October 2017 Moms

UO Thursday (3/2)

Post those Unpopular Opinions here
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: UO Thursday (3/2)

• My girls compete in dance and wear makeup and eyelashes and rhinestones on their faces. But I would never ever ever put them in a glitz pageant. I think glitz pageants are disgusting ( flippers, hair extensions, high heels, etc are just taking things a bit too far) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Loading the player...
  • OMG!!  Intelligent people!!!  @dogperson11 @myelhsa when I saw "politics" I cringed to see where this was going.  I love a good political debate but if you start the conversation attacking me, then I'm done.  Or any meme making fun of me, walking away from that.   

But for the love of God, lets not go there with this board yet.  Unless it has to do with our babies, this is a haven from politics for me.  My previous BMB group has ruined what we had with political opinions. 

• @mrs_fogue Respect is definitely key. One of my friends and I are pretty much opposites on the political spectrum but we can still have a conversation about our views without getting angry. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I thought 50 Shades of Grey was garbage (the book).

I got more excitement off of Western Romance Novels.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't understand the obsession with leggings. I can't stand having clingy clothes and the idea of skin tight fabric on my legs makes me itch. And cringe. I would much rather wear my loose fitting sweatpants, even though I have to change out of them when I go out of the house.
  • @Myelhsa I knew this would be a touchy subject 
  • sjohns08 said:
    I don't understand the obsession with leggings. I can't stand having clingy clothes and the idea of skin tight fabric on my legs makes me itch. And cringe. I would much rather wear my loose fitting sweatpants, even though I have to change out of them when I go out of the house.
    Yes!!!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • I think headband bands, particularly oversized ones, are so effing stupid on babies. They look terribly uncomfortable too. Whenever my SIL would take one off of her girls, there was a huge indent in the poor kids head. Made me cringe. 
  • I'm over the whole Oscar mess up. Yes, I get it was a big mess up on Hollywood's biggest night, but do we still need to be "investigating" it?? Can we just move on from it already?
  • My girls compete in dance and wear makeup and eyelashes and rhinestones on their faces. But I would never ever ever put them in a glitz pageant. I think glitz pageants are disgusting ( flippers, hair extensions, high heels, etc are just taking things a bit too far) 

I agree. Little kid pageants make me ill. I have similar feelings toward the "Bibbity bobbity boutique" at Disney. I don't mind the princess dresses, or even the hair, but when they slap a bunch of makeup and glitter on a three year old it just looks so wrong. However, now that I have a DD who is a little princess obsessed, and we are going to Disneyland in May, I may have to change my tune.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  •  @kkerner87 I like big bows and I can not lie!  :D Although they do come in various sizes and if you get one too small they do leave indentions which is terrible.  #BigBowResponsibly
  • I hate when people say "I just want a healthy baby." In response to asking boy/girl preference. It's fine if you don't have a preference but this response just oozes sanctimommy to me. We all want our babies to be healthy.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I don't like Harry Potter
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • I had a UO on Monday and figured I would save it for today then forgot it.  I've been spending all morning trying to remember what that was.  Without further adieu...

UO: I hate when people post their ultrasound pictures pointing out the babies genitals on social media.  You would never post nude photos of your child outside the womb, there is no difference.  There are too many freaks in this world. 

• @jessafishy I totally understand where you're coming from there! That said, that actually is my answer when people ask me. We tried so long and I have so much anxiety around this pregnancy that I'm taking it day by day and all I truly care about right now is having a healthy pregnancy. But I'm sure as I get a little more secure I'll start thinking more about the sex!

• @bluejeanbabi05 I by no means think that you should have a preference! I think there is a difference between saying you don't have a preference because you are just grateful the have a baby and saying "We are Team Healthy!" Because everyone is team healthy.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Tight leggings/pants = life. I can't even wear loose pjs to bed. They have to be tight.

I don't consider an ultrasound of a fetus the same as a nude baby picture and it doesn't offend me when people share them on FB.

NAF of big bows.

UO: I don't understand people who take all the pregnancy no-nos really seriously but then go eat fast food every day. I think a healthy, balanced diet that includes things like fresh sushi and deli meat in moderation, and even a small glass of wine here and there, is better and less risky to mom and baby than sticking to "safe" but unhealthy food.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jessafishy I'm not so sure about that...one of the BMBs (I forgot which) had a woman who admitted to crying the whole way home after finding out the sex :/

• @bluejeanbabi05 I suppose I should say... Normal people just want a healthy baby. They might have a preference for one sex over another but will be happy with either. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Uo for the area I live: I don't like modern country music. I can get down to late 90s early 2000s but stuff from today all sounds the same and its all "country boy/girl, dirt roads, hunting, beer, truck." I also have a strong dislike for cowgirl boots. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bluejeanbabi05 Thanks :) I work with mostly women so you'd think it'd be easier for me to just tell people but for some reason I feel so weird about it.  I told some people at work about the MC because I had to take time off afterwards, so I thought of course I'd feel comfortable telling them this good news, but I keep putting it off for some reason.  I prob need to do some navel-gazing and figure out what my deal is.
  • UO : Not really fond of the tv shows "Friends" or "Big Bang Theory" .... but I'll take Seinfeld all day.
    \

• feeislove said:
    Uo for the area I live: I don't like modern country music. I can get down to late 90s early 2000s but stuff from today all sounds the same and its all "country boy/girl, dirt roads, hunting, beer, truck." I also have a strong dislike for cowgirl boots. 

So much like for this.  I realized this year my distaste for current music. Guess I really am getting old and like my parents.  The 90s country station is where it's at now!   
  • @migdala oh yeah I'm not really talking about your situation. Obviously eating something is better than nothing! Hope you feel better.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @riverraine I full intend to indulge in soft cheeses while I'm in Paris next month if they're palatable by then  ;) I really hope I like food again before that trip, otherwise what a waste.
  • I eat deli meat decently often
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • @jessafishy I'm definitely guilty of just responding with "as long as it's healthy, we're good". I had a preference with each of my 3 kids, definitely, and we were fortunate enough to have what we "preferred" for each one. However, we had never experienced a loss until we started ttc #4. This is pregnancy #4 in the past year and we literally just want this to result in a healthy, happy baby. No preference, for the first time ever. All that said, I used to feel the same as you. I thought that comment was annoying, but now I totally get it. 
  • To be clear I have zero preference with this baby. The problem is not the not having a preference, it's the insinuation that you are somehow superior because the HEALTH of your baby is the most important thing to you. (Thereby saying that it is not important to those who do have a preference, which it is.) 

It's similar to the "just you wait" STM comments in my view.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I hate when people say "I just want a healthy baby." In response to asking boy/girl preference. It's fine if you don't have a preference but this response just oozes sanctimommy to me. We all want our babies to be healthy.

So much this. I feel like it's an uppity thing to say or an automatic response now because people get judged if they do say they have a preference. Of course everyone wants a healthy baby and if you have a preference then that is your right to have a preference - it is just an opinion.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker