August 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ check in 3/3

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Are you finding out (or already know) the gender this time or team green? How does that choice compare to other pregnancies? 

GTKY: If you could go on a mom vacation alone for a week, where would you go and what would you do? 

Re: STM+ check in 3/3

• Options
    How many other children do you have? 1 (2.5 yr old DD)

How far along are you? 18 + 1

Still sporadic heartburn and headaches. Didn't have either of them with DD.

Any appointments this week? Nope

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Started to clearly feel movement this week. 

Are you finding out (or already know) the gender this time or team green? How does that choice compare to other pregnancies?
    We will find out the sex at birth. DD's sex was also revealed at birth. 

GTKY: If you could go on a mom vacation alone for a week, where would you go and what would you do? 
    I'm not one to sit and do nothing for very long. So, although a spa or the beach sound great, they aren't for me. So I choose to go soemwhere like Paris where I can walk around and be busy sightseeing, shopping, and eating amazing food. But I've been to Paris so I need another place that's similar. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    edited March 2017
    1. DS is 20 months 

2. 17 weeks today

3. Gas, pain in my hips and legs, heart burn

4. Nope

5. I've been feeling flutters for a couple weeks, but starting last weekend, I've had some jabs 

6.  Anatomy scan at 20 weeks just like DS

7.  I'd go to some exotic beach. Lay on the beach and read, have some spa time, eat amazing sea food.

Eta: posted too soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is posting from my other account. I'm actually @morgy_bee and trying to figure out why it switched!!! 
  • Options
    Mamabee2 said:
    This is posting from my other account. I'm actually @morgy_bee and trying to figure out why it switched!!! 
    I thought that was still you :)

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DS will be 2 in May

How far along are you?
    17 weeks tomorrow!

My first pregnancy was a breeze.  This one is not.  Current symptoms are so much discharge,  and round ligament pain.  I thought second trimester I was supposed to feel great! Boooo.

I had my 16 week checkup on Monday, and went Thursday for an emergency ultrasound due to spotting and bloody discharge.  All looks great though,  we got to see babe moving around,  stretching, and he/she is already measuring big.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

We are team green for the second time. I love the suspense!

A private beach with a private bar. I want to sit all day with a Pina colada in hand, no kids,  no husband,  and just relax!  Hell... at this point I don't even need a full week vacation.  20 minutes to shower alone would be good enough for me! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How many other children do you have? 2 year old DD 

How far along are you? 17 weeks 

more heartburn and headaches then last time. Also still having random bits of MS, it was totally gone last time this far along 

Any appointments this week? Not this week 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

Finding out on the 27th. Found out last time around the same time 20 weeks 

Honestly anywhere, I'd stay in a hotel down the street for a few nights and would love it. I haven't spent a night away from my 2 year old yet. Not because I don't want to, just the opportunity hasn't arose. Definitely need to get away with just the DH before baby #2 comes. 
  • Options
    How many other children do you have? 1

How far along are you? 17+6

Ton of heartburn, fatigue, early satiety but still gaining weight rapidly, periods of nausea. My first pregnancy was a breeze.  I barely felt pregnant.

Any appointments this week? Had one on Wednesday.

Rant/Rave/Questions? When will the fatigue end!!! 

Team green all the way. We didn't find out t with our first one either

Beach to lay down and do nothing. I work 70-80hrs weeks so I want to sit and do nothin for once.
  • Options
    Two. DS is 5 and DD is 17 months

How far along are you?
    18w1d

My most prominent symptoms now are round ligament and pubic bone pain. I'm also having a lot of gum and tooth pain. This is all pretty similar to previous pregnancies. 

Anatomy scan next Thursday 

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rant: my in laws offered to keep the kids this weekend but failed to plan a time. So somehow we are committed to driving almost an hour to meet them this evening. 

We we found out it's a boy at 15 weeks and will have it confirmed at the AS. I am too much of a planner and could not hold out for team green. 

A resort that has a beach, pool and close to a shopping center. 
  • Options
    I have 2. DS is 5, and DD is 3.

How far along are you?
    I am 17 weeks and 4 days. 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?I feel lik
    I'm still a bit tired, and I still have an aversion to seafood. I definitely have more pronounced symptoms than the last two pregnancies. They were like a walk in the park compared to this. 

No. :( My next one isn't until the end of the month... it'll be my anatomy scan!!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Rant- I am so over cleaning up the toys. They are EVERYWHERE! I feel a toy declutter coming on soon. lol

I'd love to be team green this time around, but my husband wants to find out, and I can't have him know and I not know. We found out with the other two, so i figure this would be a nice surprise in the OR. Oh well. 

The beach, one with a hotel that has a nice spa included. And I'd bring all my books and magazines that I'm so far behind on. 
    6.1.10 -- Natural MC @ 6wks 3.17.11 -- BFP, born 11.8.11
  • Options
    2 boys - 4.5 and 8.

How far along are you?
    14+6

Most of the first trimester symptoms are now gone except frequently waking at night and usually not being able to fall back asleep for a while.  The only time I still feel nauseous is when I wake up during the middle of the night.  I think my energy came back this week though.

No.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I wish I hadn't put on so much weight so far.  The nausea was a killer though and lots of carbs were the only things that helped me function.  I gained 45 lbs with my other two and struggled to lose the weight the second time around.  I was hoping to keep things in check more since I was finally at at place pre-pregnancy where I was pretty happy with my body.  At least the nausea is pretty much gone and I finally have the energy to exercise again.

We're Team Green for the third time.  I love the delivery room surprise although it's a little harder this time knowing that I could click on a link in my email from the NIPT results to find out the sex. 

Anywhere warm with a beach/pool.  I enjoy relaxing and would love to sit and read with a drink in my hand.  I can't stay out in the sun all day because no matter how often I reapply lotion I burn so I'd also want to be somewhere near other activities.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    How many other children do you have? DS who is 3

How far along are you?
    17 weeks

I am more tired but I also have a toddler to chase after.  I am taking medicine for morning sickness this time so that is a big help. 

Not until the 20th.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I am AMA so we have know it is a girl for a few weeks from blood work.  DH wanted to be team green last time but I said no way a new baby was going to be enough a surprise.  I offered this time but he wanted to find out.

I thought about my answer the whole time I was cleaning my bathroom.  I think my favorite part is it is all by myself I don't even have to worry about DH.  As boring as it is I am going with a tropical beach too.  I want to lie on the beach and read have snorkeling near by and someone to bring drinks to me.  A spa and good restaurants would be an added bonus.  Pre kid me would find this boring but now it just sounds amazing.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    How many other children do you have? 1 3YO DS

How far along are you? 17 weeks today!

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? The Texas "snow" is killing me this week. Pollen, pollen everywhere! Other than that, not many symptoms except for the ever-present uterine cramps and sudden lightening boob pains

Any appointments this week? We are having our elective gender US on Monday morning.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am about to quit Facebook because I can't stand the April the pregnant giraffe live feeds. Number 1: all I can think is that she's a prisoner. Leave her alone. 2: how RUDE to constantly film her? Gross.

Are you finding out (or already know) the gender this time or team green? How does that choice compare to other pregnancies? Finding out on Monday! The suspense is killing me so we are finding out a few weeks early this time around.

GTKY: If you could go on a mom vacation alone for a week, where would you go and what would you do? I would go to the hill country in Texas. I would hang out on a ranch, visit vineyards, eat a lot of BBQ and shop for antiques.

• Options
    How far along are you?
    15 weeks 2 days
    feeling movement so much earlier this time around! RLP and boob tenderness still.
    Tuesday!
    Rant/Rave/Questions?
    You know you're an adult when you're pumped about a new washer! I feel excited to do laundry today. So lame.
    Still so torn on this. We were team green last time and LOVED it. I feel like I want to know more this time around. I have awhile to decide since I'm an end of August mama. Anyone here do team green for one and find out early with another? 
    @LSP87 love your response!! Texas hill country has my heart. The cedar is a real B though. "Texas snow" had me laughing out loud!
    My response is similar - I would probably want to be in the surrounding Austin area. Somewhere beautiful and relaxing. Lay by some water and read/get some sun. Eat yummy food and drinks. Have a spa day. Anywhere else I would want DH to come with me. 

• Options
    One. DS.

How far along are you?
    Between 15 and 17 weeks. We have no idea.

Sick all the time, diclectin isn't helping all that much. Losing weight rather than gaining. Can't eat, can't sleep.
    Complete 180 from last pregnancy.

Not until the 15th.

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    I'm really pissed at my mother for just assuming I'd want her around for 3 weeks around the time LO will be born. No, I do not, and you should have asked me before you booked those 3 weeks off work because you're going to have a boring time sitting at home twiddling your thumbs.

Probably finding out but not revealing. My family is convinced this one is a girl to the point my mother threatened me with "if this one isn't a girl, you're trying again as soon as you're out of the hospital." So I'm not revealing strictly because I'm not about that life and she can suck it.

Nowhere. I'm not a vacation person, and I couldn't bear to be away from DS for any length of time. Already did it for 3 days and it was awful.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

2.   6yr old DD & 4 yr old DS

How far along are you?

17weeks 4 days (I think)

im flipping exhausted but I'm also old, so there's that.    Much more tired/sick than either of my other pregnancies.  Still getting a bit of MS.  

Not this week.  Next appointment will be in two-ish weeks for the anatomy scan. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

We have found out with all of our kiddos.  Team blue this time around.  

GTKY: to visit my bestie in Seattle. 

• Options
    How many other children do you have? 1 (DD is 11 months)

How far along are you? 15+3 (my EDD was moved after my last appt because I was measuring a week ahead consistently)

headaches! And so tired.. started having to eat much smaller meals more often because I get heartburn/nausea if I have too much at once aka a previously normal to small sized meal.

No, next one is the anatomy ultrasound

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    Has anyone done a home birth or had their previous children at a birthing center? I was lucky enough to have a low-risk healthy pregnancy with my first but felt disappointed with my birth experience. I felt pressured into an epidural, and then progressed so quickly. The anesthesiologist miscalculated my weight and it was WAY too strong but it made me ridiculously loopy to the point that they had me pushing for an hour and half and I couldn't feel anything. FINALLY we got them skip a dose and I was able to push but thinking back it's all very blurry. This time around I don't want to feel pressured or have the experience cloudy like that so I'm trying to look into alternative options..

Yes we're finding out, we've wanted to find out with both

I would go to a spa and just relax and be pampered. Really just any vacation where I can sleep in, relax, read a good book for a few days would be great.
  • Options
    Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited March 2017
    1.  DS is 2.

How far along are you? 17 +5

What symptoms are you having?
    How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?
    Sciatica/ hip/ back pain constantly.  Have been getting some terrible headaches but not convinced they are pregnancy related.  It's 7 degrees here, but was something like 60 less than. A week ago.  

Any appointments this week? None!

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    How do I get rid of this sharp shooting sciatic pain or shooting hip pain?  Feels like me hip is stuck and it hurts.  Not sure I feel comfortable with a chiro in pregnancy, since I know someone who died from being misadjusted.  

I know, but am waiting for the A/S later this month to confirm.   Hubby is the green though.  Went green last time and hated it. Sobbed hysterically after not finding out at A/S for #1.

Sunny beach resort with top of the line resort/spa/ hotel.  Would lounge on beach or in bed all day reading and resting.  Would book myself silly on spa services as well.

EDIT:. Added gtny
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @jaclyngoldman I had a homebirth with DS and am planning a homebirth with this LO also. Feel free to PM me!
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    1 DD she'll be three next month  :'(

How far along are you? 17 weeks

Petty much the same so far but I'm extra exhausted from running after DD

Any appointments this week? Nope

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    DD who I thought maybe skipped the terrible twos.. has been a freaking nightmare this week. She's never been aggressive and she's suddenly hitting and kicking when she gets mad. Like full blown temper tantrums. I think she's mad DH is gone but holy cow kiddo I don't have the patience and energy to deal with this right now. Which makes me feel like I'm handling it really poorly.

Are you finding out (or already know) the gender this time or team green? How does that choice compare to other pregnancies? We are having a boy! 

GTKY: If you could go on a mom vacation alone for a week, where would you go and what would you do? Oh geeze. That's hard, it's a toss up between redoing paris alone or taking a trip to Rome. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Rant/Rave/Questions?
    How do I get rid of this sharp shooting sciatic pain or shooting hip pain?  Feels like me hip is stuck and it hurts.  Not sure I feel comfortable with a chiro in pregnancy, since I know someone who died from being misadjusted.  

I have had this with all three pregnancies. My SI joint locks up. I had to have weekly adjustments with my first but I found an exercise that pops it back into place and use it daily. 

Lay on your back and push your right hip up towards your ear without lifting off the bed. Repeat with left side until it pops or loosens. 
  • Options
    Thanks @morgy_bee!  This helps.  Doesn't take it 100% away, but am also looking to get more active to help as well.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Lauradi1010 so glad it's feeling better. You can also stretch the muscles around the SI joint by laying on your back with right leg straight up in the air. Bend left leg and put the ankle behind the right knee. Hold around the right knee and pull towards your face. Repeat with other side.