Infertility
Options

New here

Hi everyone,

I am 25 years old. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a little over a year and a half. This would be our first. I found out I have PCOS. We have tried 6 cycles of times intercourse with letrozole, trigger shot, estrace and progesterone. I am not going to be trying IUI this upcoming cycle. A bit nervous about it.

I was just looking for some people to talk to and share their experiences. None of my friends have had problems conceiving, so they can only understand so much. 

Re: New here

• Options

@baseballhoney Welcome! I also have PCOS, my RE never had us do timed intercourse and sent us straight to IUI. I've done two cycles, both BFN so far. I'm not an old-timer by any means, but what makes you nervous about IUI? Maybe I can help.

---Trigger Warning, other people's pregnancies.

I can also relate to you with the friends not understanding bit. My best friend just had her first about a year ago, and my sister-in-law just announced her unplanned pregnancy right around the time we had our first failed IUI. It is really hard to be surrounded by others who don't quite get it, even when they try.

Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome aboard and hi!

___

Me: 27, DH: 28

TTC since late 2015.

PCOS.

Dec 2016 - IUI#1 BFN

Jan 2017 - IUI#2 BFN

• Options
    Hi! I have a friend with PCOS and her twins just turned a year old! I actually have a lot of people I know who have gone through fertility treatments but the ones who don't understand still get to me. I came to the boards for more support too, welcome!
    Me- 30 DH- 31
    Mild endo
    3 IUI's, Responded "too well" to meds, almost missed ovulation twice and 3rd IUI canceled due to missing it.
    IVF March/April 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello @baseballhoney
    I am also in the beginning of the tx aka finally started tx after years of freaking out haha
    but yeah, I suppose even though our tx are a bit different we are pretty much buddies, we all are buddies here haha
    Good luck love! xx
    PS this is my egg donation ivf cycle!
  • Options
    baseballhoneybaseballhoney member
    edited February 2017
    I hope it goes well for you!!
  • Options
    Just not quite knowing what is going to happen. I have read about it and had it explained to me. Just not knowing how it will feel or effect me.
  • Options
    @baseballhoney I do not have PCOS. I am 27 and my husband 35. We have been trying for about a year 3 months. After 10 months we went to doctor and we had a semen analysis done. After tests were done for me it is determined we had Male infertility. We did one IUI with femara and ovidrel trigger. BFN
  • Options
    ((Oh my gosh only a portion of my post made it)) where did the rest go!!! It was so long! Bottom line - don't be nervous. I was a basket case and was pleasantly surprised with positive results! Still in my TWW but I wouldn't put it off for anyone IVF is recommended too 
  • Options
    Hello, and welcome!  I pretty much joined because I feel the same way--I don't have any friends who have been through this.  Seems like anyone I know (omg I hate Facebook for this reason) who wants a baby gets pregnant as soon as they start trying.  I'm not intentionally jealous, but I really have pulled away from some people (temporarily, I hope.)  I just don't have the energy to explain something they won't understand...or to pretend I am excited for them.  Ugh I know that sounds terrible, but I guess that's why it's important to be true to myself at this time...if I know I can't be supportive, I just keep to myself :(
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Options
    ***TW*** 

Welcome! I am new to these boards too, but not new to infertility! I do not have PCOS, we had MIF issues, however I understand the questions and wondering. I too have no one in my close knit world who has had any issues currently- and its more then frustrating to see so many friends starting their families.... Fortunately I know one person that before she adopted she had MIF issues too (35-40 years ago now) and one friend with a MC of a unplanned pregnancy, which effected her quite deeply for quite some time. (She suffers from mild depression on occasion) They are not wanting to expand their family but she understands lose. So I have a few women in my corner who understand me somewhat. We just had our first IUI on the 23rd, so I am now in my TWW. Fortunately I have a group of about 5-6 women who pray with and for me daily. Even though most of them live out of state, they are all committed to loving and supporting me (via facebook pray chain email) in any way they can. I personally know all of them -many of them were my mother's dear friends, so they have adopted me into their lives). Having support, any support is always better then no support at all. I currently feel quite at ease and have chosen not to think about it right now (though the mind does try to wonder). I know its from the support and prayers I have.  I also feel like having had so many procedures and tests last year has helped me out with the TWW. Just about everything I had done required a waiting period to know the results. I've become accustomed to waiting. I tend to be a "black /white" person. More logical then emotional. Once I know the plan, what I need to do, what I can or cannot do, I am fine. Its when there is too many unknown variables that are outside of my control with no options or plans of action that I tend to get stressed. So if this IUI doesn't work, and the next 3 didnt work either- I will likely be far more stressed and emotional. Hopefully, not the case. But I have found out from a young age that life rarely takes the path we planned for it, but even in sorrow there is beauty. Our job is to find the beauty even when we cant change the world. 
  • Options
    @LoveDontCostAThing - I feel the same way sometimes! It can be so hard. That's why I came on here, find people in the same situation. I feel like I just can't feel happy for some of my friends but try to put on a happy face for them. I hope it passes, but who knows. 
  • Options
    My story is so similar to yours. I just have metformin also. It's really nice to have support! I haven't done IUI either.  Did the doctor recommend it for you or more timed intercourse? This journey really is hard.  I remember looking at my ovaries on an ultrasound and feeling so broken.  Then the tech said "You just started be patient"   um. thanks ultrasound tech.
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Options
    @Knottie1456269879 - my doc suggested IUI. We had done 6 cycles of timed intercourse. He told me that he isn't quite sure why we aren't pregnant yet. He thinks I may have some endometriosis in addition to the PCOS. The journey is hard, but hopefully this will work. I hope your journey gets easier for you!! What are you doing now?
  • Options
    @baseballhoney -I'm glad that you understand.  Sometimes I feel really mean for "not caring" about my friend's pregnancies/ new babies.  I have only been at all this for about a year and a half as well, but it still feels like forever.  It's like I can't believe some people just have sex and get pregnant...and they have no idea how lucky that is.  I swear I can now guess on Facebook based on when a couple gets married about when they will have a baby...it's always so quick :(
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Options
    @baseballhoney I am doing metformin, letrozole and did an HSG trigger shot. This last cycle I did another half HSG when my progesterone was 12 at day 7 which I don't really understand haha.  We are still doing timed intercourse but I'm much older than you are so they won't wait many more cycles.  Are they going to do something else with the endometriosis now? What do they do for that?  It's so confusing! You're not alone!! 

@LoveDontCostAThing facebook is the worst I agree!  
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• Options
    Endo can be removed through a laproscopy procedure
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  

• Options
    @Knottie1456269879 he said the treatment that he would suggest right away was IUI anyway. He's thinking the endo isn't bad since they haven't really seen it on any tests or ultrasounds. Our treatments do sound like they were pretty similar. Hopefully it works better for you than me!!