause DDs cord was wrapped around her neck so I had a ton of swelling.  Yes I feel like I got donkey kicked in the vagina.  Tucks wipes every time I use the bathroom and dermoplast spray are my saviors.  Also I'm 17 days PP and it has definitely been itchy as the stitches heal.  Also I made sure I take 800 mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours and three colace a day.

Edit cause I said Tylenol instead of ibuprofen.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603 ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and will be more helpful with this pain than Tylenol. My mom is an anesthetist and she always says that Tylenol is the most expensive placebo in history. Get the ibuprofen now!!
  • I know I have to get to the drug store! I need advil and I'm out of tucks pads. But the dermaplast isn't doing anything for me. I just don't know what is too much pain and what is normal! Should I stick it out or call my OB? By the end of the day it is unbareable. Thank is for the tips ladies!
  • I know I have to get to the drug store! I need advil and I'm out of tucks pads. But the dermaplast isn't doing anything for me. I just don't know what is too much pain and what is normal! Should I stick it out or call my OB? By the end of the day it is unbareable. Thank is for the tips ladies!
    I'd call the doc if it gets that bad. You can prob get a scrip for something stronger -- mine gave me Percocet after DS1. 
  • I'd definitely call @jlellis603. My stitches have gotten quite sore but even on Day 1 were never unbearable. 
  • I'll give them a call after I shower, just in case they want me to go in haha. Also, please excuse all of my typos. I have a new phone and the keyboard thing is weird and giant
  • I went in to have my stitches checked and everything looked good. I guess they are just in a very sensitive place.

In other news, theVNA that came to our house said that once you have hemrroides, you have them for life. Ive never had them before so I had no idea.... That sounds completely awful. Do they hurt forever? I can't even walk or sit down today because of the one I have. I realize this is the dumbest of dumb questions but I know nothing about them. 
  • @jlellis603 you will have "flare ups" but, no, you will not always be in this much pain. Lots of fiber, baths and try not to strain when going to the bathroom! If they stay bad, there are other things your dr can do to treat them beyond topical creams.
  • @jlellis603 you will have "flare ups" but, no, you will not always be in this much pain. Lots of fiber, baths and try not to strain when going to the bathroom! If they stay bad, there are other things your dr can do to treat them beyond topical creams.
    Oh good! So I won't always have this thing in my butthole? Haha. I've read that they can do surgery or a little rubber band trick to get rid of them. I'm hoping it won't come to that. We don't have a tub at our current house :'( but I am hoping my fiber and water and taking Colace so hopefully those help 
    Oh good! So I won't always have this thing in my butthole? Haha. I've read that they can do surgery or a little rubber band trick to get rid of them. I'm hoping it won't come to that. We don't have a tub at our current house :'( but I am hoping my fiber and water and taking Colace so hopefully those help 
    Mine have only ever bothered me when pregnant. 
  • Yes, sorry to say they don't really go away. Mine only bothered me pregnant or if I was ever really constipated and straining.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is so painful. I can't sit, stand, or lie down and find relief. It just started bothering me a day or so ago after being so backed up I had to try to go, now I'm paying for it and I can't get it to feel better
  • My sister in law sent this to me the day after Austin was born. I forgot about it until just now. I know it won't be everybody's thing, but I thought it was cute, it definitely had my emotional self in tears though.

https://youtu.be/M50IyNzQoOM

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Okay so for those of you who were also sooooo lucky to get some stretch marks - how long until they stop being red? I didn't get any until after delivery and they are all around my belly button , right in the middle of my stomach and hard to hide :/
  • I'm extremely tired today. I want all the caffeine.
  • I'm tired today also. I've realized that even an hour nap during the day makes a huge difference for me. If I skip too many days of napping, I have crash days where I can't wake up and get moving no matter what. Today is my crash day, I did get lucky though, and just got up from an almost 2 hour nap.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603 I don't have an answer for you bc I'm a FTM but I just wanted to say I'm in the same boat. Didn't have any stretch marks (besides my boobs) until after delivery and they are all around my belly button and red! 

I hope they fade some but if not oh well I guess I'll just have to rock the Mom body. I've always really struggled with my body image and oddly enough I'm happier with it as it is now flabby and recovering than I was in pretty good shape on my wedding day. I guess I'm just in awe it was able to do what it did and still is doing in terms of breast feeding. I still plan on trying to get into shape when I'm cleared to exercise but it's more about the health aspect now than the scale number and flat stomach. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @jlellis603 I don't know about when they go away, but I've had them on my butt since the first trimester and I think they've only gotten redder since giving birth. Yay
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jlellis603 I'm with you! I have them on my butt, love handles and all over my stomach. I used to use Bio-Oil on puberty stretch marks years ago so I may try that again. Currently in no rush though since I at least know they won't be getting any worse than they already are!
  • Stretch marks suck, in conclusion. And I'm not going to lie to myself and say I'll embrace my "tiger stripes" because I birthed a human. They make me self concious. Ive seen that Vicks can help reduce them if you apply it at night and Saran wrap your stomach... Which is weird but I might try it with my bellefit. If not I might buy some fancy shmancy cream. Sigh. I feel like this is a silly thing to worry about but again, it's making me self concious
  • Stretch marks suck, in conclusion. And I'm not going to lie to myself and say I'll embrace my "tiger stripes" because I birthed a human. They make me self concious. Ive seen that Vicks can help reduce them if you apply it at night and Saran wrap your stomach... Which is weird but I might try it with my bellefit. If not I might buy some fancy shmancy cream. Sigh. I feel like this is a silly thing to worry about but again, it's making me self concious
    Do not saran wrap your stomach and go to bed! It causes you to sweat and can quickly dehydrate you and trap the sweat in. That is really dangerous. Stretch marks are not worthmaking yourself really sick.
  • Ahhh yeah I kind of thought that too! I remember hearing something similar. I might just try my Bellefit at night which I feel like is okay since they tell you to wear it like 20 hours a day haha. Thanks for the heads up! 
  • Kim Kardashian just gets her stretch marks lasered off. I wish I was rich. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll keep all my (many, many) stretch marks if I can get my pot belly to go away. I think I have diastasis recti-looking forward to getting more info at my appointment next week.