July 2017 Moms

Baby Clothes and More!

Re: Baby Clothes and More!

• @PurplePumpernickel That's what I did with clothes too. My registry is like a triple copy of clothes. One set is 0-3, one set is 3-6, and one set is 6-9. That way, I have clothes for awhile, and hopefully I don't end up with a million newborn clothes that the baby won't fit into for very long. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @keris @PurplePumpernickel When I registered for DS, I didn't put any clothes on the registry at all.  I kept tags on everything, and didn't wash anything until I needed it.  I returned anything that was duplicated or the incorrect size for the season.  I had not issues, since all the stores will scan an item and tell you if it came from that store or not.  I even exchanged anything I could so I didn't lose value on the clothes.  Worked great, and I didn't need to clothes shop until 18 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • This might have been mentioned already - if it has, someone please direct me where - but what's a good "going home outfit" for summer? I'm expecting it to be pretty warm at the beginning of July, and I'm not too big into a super fancy "going home outfit", I'd rather have one that is functional and comfortable. I know it's supposed to be something loose, because of the umbilical cord. 
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited March 2017
    @SaphireSweetie88 Here ya go. The title is slightly misleading since it went off into full registry discussion and not just baby clothes, but my registry is actually listed in a higher post, and lots of people are talking about what they registered for. We could always start a new thread, but idk how redundant that would be.... 

Edit: I just read back through and realized that everyone was pretty much talking about just clothes. So I'll go start another thread, and if no one is interested it'll just fall to the bottom. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • kat0607 said:
    This might have been mentioned already - if it has, someone please direct me where - but what's a good "going home outfit" for summer? I'm expecting it to be pretty warm at the beginning of July, and I'm not too big into a super fancy "going home outfit", I'd rather have one that is functional and comfortable. I know it's supposed to be something loose, because of the umbilical cord. 
    I was told they should still be in long sleeves/pants. They're used to the 98 degree inside of your body. So even if it's warm out, they will freeze in the hospital/air conditioning if you have "summer clothes" on them. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • kerils said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 Here ya go. The title is slightly misleading since it went off into full registry discussion and not just baby clothes, but my registry is actually listed in a higher post, and lots of people are talking about what they registered for. We could always start a new thread, but idk how redundant that would be.... 

Edit: I just read back through and realized that everyone was pretty much talking about just clothes. So I'll go start another thread, and if no one is interested it'll just fall to the bottom. 
    @kerils - Thanks! I think another thread might be helpful
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @kat0607 I believe May has a "going home outfit" thread to see some examples.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I plan on getting gowns but mostly everything full sleeve aswell especially since it's summer, and do keep in mind, it's starts getting cold after august so no point in buying lots of summer clothes
    i won't be buying pants but a blanket instead, if it's hot you can always get rid of the blanket. my home is usually warm but hospital will be freezing! 
  • Rae1 said:
    kat0607 said:
    This might have been mentioned already - if it has, someone please direct me where - but what's a good "going home outfit" for summer? I'm expecting it to be pretty warm at the beginning of July, and I'm not too big into a super fancy "going home outfit", I'd rather have one that is functional and comfortable. I know it's supposed to be something loose, because of the umbilical cord. 
    I was told they should still be in long sleeves/pants. They're used to the 98 degree inside of your body. So even if it's warm out, they will freeze in the hospital/air conditioning if you have "summer clothes" on them. 
    Exactly this. Most locations you take baby will be air conditioned, and will be way too cold for a baby to be in short sleeves or without pants, unless you don't turn the AC on in your house. A baby will be perfectly fine in a light long sleeve footed sleeper with a blanket for added warmth when needed. And will usually always need a hat. 
  • @kat0607 I think the general rule of thumb is the number of layers you're wearing plus one. We brought my August son home in a short sleeve onesie, pants, hat, and light blanket. 
  • Has anyone seen the MilkBarn outfits? ... so cute 
  • @kat0607 general rule for baby is number of layers you would wear plus one so if you would be in shorts and short sleeves then light pants and long sleeve to go home.  My August baby came home in a light Carter's sleeper.  It was super hot so we had the ac going and added a light receiving blanket over him.
  • BusyZee said:
    Has anyone seen the MilkBarn outfits? ... so cute 
    Yes! Even with a third boy coming and no shortage of clothes I got a couple of items from there.  Reminds me of kickee pants material.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bought my going home outfits today since Zulily was having a Burts Bees sale. It'll just be $15 wasted for the other sex I guess. I had a unisex one for DD and hated it. 

TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @dancegurl1118 OMG those are adorable 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @dancegurl1118 I have been eyeing that floral one for a while. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have now downloaded the zulily app and my shopping cart is dangerously full. So thank you to everyone who recommended it...I think  ;)
  • @JulyBaby17 I totally get it! We're expecting our second baby boy. We got a ton of hand me downs so I really didn't need to buy clothes, but every once in a while if I'm in Target or Walmart I'll wander through the boy's clothing aisles to see if I can find anything cute. Once you narrow down to the specific size you're looking for the selection is always super limited! Online is better bit still nothing like the girls section. But, like you, I'm okay with it-- I'm sure with a girl it would be impossible to resist spending more than I meant to on the adorable outfits. 
  • @BusyZee, the diaper bag does not have to coordinate with baby's sex... you're the one carrying it, get whatever bag you like. 

I feel the same way about baby carriers! I found an Ergo Organic Baby Carrier on my neighborhood app, it was brand new, never used, and only $50. It's the Petunia Pickle Bottom edition in Heavenly Holland, it has pink tulips on it... I'm having a boy but am still going to use it. I'm the one wearing the carrier so I don't think it should matter.
    *pic in spoiler
    Image result for ergobaby baby carrier - organic petunia pickle bottom heavenly holland
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @Sassenach1743 you know I just sold that bag today! I was feeling guilty for getting something a bit out of budget and also I found a much more neutral bag for half the price which I feel hubby will look good carrying too... so I let go of it, it got sold for a 100 more than what I got it for so there's that but I will miss it, it was a splurge but gorgeous in person! 
  • Our DD was born 7/11 and this one is due 7/21 so my clothes shopping is done I just need to get them out of the attic. I'm sure we'll buy some new stuff but there was so much stuff that #1 never even wore. I am a little bummed that we won't get to go buy a bunch of cute stuff but it's also going to save us so much money! 

• BusyZee said:
    @Sassenach1743 you know I just sold that bag today! I was feeling guilty for getting something a bit out of budget and also I found a much more neutral bag for half the price which I feel hubby will look good carrying too... so I let go of it, it got sold for a 100 more than what I got it for so there's that but I will miss it, it was a splurge but gorgeous in person! 
    Well, at least you made some money on it!  :)
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Target's Victoria Beckham collaboration has a bunch of cute baby stuff - especially for girls (I want to see it as gender neutral, but I just can't get there). I'm sad that I don't know what size I'll be post-partum, because a lot of the regular clothing is adorable too.
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks il check it out @PurplePumpernickel

edit: it's all girl infant clothes right? So cute, too bad nothing was gender neutral !! 
  • @xath I love the color of the outfit.  Precious!
  • @Xath  Our family went as harry potter characters for halloween this year. SD was Hermoine, DS11 was Draco, DS4 was Harry and DS3 was Dobby. DH was Voldemort and I was Umbridge. I didn't do HP theme for newborn photos for my others but I'm definitely putting it into some of the photos for this last baby.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• michelle04us @ Xath I LOVE the outfits!! Where did you get them from?

This has to be the cutest thread out there! I love everything you guys got! I’m at work so I only screenshot the stuff I got/im getting online

I’ll try to take a picture of the stuff I got at home, toys r us has to be my favorite for boy clothes, I didn’t even know they sold clothes!

baby.png 912.1K
  • @Xath I love that outfit!  your post inspired me to buy baby clothes. I jus spent way too much money at Carters. 
  • I'm not sure why, but I'm a little nervous to buy any clothes this time around.  I think it's because my son was super little, and I don't want to have all these clothes that don't fit.  I have not bought a single thing, despite how much I complained about girl clothes being cuter than boy clothe.  I need to get my ass in gear!
  • This is our going home outfit. Kickee pants Hello World coverall. All my boys have gone home in Kickee Pants....haha.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker