October 2017 Moms

Thickened Endometrial Stripe?

Has anyone ever been diagnosed with this?  My dr called me Thursday to tell me that the Radiologist "thought" he saw it on my u/s.  He ordered a repeat beta which I did this morning but this weekend wait is already killing me and it's only Friday!

Re: Thickened Endometrial Stripe?

• Did he not tell you when you asked what it means?
  • MyelhsaMyelhsa member
    edited February 2017
    From what I understand there's only cause for concern if you're post-menopausal or if it's thickening out of control.

From what I've read it appears that a "Thickened Endometrial Stripe" is just a fancy technical term for when your uterine lining thickens to prepare for an embryo. After thickening, we shed the lining monthly in the form of menstration, unless of course we are pregnant.

I would contact your doctor for answers, or perhaps google it a bit more to try to get a better understanding. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback.  I went back to the OB today and he shared that my beta from Friday to Monday only went up by 100 so he thinks this is a pregnancy that we are going to lose.  I go back tomorrow for another beta and he should have the results on Thursday.
  • Oh sorry you got crappy news. Fingers crossed you do get better news tomorrow!
  • amycnd said:
    Thanks for the feedback.  I went back to the OB today and he shared that my beta from Friday to Monday only went up by 100 so he thinks this is a pregnancy that we are going to lose.  I go back tomorrow for another beta and he should have the results on Thursday.
    I'm so sorry to hear this!! After googling it I was really hoping for a false alarm on this one.  :(

Ill keep you in my T&P tomorrow. *hugs*