November 2017 Moms

Pregnant girl confessions

baker1jm2baker1jm2 member
edited March 2017 in November 2017 Moms
I have 2...totally cried when my husband finished the chocolate milk last night.  And I may or may not have slightly over exaggerated nausea so I could hide out upstairs while he dealt with our irrational toddler.  #sorrynotsorry. What are your confessions?

Re: Pregnant girl confessions

• Loading the player...
  • @Tourmalily I'm very happy to hear that, because it makes me feel less crazy. I took two tests yesterday just in case the FMU was a fluke. I took another around 5 pm that made me feel muuuuch better. Glad I'm not the only one!

• @baker1jm2 I feel ya! My son is 18 months and all weekend I laid on the couch and milked the whole miserable and pregnant thing! 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge we already told my parents too! So fun! Will this be their first grandchild?
  • @heatherdubrow yes! It's the first grandchild on both sides so they're all pretty pleased :) My mom apparently had a few dreams recently where I told her I was pregnant

• @DuchessOfCambridge that's awesome! And keep peeing on sticks if it gives you peace of mind!
  • I am also addicted to POAS.  I've learned to hide it because DH keeps asking why I'm coming home with them every day.  I have a huge plastic bag of used pregancy tests on the back of my toilet because I can't bring myself to throw them away.
  • kschref said:
    My husband does the trash on Monday nights.  When he came to bed he said, "Don't worry, I left all your tests on the counter."  He gets me.

True love.

Also, I too have pics on my phone, and still have my digi sitting on the bathroom counter.  I did put it in the trash last night.  Then dug it right back out this morning!!!  I just can't let it go yet.  This journey has been difficult with so many friend announcing this past year while we've been TTC, and  I don't think I'll give it up until I have my first US pic.  
    Anniversary

TTC: 3/23/2013, BFP: 2/28/2014, EDD: 11/6/2014, ADD: 11/7/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC: 2/1/2016, BFP: 3/4/2017, EDD: 11/11/2017, No HB @ 8 weeks, MC: 4/8/2017
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: 5/24/2017, BFP: 4/14/2018, EDD: 12/22/2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ordered my first baby-related item today. It was a Detroit Tigers maternity shirt that says "future Tigers fan" since we're doing our announcement photo at a Tigers Spring Training game. 

We waited until after our first US with DS to buy anything and now the superstitious part of me has had the anxiety level cranked up ever since. I feel like I jinxed myself. 
  • I totally just started crying during an active shooter training at work. Luckily I was sitting in the back. 

I am also eating all the food today. @adirat I ended up eating the sandwich (plus some), it was delicious. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was only sheer willpower to not ruin my eyeliner that kept me from crying while I made my son's lunch because it smelled really good and I used to love it before I went gluten free.

• @ArtificialRed I'm mostly gluten free (with the occasional cheat!) do you have celiac? I tested negative for it but still just feel better not eating gluten
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    I am POAS and temping. I will probably keep temping for most of my first tri. 

I confess that I did very little work today between sheer exhaustion and playing phone tag with doctors throughout the day. I just kept stuffing my face all day to keep myself going. Luckily all I had was fruits, salad, and water. I gained way too fast last time!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @heatherdubrow I have hashimotos (the autoimmune disease that attacks your thyroid and makes you hypothyroid). It's recommended by a lot of the more holistic doctors to go gf. I lowered my antibodies (not to the normal range, but still much lower), was easily able to keep my weight down, and also cleared up some nasty brain fog by going gf. I never cheat because I'm terrified of remembering how good it is and it becoming a trend for me. I went vegan really slowly and still have trouble saying no to Reese's cups, so I know my willpower is best if I don't test it lol

Sorry, that was kind of a novel. 

• @ArtificialRed that makes total sense! I find my pcos is much better when I'm gf.
  • So glad to know I'm not alone with my POAS addiction. The struggle is real! During my last pregnancy I had Crazy strong craving. I never eat fast food but for about a month Wendys home style chicken sandwich was all I could think about eating. I haven't had one for over two years when I was last pregnant... Until today.... Mentally I justified eating this fast food by blaming it on the pregnancy. Honestly though, I have no cravings or aversions right now. I feel totally normal. I just wanted an excuse to eat Wendy's..... 
  • @cnf2013 I have all of mine too. Labeled with the date and time of day. Still have the ones from my first two pregnancies too. :innocent:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @NYTino24    I also confess that I also have done remarkably little at work for the past couple days. It's not an especially busy time for us anyway, but either way my productivity is definitely lower than usual. Haha...oops. 
  • I am also peeing on a stick every morning - have them all taped together and labeled...sshhh...
    Me: 28 DW: 23
    Dating: 10/23/2013
    Married: 6/13/2014
    TTC since June 2016
    BFP #1: 3/2/17 - MC 5/22/17

• I've managed to skip a day or two for poas, but I found out last night that I have one of those magical brands of internet cheapies that the test line can get darker than the control.. so naturally I had to use another this morning because that made me really, really happy. (Mine are also taped to an index card and labeled)