TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check In Week of 3/6

Let's get this board movin a bit...

1.) Intro/ Re Intro:

2.) Status:

3.: Rants/Raves:

4.) GTKY: Besides The Bump, where else do you spend time on the internet? (websites, blogs you read, pinterest, Facebook etc.)
**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: TTCAL Check In Week of 3/6

• 1. I'm Laura, have 2 girls age 6 and 3 and now 2 second tri miscarriages in a row (a year ago and a month ago). 

2. Waiting to O but NTNP. I'm on CD 7 and my FW usually starts around CD 8, so close. We are in the 'I'm not going to make you put on a condom - its on you stage'

3. Just dealing with v. sick father in law. We got a phone call at 3:30 am and my husband rushed to his parents house (a few blocks away) to help out and now this morning FIL was taken via ambulance to hospital. ugh. DH and I are supposed to go to Las Vegas this weekend to celebrate his bday and for his sake - I hope it happens (last year my 2nd D&C for my 1st loss occurred on the day after his bday)

4. Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • 1. Not new. Tara, two girls and a second tri loss. 

2. Don't even know. I haven't yet gotten a period post D&C. I called my doctor this morning and am waiting for a return call. 

3. I have a group of friends from The Knot; we left TK after our weddings and started our own message board. Otherwise Facebook and Insta. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @BelhurstBride - hope you get answers soon. Did you have a post-op appt with an ultrasound? 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @ladipale, I had a post-op, but no u/s. I was having u/s every two weeks during the pregnancy so I was okay with not going for another one. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladipale - Im sorry about your FIL - hope he makes a quick recovery.
    @BelhurstBride _ im sorry you are still waiting for AF.

1.) Not new mmc in March 2016 and another in August 2016.

2.) Today is the anniversary of my first loss. I don't really feel sad - just kind of surreal that it has been a year already. I just feel like so much time has gone past and I can't believe I am still TTC. Trying to remain hopeful but its definitely hard.

3.) O day!!

4.) Facebook, instagram, pinterest.
  • SP128SP128 member
    edited March 2017
    @ladipale  Sorry to hear about your FIL.  I hope you guys get to go on your trip to Vegas.  

@BelhurstBride  Hope AF comes soon. 

@TScalei  I agree that things seem surreal.  Time passes by so much faster when TTCAL I feel.  

1)  Not new.  MMC 10/2016

2) 6 DPO

3)  SS like crazy.  This cycle was the best timing we have had so far.  We hit every single day.  So we will see.  Going to do HPT starting on 3/10 (10DPO) because I have a consult with RE on 3/16.  I'm hoping that if it is pos on 3/10, I can sneak in for a beta and I will hear back on Monday.  Wishful thinking..... Ugh.

4)  I love me some Facestalk.  I am on it all the time, but I rarely post.  I like pinterest too.  It's a black hole that I fall in sometimes.

Edit:  Question:  Do you guys change your exercise routines during TWW?  Same? Lower intensity?   
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @TScalei I'm sorry for your anniversary. GL for O day and GL this cycle @SP128 !

1. Not new. Here kickin' back, feet up like I belong ;-) 
    2. WTO CD11.
    3. We BD last night with plans for Wed and over the weekend when we're in NM but I'm petrified of DH's skin problem that kept us out of FW last month. (TMI, sorry) it was a little red last night but no broken skin, thank goodness. 
    4. realclearpolitics.com and nextdoor.com (especially for my neighborhod crime stats).
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • 1.) Intro/ Re Intro: Hi - MMC 12/15/16 - Natural MC 1/2/17

2.) Status: Waiting to O.  Just finished 2nd period after Miscarraige

3.: Rants/Raves:  Is it bad that I'm thinking that if we get pregnant this cycle we'll end up with a December baby and I'm not sure I want a December baby?  But I would love to have a baby regardless of whatever month it is!

4.) GTKY: Besides The Bump, where else do you spend time on the internet? (websites, blogs you read, pinterest, Facebook etc.)   Facebook.

Baby #1: BFP on 10/12/2011, EDD 6/24/2012 Born: 6/16/2012 Boy!

Baby #2: BFP on 11/11/2016, EDD 7/25/2017 - MC 1/2/2017

• @ladipale - we are cycle buddies!  I'm on CD 7 too.  :)

• @hdaley - your feelings about december baby are valid - is it because thats when you found out about MC? or because its december and thats just insane? Either way - of course we all know you'd rather have a baby then not

@TScalei - I also just passed anniversary. It was so hard. my first MMC was found 2/26/16 with D&Cs on 3/1/16 and 3/10/16. I can't believe I'm back in the same spot I was a year ago. Its really hard.... 

@SP128 - nope, I do not alter my exercise in the TWW - and I am intense! I do Orange theory, and 3 days before my last BFP I worked out really hard! 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited March 2017
    1.) Intro/ Re Intro: Not new, but not super regular. Personal details in siggy. CP in December at 4.5 weeks.

2.) Status:

TWW, 4 DPO maybe, IDK...my temps and chart are all screwed up this cycle. It moved O from CD 11 to CD 9 after a huge temp drop today. So just waiting it out.

3.: Rants/Raves:
    Like hdaley I am thinking about a due date. I would be due on Thanksgiving if we are successful this cycle. Part of me would very excited to have a BFP and potential take home baby. The other part is sad if they were born on that date. It would suck to share a holiday with your birthday...but then I would have an awesome thing to be very thankful for!!! (cheesy, I know)

Also, if cycles stay the same with O, the next potential due date would be Christmas Eve...

4.) GTKY: Besides The Bump, where else do you spend time on the internet? (websites, blogs you read, pinterest, Facebook etc.)

Facebook and a few money blogs I read.
  • 1.) Intro/ Re Intro: not new, but not active. Lurker mostly. 

2.) Status: wto, 1 dpo, who knows honestly. 

3.: Rants/Raves: I'm getting frustrated with my bbt thermometer and opks. I think I'll get a new thermometer! Going to my dr on Thursday for my annual. Going to talk about ttc etc with her. I love her! 

facebook, LulaRoe Facebook pages lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• @ladipale I hope your FIL is ok!  Since I had to cancel my Texas trip in the Fall because of my loss I always buy trip insurance now.

@BelhurstBride Waiting for AF sucks.  You can't even stare at Fertility Friend and calculate anything.

@TScalei So sorry for the sad day.  Give pup extra hugs!

@SP128 FX for you.  

@amberruka Think positive.  Hope it works out!

@dragonfly87 & @hdaley Winter babies means right when the weather is getting warm they are ready to go outside!  

@katekate628 I hate my thermometer.  Sometimes it takes 30 seconds and other times I feel like I am waiting for 5 minutes. 

AFM

Not new. CP 8/16. Ectopic 9/23/16. CP last cycle. Typing that feels horrendous. I def had a shitty run of luck. 

Waiting to O.  Hoping sometime this week.

Rave- My principal is getting her gallbladder removed and will be out 8 days.  She is a bit of a Hitler so we are all relieved for a relaxing week while she is out.  I plan to sneak out early a few days.

I Instagram.  Also love Jezebel.  And, I take part in an online horror forum.  I am a movie nerd. 

@SP128 I worked out heavily the cycle I had my CP and now I am paranoid that had something to do with the loss.  When we start trying again I plan to refrain from hardocre cardio and focus on strength and mobility. (I doubt that your workout regimen really affects things though. Peace of mind means a lot though!)
  • @justsuzie- we do too bc of FiL actually. He has cancer so it's just been a time bomb. I don't think we got insurance for this trip bc it was planned so last minute. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • @ladipale SO sorry for you.  That sucks.  Hopefully bad luck balances out to some good luck for you and your partner. 

• 1.) Intro/ Re Intro: Jenn. Not new ****tw-lc*****i have one son he is 18months.  MC in august at 10 weeks.  We've been trying since and I'm 41 so not a lot of time on my hands

2.) Status:  waiting for AF then will start IUI process

3.: Rants/Raves: excited to start IUI process and keeping FX that it works

4.) GTKY: Besides The Bump, where else do you spend time on the internet? (websites, blogs you read, pinterest, Facebook etc.) Pinterest is really the only thing. 
  • 1. Semi-new?  Haven't posted in this particular thread yet.  I've had one loss in January at 11 weeks.  I found out at the ER and then it happened naturally at home. 

2. I am either 8 or 9 DPO. I'm not 100% sure. I don't use OPKs and my two apps don't agree. I hope I'm 8 because that would make our timing better (still not great, though). SS like crazy!

3.  I'm having a lot of anxiety this 2WW, second guessing everything I do.  I miss being able to not worry about every little thing.  

4. Facebook and Instagram, mostly.  Although FB is not always the healthiest place post-loss.  There was one video in particular several people shared that really got to me this past weekend...it was basically two women complaining about "mom problems" I would love to have.  It was supposed to be funny but it just made me mad.  Argh. 

@SP128 I have thought a lot about exercise but I don't know what the answer is.  I am still running and lifting but nowhere near the distance or weight I was doing before, slower and with more walk breaks.  I'm signed up for a half marathon in April but will likely defer the registration until next year (signed up almost a year ago). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @liz4382 so sorry for your loss. I know all about anxiety & hope it eases up for you soon. I took a break from FB after my loss and unfollowed a lot of people & pages. Hugs! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• @justsuzie- I hope luck balances. Hard to think that way bc we've had such a tough year. Two losses, a month after the first my grandfather passed away and then in July FIL diagnosed and it's been a whirl wind since then. Pregnancy, FIL had bad surgery, then our 2nd loss. 
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • 1 - very early loss end of December - I can't believe it's almost been 3 months already.

2 - WTO - CD1 hooray (sarcasm)

3- allergies are killing me today and we had a tornado warning tonight but no damage by our hood.  I'm already over this early spring stuff.  My rave for the day - my nurse called and convinced me to call a compounding pharmacy for P suppositories near our home.  I was expecting it to be the $400 price walmart gave me for a brand not covered by my insurance but instead I was pleasantly surprised by the $2.14 per pill price and no pre authorization needed!  Now I'm just hoping it doesn't give me any side effects like the oral ones did.

4 - Facebook for the social and Instagram for the yoga inspiration.

Regarding exercise I keep mine consistent all the way throughout.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SP128 - I do barre and the ellipitcal at the gym and keep doing that throughout the TWW but get nervous during my barre cardio class since it is more intense. I have a fb friend who keeps posting pictures of her doing deadlifts during crossfit at 40 weeks pg- its just like seriously!? But as Justsuzie said peace of mind can mean a lot so I don't seeing anything wrong with curbing your work out if it makes you feel better.

@justsuzie - having the boss out it always a nice break!
  • @tscalei Holy cow, cross fit at 40wks pregnant?!?! That's crazy, but impressive. Honestly, my biggest fear about getting pregnant after loss is the idea of almost being "fragile" and afraid that any wrong move or choice could cause a problem. I know it's an irrational fear...but one that is always on my mind.
  • @dragonfly87 - I know its a little bit nuts - she posts all the time too.  And she just posted that she lost all of her baby weight 1 week after her delivery. I guess all of it is inspirational but its also kind of annoying. Its like I just want a baby- I don't care if I can do crazy work outs while pg or how quick I lose the weight. #justhavetorant lol Definitely get you on the fragile thing though its hard not to be scared after a loss.
  • @TScalei - people like that drive me nuts - it's like they are showing off.  She probably only gained like 10lbs during her pregnancy.  Even if you tried your best during pregnancy and didn't get all that weight off in 1 week it may make you feel like your weird seeing that stuff.  I can tell you I gained 70 lbs during my pregnancy with DD - 40 of which was water weight.  took me 9 months to get it all off thru very hard work.  Not every one is like that and I'd say she is one of the few who has it very easy.

• 1.) Intro/ Re Intro:
    Not new... mc at 5 weeks in January. This makes cycle 10 overall, 2 AL

2.) Status: WTO haven't decided if I will temp this cycle. I am not a morning person and even though I set my alarm for temp time I haven't been doing it. It drives me crazy when I don't but we have been too busy and sleep trumps temping. 

3.: Rants/Raves: Last week was crazy busy with work. Had a home show over the weekend. We woke up super early (left our house at 6am) to drive to my parents house 2 hours away to pick up DS. DH had to drive another 2.5 hours up to Nebraska to check on a job up there and I stayed at my parents to help my mom finish up sewing dance costumes. Our plan was to head home that night. But with the insane winds we have had (30+ sustained and stupidly crazy gusts I think almost 60mph) fires were popping up everywhere. One was about 15 miles east of my parents town and it was near interstate so it was shut down. By the time it was reopened it was late enough we decided to leave in the morning. Since we didn't get home until afternoon we worked on our basement instead of going to work. I am so sore....I really need to work out more! 

If you guys guys could send your T&P to Kansas (and OK, CO, TX) that would be awesome. These wildfires are no joke. Yesterday there was one West of my parents town, South of town, and another North of town. And while these are smaller than the big ones in Kansas 4 fires in 2 days is a lot when the companies fighting the fires are majorly made up of volunteer firefighters and there is no to very few fresh bodies coming in. My dad broke his wrist in the ice storm in January and just got his brace off. He didn't go to the one Monday but he did go in yesterday. He's been a volunteer firefighter for many many years but I still worry. This is going to be such a bad Fire year. We have actually had some moisture the past few years which has led to great grass growth but this year has been dry so lots of fuel and lots of dry fields that can burn.  Sorry that got long!

4.) GTKY: Besides The Bump, where else do you spend time on the internet? (websites, blogs you read, pinterest, Facebook etc.) Pinterest and Facebook. Also fanfiction.net  I'm a total nerd and love reading HP fanfiction  
  • @vlagrl29- exactly to everything you said!!

@SeriouslySirius - thoughts and prayers to your family - that is very scary.
  • *TW & TMI*

I feel like I'm overusing the TW, but better safe than sorry, right?

1) I'm Amanda. I'm a WFHM. I sell knit and crochet items. DS is 2 and a handful. I've been married to DH for 2.5 years and dating my GF for however long it says in my siggy. (Feel free to ask questions. I don't mind.)

2) I'm WTO, CD1. This cycle was a NMC :( DH and I were actually planning to start trying this month, because we want a December/January baby. My BD and DS' birthday are in December, and DH's birthday is in January. DH shares a BD with his pappy, so that's what he's hoping for lol. Really, he just wants a cluster of birthdays because he thinks it would be cute, and I don't want to be heavily pregnant in the summer.

3) Rant: I still have some mild MS, and it's so not fair. I also have a super itchy yeast infection, but it's gotten better since I took Diflucan yesterday. Rave: DS keeps saying "Oh, baby!" when he's excited, and it is one of the funniest things ever. He's also starting to recognize some words, and I couldn't be prouder.

4) Google. I am CONSTANTLY researching things. GF says I have an article for everything. I can't help that I like knowing what I'm talking about!
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares OK I'm really curious! You said we could ask so here goes! :) Did you know you were bi/polysexual when you got married? When you got married did DH agree to an open relationship? Finally, does she ever join you in a three-some?
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Hey @Starla! I knew I was bi/pan before I even met my husband. When we got together, I told him that it was a package deal. He could only be with me if I could also be with women. At that point, I'd never actually been with a woman, though I had an opportunity that I had to pass up because the guy I was dating was "just kidding" about being comfortable with it. The first time I kissed a girl was actually at my engagement party! Everyone gasped and turned to see how my husband would react, and he just kind of shrugged. Senior year of college, I actually lived off-campus with my girlfriend at the time and her husband. That was an interesting situation, to say the least. I actually met my GF on Tinder, and we were best friends for a long time before we finally began dating. DH and I have completely different tastes in women, so we've never had a threesome. GF also lives in a different state because DH, DS, and I relocated for a job, but GF is going to live in my area for the summer so we can spend more time together!
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    @NYTino24 didn't know where to put this, but I'll take that girls November baby!!! 

Obvi lurking on the bmb crossing everything that we all get to join you guys. 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• SP128 said:
    @NYTino24 didn't know where to put this, but I'll take that girls November baby!!! 

Obvi lurking on the bmb crossing everything that we all get to join you guys. 
    Ugh. No kidding. Makes me livid.
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• I've got your backs, ladies! 

It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • 1- intro- joined this board at the end of feb/beginning of March after CP at 4.5 weeks. 2. I just met with my RE and she gave the go ahead to try this cycle again. I am taking letrozole with trigger and will hopefully have an iui- as long as a follicle grows on the left side since I have a blocked right tube. 3. I am excited that I don't have to skip a cycle but I am super nervous as well. I wish that the weather would get warm already! 4. I spend most of my time on Facebook. But I google s lot which is not always a good idea.
  • @ladipale a little of both with the December thing.  December is when we found out our pregnancy wasn't viable and also December is always a crazy busy month.  We are going for it though.