tick tock, tick tock...
**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: March TWW

• 13DPO - tell me if I'm unreasonable here ladies.  So most of you know about my progesterone and how the OB wanted me to take 1 more pill before doing suppositories just to make sure the bad reaction was just a fluke in Dec.  Well it wasn't.  I got dizzy, tired yesterday and today about lunch time I got nauseous and puked. Pharmacist said it can take 36 hours to get out of system.  I'm not taking it anymore.  My nurse is out on family emergency go figure.  I wanted OB to push thru the pre authorization and relayed all that info to the receptionist and asked if she could put ASAP on it because I'm still in my 2WW.  Receptionist called back and said that the nurse does that and it will be done on monday.  The process can take up to 2 weeks.  I even let her know I tried the pill again and its not good with me.  I'm thinking of switching OB practices now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for getting us started in March,@ladipale! Just the "tick tock" in your post was enough to make me anxious.... Lol.

I'm just hanging out at 8 DPO feeling totally normal, which sucks. I don't have much hope of a BFP this cycle. Maybe that's why I'm not feeling an urge to test. I'll definitely test Monday at 11 DPO, but only because H and I have a wine club thing to go to that night, and I want to know if I can drink with a clear conscience. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @vlagrl29 you probably know this, but just because they do a prior authorization it doesn't necessarily mean the insurance will approve it. Which sucks. I have this problem constantly with patients. And the insurance can take their sweet time in giving a yay or nay once it's submitted by the doctor's office, too....grrr.
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @amberruka had a feeling too. I'm going to vitamin store today to check out their stuff in the meantime. I've had pretty much the same reaction. Still feeling it today. And it brought back a lot of anxiety for me.
  • I go here now.  1st cycle after loss...I think I am 5 DPO. If I am 5 DPO, we only got -5 and O day, so maybe not the best timing this month.  It stinks because I was so excited to try again this month, but life got in the way.  I'm disappointed but still hopeful and SS like crazy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vlagrl29 sorry to hear that. Sucks that they say it is going to take so long, and frustrating considering you are in the TWW already. You'd think they could hurry it up. Keep us updated if you find a new OB or if the prescription comes through.
    @liz4382 it's hard when it feels like your timing wasn't as ideal as you wanted it to be, but I totally know what you mean about life getting in the way. DH was away for my fertile week and we could only BD when he came home for two days. The waiting part now is hard.

I'm at 3 or 4 DPO... ran out of opks the first day I started getting EWCM (I am a POAS addict apparently) and by the time my new order came in the mail the EWCM had come and gone. Only managed to BD twice, so either -1 and O day, or just O day. 
  • @liz4382 Does the MC count as the beginning of a cycle (if it was a NMC, anyway)? I'm not sure how that works.

@Perfectypo I am totally a POAS addict. I got a 3-pack of FRERs this week, and I told myself I would *totally* wait until next cycle to test ... but AF still hasn't come, so of course I have used them all already. Going to Dollar Tree tomorrow to get some cheap cassettes so we actually have money for food this week XD
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares I waited until my period came and then considered that cycle 1. Although for me, it was about 28 days after my MC so I do think I could have counted that as a cycle, with MC being Day 1.  I think some people do that. Even though I know some people get BFP after MC before ever getting AF...I don't think my body would have been ready.  I had pretty bad cramps that whole month and my body just didn't feel like it was back to "normal". 

@Perfectypo we are pretty close in our TWW. Seems like such a long wait!  Good luck to everyone!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • thank you @Perfectypo - I'm just feeling defeated.  I have to start all back over and interview OBs again.  I'll also have to check and see what's covered by my insurance.  I'm particular and want a VBAC and if I do end up with a c/section I want that skin to skin that I didn't have last time.  I think back and she even questioned my BFP in December - it didn't match my O dates - she thought I was given false positives by the HSG I had prior.  Then when I went in for my CP follow up she asked if I normally get nauseous around my period - uh no that was a pregnancy symptom.  She was highly recommended by my ICAN chapter here.  since I still don't have my suppositories I went to a health store and talked to the guy.  He use to work at walmart pharmacy - we talked about natural progesterone creams.  I just need something to make me feel better at this point.
  • @pandawares I can't buy pregnancy test in three packs, otherwise I end up peeing on all of them just because they are there. The opks are good because they are cheaper than pregnancy tests, so it doesn't really matter how many I go through. My latest order was for 50... that should keep me going for awhile. 

@liz4382 nice, well I am determine to try as hard as possible to wait to test until the day my period is supposed to get here... we shall see though. At least we both have around the same amount of wait time. 

@vlagrl29 yikes. That is not fun, sucks to hear she has questioned you like that and been pretty insensitive as well (from the sounds of it). Fair enough that you are particular though, those are reasonable things to want, and good on you for standing up for that. I guess it makes it hard too when she has come recommended, and having to sort out what insurance covers is frustrating if you do change. I am glad you could talk to someone, and I hope you find something to help soon, whether it is a natural progesterone cream etc. 
  • SP128SP128 member
    edited March 2017
    @vlagrl29 hope you get your progesterone cream soon. Insurance companies make things so difficult and o feel they really don't care if something is time sensitive. Don't they realize that them paying for prevention is much cheaper than paying for treatment ? 

@pandawares I'm too cheap to pee on the expensive hpts. I told myself that I'll pee on one to confirm if I have a bfp on a cheapie. 

I think im either 4 dpo or 2 dpo. @NYTino24 here's my chart. Last cycle I oed on the same day I turned an opk. What's confusing this cycle is that I turned one after I allegedly oed. Timing was decent either way. 

Edit:  Disclaimer on the "Ovulation pain" I noted.  It may be just be crazy SS..... 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    took a test this morning and DH and I barely saw a positive line - it was a blue dye comparable to FRER.  You pretty much had to squint to see it.  We both agree it was negative and that was probably the control line coming thru that would eventually get darker with a positive test.  I might buy some different tests today and test again on monday if AF hasn't come.

I do feel better today.  Just exhausted from the crazy day yesterday.  I actually still had the heartburn when I went to bed last night so I took zantac and that helped.  If I feel more normal today and feel like that pill finally wore off I may use some of that cream tonight.  It's made of all natural ingredients.
  • @Perfectypo I got a 25-pack of cheap HPTs last cycle and used them all because they were there. Whoops.

@SP128 The store within walking distance doesn't have any decent cheap ones. The store brand ones always have scratches on the viewing windows, which makes it hard to squint! :wink:

@vlagrl29 I promise I'm not ignoring you. I just don't have any experience with that and don't know what to say. I have my fingers crossed for you, though!

AFM (Did I use that right?)

Still waiting either way. I had two not-quite-negatives today, and my cervix is way up in there, but I can't tell if I'm starting to cramp. *twiddles thumbs*

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    @pandawares  Amazon has a ton of cheapies : )
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128 Oh, I know :wink:

In other news, I've started using winking faces non-sexually. I'm officially a mother.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited March 2017
    @SP128 I think FF is right. Usually I o on my second of three positives, but last cycle was 2 days after 2 days of positives. Bodies are apparently weird when TTCAL. 
    @vlagrl29 Did you test today? I am using natural progesterone cream. I read some studies that show it works best vaginally and not just rubbed on your stomach or wrists, etc. I am also looking to switch offices.
    @pandawares Update?!
    @liz4382 I'm with you on wishing timing was better. DH was away and we only got -5, -1. All it takes is once though...
    @RiverSong15 good luck tomorrow!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24- i tested with a pink dye this morning and it was BFN.  I guess the CP I had is making my pre af spotting pretty much non existent now with my cycles.  I use to get it a good 5 days prior to AF.  So I guess I"m just waiting for AF now and will hang out here until then.

I've had a few IVF people tell me that progesterone will not help with a low P count - Femera should be used instead.  I just want to cry.  If Femera is really needed I probably won't get pregnant.  I'm just tired.  The P pill finally got out of my system and the cream I used last night didn't give me any side effects.
  • @vlagrl29 I did read that progesterone doesn't make a ton of difference, but it helped my sister not miscarry after two losses. Low P can be a big deal. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24- I'll ask my doctors nurse tomorrow when she calls me back regarding the suppositories.  I never had it checked with DD so I have no idea what to compare it to.  Sometimes I wonder if its always been like that.
  • @vlagrl29 FWIW, I talked to MFM about how my temp didn't stay up during pregnancy and how my first LP after loss was only 10 days with indications AF was coming at 7, so that's when he said we would test P after a BFP. Part of me wants to ask him to test on CD21, but I don't always O by then...

• @NYTino24 -1 is good, though, right?

@vlagrl29 I'm sorry to hear about your BFN and cycle changes. I'm so glad the pill is finally out of your system, though!

I checked my cervix last night and this morning, and it's still very, very high. Like, I have to bear down to feel it. My Dollar Tree cheapie this morning was BFN, but tweaking the photo I took during the time-frame shows a faint line. This is exactly what happened with my CP last time around, so I'm a little sad. But! I pored over all of the data I've collected the past couple of months, and when I don't have an app or program telling me what *should* be going on with my body, it actually makes sense! I also checked out the Beautiful Cervix Project last night, and I learned a lot despite feeling sick to my stomach.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares FF says -1 is good timing. I'm just down because we DTD 11 times in 16 days and very little of it counted. If I get KU, then I won't care when we did it. I'm just not as confident as I was when I got my BFP.

• SP128SP128 member
    @NYTino24  Thanks for taking a peek.  Bodies are so weird.

I asked about progesterone level when I going through the mc.  The nurse said that the office did not test for it because they thought it was debatable whether or not it had to do with anything. I'm planning on asking the RE about it and see if he will test for it.  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• I also asked my doc about progesterone and they said there wasn't a lot of data that the suppositories or pills made a difference, so they don't usually prescribe them.  She said some docs look at it as a "cant hurt" type of thing.  @pandawares my cervix has been consistently high too. I dont know what my "normal" is with that because I never paid attention before. I hope your dollar tree cheapie bfp is right!  I am staring at a bfn right now but it's so early. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • regarding progesterone there are some girls in my ican local chapter that had multiple losses and went on to use P and carried baby full term so I believe it helps.

regarding my current situation.  I'm going to give the suppositories a chance for at least 3 months.  I really don't want to obsess about this stuff and if i should or shouldn't take clomid.  after my P pill experience I'm very hesitent to take more meds.  currently I want to work on finding a new OB.  Going to call an office close to us and get a consultation set up and also use that time for a 2nd opinion. 

I was doing really well last month with focusing on what I can control and I"m going to do that again moving forward.
  • @vlagirl29 I hope the new OB is a good fit.  It is so important to have one that you feel comfortable with!  I hope my earlier post didn't come off as negative--I was in no way trying to imply that progesterone didn't work.  I have also heard a lot of positive success stories.  I am thinking there just isn't much data about it yet in the medical community so some doctors (especially if they are not high risk OBs) are hesitant to say one way or the other, while others are more willing to prescribe it.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no I didn't think it was negative @liz4382 I think I'm just tired of people telling me the only fix is clomid. It just puts all the negative thoughts in my brain and makes me 2nd guess myself. I have to keep being positive and trust my gut. In several months from now we want to try clomid I will. I got pregnant with DD just fine, I got pregnant with my loss fine, I can do it again. I need to keep on this path to get to where I'm meant to be. I even hate tracking my cycles but I'm doing it for my P now. I don't want another loss.
  • SP128SP128 member
    oh my goodness!!! @RiverSong15  I'm am so happy for you!!  FX for doubling betas and a h & h 9 months.  Don't come around these parts again!!  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Oh that's amazing news @RiverSong15
  • **Lurking/siggy warning***

Congratulations @RiverSong15! I'm so happy to see this! I know it has been a long road for you. Fx those betas keep rising!! 
  • @RiverSong15 oh my god, congratulations!!!!!!  :) FX for you!!!!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • @RiverSong15 so happy for you!  
  • Oh my goodness @Riversong15 - I'm so happy for you!!!! Congratulations!!!! 
  • Yay @RiverSong15! Keep us updated! There are lots of great women on Nov. BMB. :)

• SP128SP128 member
    Anyone in the TWW?  I'm 5 DPO.   I've been SS like crazy today.  My appetite is ravenous and I had some pains in my left side.  Let's join @RiverSong15 in the November BMB!!!
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @RiverSong15 congrats!   I'm so excited for you! 
  • @RiverSong15 oh my word!!!!! Congratulations, I am so happy for you! FX for a h&h 9 months!!!!!

@SP128 im 5DPO as well! SS like crazy too... I've been nauseated and had heartburn the last two evenings and my cm is still around and now creamy and white so I'm hoping... but honestly last month I was convinced i was pregnant again so who knows. Also I feel like I want the symptoms so bad i am just reading into everything too much haha. When are you testing? I'm trying to hold out till 14DPO, I really don't want to see another negative... if AF shows up I'll know. If not I'll test. 
  • SP128SP128 member
    @Perfectypo I had some creamy cm after the gym.  I'm prob going to test either friday or saturday. I'll test all the way up to the morning of 3/16. I have my re consult the afternoon of 3/16. I usually don't test too early because I get so bummed. However, if I get an early bfp I'm going to cancel the consult. The copay is $60!!

my ss is always bad. I'm convinced every cycle that I'm ku 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @RiverSong15 congratulations!  What awesome news! 
    Pregnancy Ticker