Baby Names

Sister for Cecilia

DH and I picked DD1s name easily. We both loved Cecilia and never gave it a second thought. Thinking of names for girl #2 now is hard! Our shortlist is

Lidia- nm Liddy DHs favorite
Valentina-nm Val 

I'm not sold 100% on either of these names. I like long romantic names, especially European ones. DH is from Eastern Europe. I also like them to shorten to a nickname. We call Cecilia Cici and Ceely. Middle name will be Winifred (family name). Help please!

Re: Sister for Cecilia

• Love Cecelia!

I also love Valentina it was on our list! Not a fan of Lidia it doesn't rank up to Cecelia or Valentina

suggesting: 

Anastasia
    Filomena
    Serefina
    Francesca
    Adrianna
    Magdalena
    Natalia

• Margaret
    Annabel
    Elizabeth nn Libby (close to Liddy)
    Penelope
    Eleanor
    Beatrice
    Rosalind
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I like a Anastasia a lot! But don't like nm Anna at all and I feel like everyone would call her that. 
  • Love Valentina. Also love PPs suggestion of Anastasia.

Evangeline
    Genevieve
    Antoinette
    Arabella
    Dorothea
    Esmerelda

• I like Valentina best with cecilia. I probably wouldn't go for another name ending in -ia.  

I love pps suggestions of Beatrice and Eleanor. How about Bernadette, Florence, Vivienne, Barbara, Josephine, Anaïs or Camilla?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • td72515 said:
    I like a Anastasia a lot! But don't like nm Anna at all and I feel like everyone would call her that. 
    Establish a different nn then. 

Stasi, anya, tasia, stasya, etc. 
  • I've noticed with Cecilia that people ignore our nicknames and call her what they want but I like Stasi and Stasia a lot thanks! 
  • I would put Genevieve with Cecilia......I would not have a nn (yes it is do-able), but if you must...Eve or Evie maybe Vivie. My mom and niece are Genevieve no nn ever for them.
  • Geneieve could be Jenny or Anastasia could be Annie if you prefer that to Anna.

l love Lydia spelled this way but not crazy about it with Cecilia (which I also love but the two "ia" endings are a little matchy for me)

Francesca
    Theodora
    Isadora
    Felicity
    Natalie

• I knew an Anastasia that went by Stacy
  • My first thought was Rosemary (or Rosalie). Rosie would be an awesome nn.
  • I love PP's suggestions for Natalie/Natalia, Genevieve, and Evangeline. Very pretty choices that pair well with Cecilia.
  • Love Valentina!!!! Also consider:
    Anastasia, nn Stasia
    Natalia
    Gisele
    Helena
    Calista
    Seraphina
    Thomasina
    Philippa

• Evelina with the nn Evi. This is my moms name and she was born in Germany. 
  • Cecilia was our second choice for our daughter's name behind Francesca, so I'll suggest that.  I'll also suggest the name we ended up using that came out of nowhere from DH once DD was born, Josephine.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• I have a friend with a DD named Cecelia.  Her other DDs are Audrey and Faye.  I think they go well together.  I am not a fan of the spelling of Lidia.  I would spell it Lydia and then it would get my vote and I like it very much. Valentina is ok. I have a friend in high school who was named Valentina, but went by Tina.  
  • josiejloljosiejlol Just Joined
    I am looking for a girl name to go with my DD, Cecilia. I am struggling to find anything nearly as perfect! Rescued this dead thread....
  • m2am2a member
    edited August 2022
    If you’re looking for something similar to Cecilia, there’s Camila. Some of the suggested names in this thread were nice. I liked Francesca, Genevieve and Josephine. They’re all so classic and beautiful. Best wishes to you! 
  • What about Alexandria? It’s long and romantic. Nn Ally, Alex, Alexa, Andria
    Valentina is a good suggestion. What about Valencia? It’s similar and European.
    I don’t love these WITH Winnifred (I do like this name though!) but maybe you do or maybe you’re flexible on the middle…
  • A bit unconventional but have you thought of Melody? Liddy could still be used as a NN (phonetically the same ending sound mel-liddy) and the name fits the over arching theme of a fancier/vintage name. Cecelia and her little sister Melody