April 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 3/4

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Team Blue, Pink, Green? And name(s)?

Appointments this week?

Symptoms? 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week?

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? Did you end up doing anything similar?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 3/4

• Loading the player...
  • Oh, I DO have another rave....we loaned out of newborn diapers a few times in the past several years.  They are in New Jersey with a friend right now. We asked for them mailed back about 2 months ago.  Their baby is a year old now so they haven't been using them.  Well, they keep telling us all these stories (they got mailed to the wrong address and sent back, the post office was closed, etc).  I'm getting so annoyed.  I want them back now in case we need to strip them or anything like that.  Plus, it's been over 3 years since we used them so I'd like to see what we have and see if I need to replace anything.  They're DH's friends too so he's doing all the communicating and he definitely is erring on the too polite side. 

C'mon people!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @Limie I'm a complete bitch too lately. But I make no apologies.
    @cafedisco I'm so happy to hear that you are better with the Zoloft! That's great news! Now, install that car seat and then work on a headboard  :D One task for baby boy, one task for you!
  • @Limie I had to reread your GTKY twice bc I kept reading it "I wanted to be a vegetarian" my brain isn't braining anymore. 
  • @cafedisco yay about the Zoloft! I hope your PP period is a lot better for you this time. Also wtf on not returning the diapers. 
  • How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Ferret, junior tennis racket

Team Blue, Pink, Green? And name(s)? Green! Names will be kept secret until he or she is here

Appointments this week? Thursday 

Symptoms? The fatigue is no joke and now it's accompanied by its good friend swelling. We had our first state test this week and after being on my feet for the 2.5 hours it takes to administer it plus at a school event for three hours that night, it looked like I had put a rubber band around my calves when I took my socks off. 

What have you done to prepare for baby this week? Not much. We are in a holding pattern until DD is moved into her new room. Once the nursery is available, we will start going through clothes and really see what we need. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

Rave: Its DD's 2nd birthday today! We stayed at a hotel last night and spent this morning at Magic Kingdom! She had so much fun!

Rant: We spent the morning at Magic Kingdom and now I can't walk 
    :s

GTKY: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you "grew up"? Did you end up doing anything similar?
    In second grade, I thought being a professional golfer was my path (we weren't a golfing family so I have no idea where that came from) but wanting to be a teacher started around 4th grade. I went to school for Paychology, decided to go to grad school for Marketing, and ended up working in hospitality after undergrad. Part of my job involved sharing Disney history with guests which reminded me how much I loved teaching and I finally found my way into the classroom after getting my Masters in Elementary Ed. The fourth grade version of me knew what was up all along but I'm okay with the path I took to get here. If I hadn't worked for Disney, I wouldn't have met my husband!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @belocin happy birthday to your DD!