Placenta previa — The Bump
3rd Trimester

Placenta previa

Hello,

First pregnancy here - due 5/15. I went to the ER 3 weeks ago because I started bleeding. I was told I have partial placenta previa and would need to go on bed rest if it doesn't correct itself shortly. Got the talk about no heavy lifting, no sex, etc. Does anyone know if that also means no orgasms? :/ I mean, orgasms cause contractions so I am guessing no go? But I am MUCH more comfortable asking peers/strangers than my doc. It just has a negative connotation ;) Anyway, I've was doing ok - helping the hubby when he needed a little action. But, lately, OMG. Horny city. Especially either in the a.m. or in the middle of the night after a dream. It's torturous. Help? TIA!

Jen <3

Re: Placenta previa

• This is a question you're just going to have to ask your doctor, even if it makes you uncomfortable. Placenta prévia is serious, and it could cost your child its life, if you're not careful. I would imagine your doctor is excluding all sexual activity+orgasms, and I would err on the side of caution until you get a chance to ask. 
    SnarkasaurusRex
  • Hello,

First pregnancy here - due 5/15. I went to the ER 3 weeks ago because I started bleeding. I was told I have partial placenta previa and would need to go on bed rest if it doesn't correct itself shortly. Got the talk about no heavy lifting, no sex, etc. Does anyone know if that also means no orgasms? :/ I mean, orgasms cause contractions so I am guessing no go? But I am MUCH more comfortable asking peers/strangers than my doc. It just has a negative connotation ;) Anyway, I've was doing ok - helping the hubby when he needed a little action. But, lately, OMG. Horny city. Especially either in the a.m. or in the middle of the night after a dream. It's torturous. Help? TIA!

Jen <3

I would assume that means no sex / orgasms
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with both of them previous posters. I would assume no orgasms, but it's definitely a question for your doctor. If you are that uncomfortable asking than I would just hold off on all sexual activity.