November 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Question Sunday 3/5

I clearly spend most of my time with a preschooler, as I seriously debated if I would offend anyone if I  changed the title to "silly question" lol

So what questions do you have?

Re: Stupid Question Sunday 3/5

• Options
    Mine is about bump etiquette... in the ticker change posts, or other posts not specifically asking for an update about you, is it rude to reply to the others that the thread is about? I'm not talking obvious things like taking the ttgp grad post and saying, "oh weird because I got pregnant so easily!" but more genuine responses like "I share this huge interest in your gtky answer too!" Or "my doctor said X about this specific thing you're asking."

• Options
    @ArtificialRed - Totally on board with changing it to Silly. I thought about that too.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    STM stupid question: is being so bloated that you look multiple months pregnant when you are only 5 weeks pregnant normal?! I feel like a cow already! I showed early with my son but that was like 11 weeks not 4-5!!!
  • Options
    @SarahEmmons330 - I think so. Is it bad I'm considering putting on maternity pants already?  With DS I didn't make the switch until sometime in  2nd tri. I remember bloat but not to where I couldn't even do the hair tie trick on my pants. With DD I was over it by 6 weeks and had to make the switch.  I've had to put away 2 pairs of jeans already and I know it's all bloat, lol. So for me, it seems to get increasingly worse and earlier.  :o
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Mine is about bump etiquette... in the ticker change posts, or other posts not specifically asking for an update about you, is it rude to reply to the others that the thread is about? I'm not talking obvious things like taking the ttgp grad post and saying, "oh weird because I got pregnant so easily!" but more genuine responses like "I share this huge interest in your gtky answer too!" Or "my doctor said X about this specific thing you're asking."
    I see no problem with this! We are supposed to be here to support each other and this is a great way to!
  • Options
    Me at 7 weeks last time. I'm not super skinny or fit or anything but my boobs generally stick out farther than my stomach. I look similar to this now. I wore a huge baggy blouse to church this morning and I don't think I was fooling anybody. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    This was me Friday at 5+1, I'm not going to be able to fool anyone either!
  • Options
    @kschref I already got out my maternity jeans! I'm a sahm and watch another toddler a couple times a week so luckily I can live in yoga pants and leggings but sometimes you gotta wear real pants!
  • Options
    I just got my BFP today, but I'm still 5 days away from a missed period. Should I still go to my doctor or should I wait until AF is due? I really want to go asap!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I called the dr and made an appointment the moment I got my bfp. They got me in the following week. Every office is different on when they get you in but I would call now! Congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    jess0211jess0211 member
    edited March 2017
    @DuchessOfCambridge with my BFP before missed AF (10 dpo) I called my PCP first because I work in the same building as her and wanted a blood test to confirm, she ordered it and a second one on monday. I also called my ob who said they don't bring people in until 8 weeks. They actually don't even do betas before 8 weeks but was fine with my PCP doing them. So I would just go ahead and call your ob tomorrow! I don't see any reason to wait. But other ladies may have other thoughts.

Eta: congrats again!!!! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge - All mine ever want to know from me is the start of my last cycle. They don't really care when the BFP happened. I tested positive at 8dpo this time so I did call before AF was due. They don't schedule first appointments until 8 weeks regardless for me though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @SarahEmmons330 @jess0211 @kschref thanks so much for the advice ladies, I appreciate it and cannot wait to call my dr tomorrow!

• Options
    @ArtificialRed So... if it really would be examples like what you are saying, I think it's fine. Especially about factual matters or info from doctors. The only caution I would give is that people who have not struggled to get pregnant, experienced loss, experienced infertility, etc., often don't even realize what can be insensitive or hurtful. So... be really, extra, super conscientious? I suppose this is a qualified yes but still a yes.

• Options
    STM stupid question: is being so bloated that you look multiple months pregnant when you are only 5 weeks pregnant normal?! I feel like a cow already! I showed early with my son but that was like 11 weeks not 4-5!!!
    3rd pregnancy here. I'm already in maternity pants. Trying to get away with bulky sweaters on cold weather days, but I generally wear fitted clothes and don't have a whole lot of baggy clothes. I might be switching to maternity tops before the bump is even full of baby. I'm so bloated!
  • Options
    I keep changing my clothes trying to find something comfortable to wear that downplays the bloat. And that also doesn't ride up to show how my pants aren't buttoned.  How do celebrities hide this/appear not to bloat?? I'm definitely not ready for maternity pants because I know how irritated with them I was by the end last time. 

• Options
    I have a REALLY stupid question: how do I get a ticker? I clicked the link to create one, and I did, and it gave me two different links to use and neither one worked...?
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily Check the intro thread. I had problems and @kschref posted on how to do it and it helped me get mine

I just ordered some maternity clothes from Old Navy because there was a sale.... at least I didn't get any baby clothes haha. For pants I just got a pair of side panel pants because I'm technically not supposed to wear leggings to work but waistbands are killing me right now. I'm wearing a nice pair of Ann Taylor leggings today that don't look as legging-ish. Still fitted like leggings but super thick material. And I'm pairing it with a long baggy top. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Okay, stupid question here...how do I know what size maternity clothes to buy? Hoping I don't have to buy a lot because I am getting quite fee hand me downs but will probably need to buy some season appropriate clothes. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What size do you normally wear @jess0211? I wear a medium so I just buy medium clothes. Not a stupid question though  :)
  • Options
    @slaven woohoo! I figured it out. I had to toggle off the html in my signature settings.
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 I just got my normal size but in maternity. I suppose by end of third trimester I may need something else but it'll be cold then and I'll need cold weather maternity clothes anyway.
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @heatherdubrow  I am very petite and normally wear an xs or s, I was kind of assuming I should just purchase items in small but wasn't sure if that was the way to do it.

@slaven that's what I was thinking...just going with the size I am now. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 I was looking at the the sizing chart for Old Navy and the maternity clothes obviously have larger waists but I think they even increase the hip measurement an inch or two as well. I'm sure most maternity lines would size similar too. 

DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven by the way, I totally went and checked out the Old Navy sale after I saw your post! I am trying so hard to not buy much until I go through what has been and will be given to me.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 In the end I got 2 dresses that are good for work but not too dressy, 2 basic layering tanks (not spaghetti strap so I can wear them on their own, 2 shirts (one is an early maternity/nursing top, other is straight on maternity), and a pink pair of their maternity pixie pants. The tops match the pants and I can wear it all to work but it's casual enough for wearing elsewhere. We move right around when I'm 16 weeks and  I know I'll need things around then but don't want to risk shipping something here and then leaving before it's delivered. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @jess0211 I'm glad you asked that, I'm quite petite like you and was wondering the same thing..

• Options
    I am also super petite, XS or S in my normal clothes, and last time I was mostly in XS maternity shirts and S dresses and tunics. Where I really struggled was length. While I never got really big with DS (I had severe MS and struggled to gain weight the first half), the shirts were often too long for me even in my 3rd trimester. The only shirts that really fit well were the basic v-necks from Motherhood, luckily they came in basically every color. I lived in v-necks and leggings or shorts.
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    I have a dumb question...what's a ticker?? I use mobile so am I just missing something?
  • Options
    baker1jm2 said:
    I have a dumb question...what's a ticker?? I use mobile so am I just missing something?
    A ticker is a cute little graphic that you can set up where a little cartoon moves a little bit across a bar every week to show how many weeks pregnant you are. 

People create them on this site or others and paste them into their signatures. Signatures don't show up on the mobile app, which is why you aren't seeing them. I also primarily use mobile. :-) Honestly, signatures can take forever to load on my computer, so I'm just as glad they don't show up on mobile. 
  • Options
    @gipfish thank you..well that makes sense then bc I've never logged in on a computer so I've never seen them!