July 2017 Moms

What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

LuLiLaEvLuLiLaEv member
edited March 2017 in July 2017 Moms

We only had really old threads and I like reading what you all are eating! Sometimes you all encourage me to eat healthier and sometimes I give in to my bad cravings!  :#

If we have a lot of comments, we can do a weekly/monthly, if not we'll let it fall down the page...

Re: What I'm Eating/Craving 3/6

• @glitterfish Your talk of Taco Bell made me crave it! I hadn't eaten there in over a year at least, when I told my coworkers I had it and it was delicious they were all gagging and saying no one says that about Taco Bell! But man, was it good!

I've also been craving fruit like crazy, so I started making my own parfaits for breakfast. SO good!

Weird things are fruit popsicles I have one like every night and Kruncher's Dill Pickle potato chips. ONLY Krunchers!

• Loading the player...
  • Crab cakes, crab dips, crab anything ... 
    Corn, 
    baked goods (cakes, blueberry muffins etc)

im also craving Karela (bitter gourd) but can't find it anywhere !! 
  • I ate mangoes for an entire week about a week ago and I thought that satisfied my craving but I find myself thinking about them again... they're hard to find this time of year and they were kinda pricey but once again it's all I can think of! 

I was really angry with my husband yesterday because I had some left over cookie dough that I planned to bake while he was out (and then eat them before he got back lol) but to my dismay I found out he threw it out "accidentally" when he was cleaning out the fridge the other day. i guess that's what I get for wanting to be selfish, haha!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• EAT ALL THE CHEETO PUFFS!

I finally bought a ginormous bag at Sam's Club because I can't seem to keep them in the house.  I try to take them to work, but my coworkers eat them too and I can't make them last as long as I'd like.  :(

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anything and everything spicy, especially hot peppers. I could eat pickled banana peppers and pepperoncinis straight out of the jar. I put hot sauce on everything. I also love anything salty but I've never been a big fan of sweets, even pre-pregnancy. 
    Also since it's Lenten season, I've been wanting to eat fried fish any way I can get it. I don't give up meat for lent, but there are so many churches who have amazing fried fish this time of year, I can't help but give in every week. 
  • I'm craving craisins at the moment, but that's pretty typical for me. Been eating a lot of mac and cheese, and loving myself for making frozen chocolate PB balls. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Strawberries! I had about 10 at an event the other week and am planning on getting more when I head to the grocery store. Also tart soft serve yogurt (like Pinkberry). I might need to get some of that later.
  • Yesterday I was starving, I could not stop eating. Today I want nothing. Absolutely nothing. 
  • @MrsLa3 That's been me since 14 weeks. Some days I'm starving and eating all the food, other days I want no part of it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I still have days where I want to eat everything, and then the next I eat nothing. I'm craving hot sauce on everything, watermelon and strawberries, spaghetti-os, spicy potato soft tacos from Taco Bell, and tomatoes. I also want big salads, but they have to be really fresh and lots of ranch. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • I've been so hit-or-miss all pregnancy thus far.  Lunch is when I feel the most normal.  I just had a yummy chicken, bacon cheddar wrap with honey mustard for lunch, and I liked it so much I want another.
  • edited March 2017
    Mine changes (although thankfully not as much as during 1st Tri) but lately it's either puffcorn or sour cream and onion chips dipped in french onion dip....

I try healthy things but they don't satisfy what I am craving (but I do make sure I eat fruits and veggies with my meals).

Edit = spelling is hard today
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• This is a very dangerous thread.... a friend mentioned Gyros in passing to me the other day, and I could not stop obsessing about getting one. Now it's all I want, every day for lunch and dinner. I've had a gyro for 4 days straight. 

So yeah...even a slight mention of a food could cause a deep obsession for me! Dangerous! 
  • @yellow1daisy  I really wanted some yesterday! Now I'm going to try making me own today ... lurve kettle corn
  • This is a very dangerous thread.... a friend mentioned Gyros in passing to me the other day, and I could not stop obsessing about getting one. Now it's all I want, every day for lunch and dinner. I've had a gyro for 4 days straight. 

So yeah...even a slight mention of a food could cause a deep obsession for me! Dangerous! 
    Gyros sound amazing!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just had a healthy lunch with veggies and hummus and yogurt and fruit, so I could feel ok diving into my bag of Cadbury mini-eggs. Balance, ladies  B)
  • @mslynn2012 Your craving is hella healthy. I wish. 
    @MrsLa3 I have the same problem with wanting to eat everything one day and nothing the next. I think I overdo it so then I am not so hungry the following day.

Today is an eating day for me. I have been craving fruit often so I am making smoothies in the morning. DH also got me a VitaMix for my bday and I think I am just looking for any excuse to use it. The thing is AMAZING. 

I am also undoing anything healthy bc I have been a monster for chocolate chip cookies. I eat one just about everyday (the big ones from Pret that are warm. SOoooooOOO good. There is also a Bouchon bakery by my work and they have amazing cookies too. It's so hard to resist! So I don't).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, everything. MIL has a turkey in her freezer that I've legit considered cooking a couple of times the last few days. I did have KFC for lunch and that satisfied my mashed potatoes craving for now.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• cssme13 said:
    I want Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, everything. MIL has a turkey in her freezer that I've legit considered cooking a couple of times the last few days. I did have KFC for lunch and that satisfied my mashed potatoes craving for now.
    Famous bowl.

Image result for drooling gif

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cssme13 said:
    I want Thanksgiving dinner, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, everything. MIL has a turkey in her freezer that I've legit considered cooking a couple of times the last few days. I did have KFC for lunch and that satisfied my mashed potatoes craving for now.
    @cssme13 OMG! KFC sounds SO good!!
  • cssme13 said:
    Great, now I want KFC mashed potatoes and gravy! :blush:
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• My sweet tooth has faded but hello meat anything! That to 100% opposite of my last pregnancy with DS, too. Fruit and salty stuff and chocolate!! Don't forget cake! Wow I could eat a whole sheet cake to myself right now. 
  • After a not so great morning of DS crying for the first time at preschool drop off and having to go to BJ'S for only a few things and my twins having meltdowns, I treated myself to a taco bell double crunch wrap box with a cherry Pepsi at 11am. It was amazing and my day has only gotten better.  Otherwise mostly craving fruit and ice pops. I'm not always hungry for anything particular but will want something crunchy or spicy ect.

A gyro with super crunchy fries and yogurt sauce to dip them in sounds amazing.
  • @munchkinsmama How was the double crunch wrap?  I've seen so many commercials lately, that I'm considering getting that instead of my usual order (crunchy taco supreme and a pintos and cheese).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been craving Chipotle! This child is definitely half my husband's. 
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @PurplePumpernickel Cadbury mini eggs are normally my ultimate favorite. DH got me a huge bag of them for my bday. The first time I had a few I got immediate heartburn and I was soooo sad. 
  • @CPR79 that is SO SAD! Put them in a drawer and take them out when you give birth :smiley:
  • Still eating all the buffalo chicken everything.  Wraps are my preference but any buffalo chicken will do.  The craving has hung on for months so I don't see it ending any time soon.
  • @abmommy15 I had the buffalo chicken craving for the first few months. It since went away, but the other night DH ordered boneless wings and I ate a bunch (they were delicious), and the WORST heartburn of my life followed.
    The acid was coming up in the middle of the night and waking me in my sleep. I don't think I can eat anymore buffalo chicken, which makes me really sad bc it tastes amazing but it's not worth the pain. Have a wrap for me please!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm eating bland toast and vegetables plus Tums and Zantac  :s wicked reflux and gallbladder attacks have killed my ability to eat like a pregnant lady. Booooooo.
  • I've mainly been craving fruit this pregnancy!! Blueberries, strawberries, blood oranges, banannas.    It's a really nice change from my last pregnancy where I craved nothing but sweets!
  • Sorry I'm not sorry for making everyone want mashed potatoes ;) now I'm making biscuits and sausage gravy with eggs and I cannot wait to smother my eggs in gravy. I wish I had more energy and will to cook because I'm craving some serious meat and potatoes cooking, maybe I'll call my grandma haha.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @maybeitsmadeline it was amazing, I'm not a huge meat person so I sub in beans. And I was loving the extra nacho cheese!