September 2017 Moms

GTKY: Embarrassing school/childhood photos

I know a few of us liked the idea of doing a themed photo post every Wednesday, how about if you come up with the theme for the next week, you post the thread?

I made it school/childhood because I know at least one person here who was homeschooled, and I'm sure we've all got embarrassing photos to share!

Re: GTKY: Embarrassing school/childhood photos

• Aww @daniellelynette you're super cute, and you rocked those glasses and braces!  ;)  I have a similar picture from when I was 14(?). My mom is currently hunting it down. I'll post when she finds it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsmgsee lol cute is not how I would describe that lmao but thank you  :D I'm excited to see yours too! 
  • @MadisonInspires ooooh gurl yaaas. I wish I could get onto my myspace  :D
  • edited March 2017
    @daniellelynette I'm glad I can't! There's definitely enough on my facebook. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MadisonInspires I have a school picture SOMEWHERE I'll have to find when I go to my parents house, I think it was 9th grade... it's so painful. The emo phase hit so hard lmao
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    @MadisonInspires I found some pictures from my emo phase too lmao. I put a pattern thingy over a girl I couldn't crop out in the bottom one, not sure she wants her face online without permission lol ugh these are so painful lol

• Is it weird if I know someone who still wears that heavy eyeliner from their emo phase in high school at 28? 
  • @daniellelynette Oh man! Glad I'm not alone. I got another good one or two I'll throw on here after work. Studded choker and all. So glad my step mom "lost" my stupid Tripp pants. Lmao
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is it weird if I know someone who still wears that heavy eyeliner from their emo phase in high school at 28? 
    Asking for a friend? Lolololololol
    Lol nope! I don't even know know how to makeup so I only use mascara lol
  • @Becky012016 lol ah dang  :D I know women who still wear eyeliner like that too though
  • @daniellelynette this woman still goes to fall out boy concerts every year....like buys the tickets as soon as they're on sale.....
  • @daniellelynette this woman still goes to fall out boy concerts every year....like buys the tickets as soon as they're on sale.....
    Oh... wow.... lol that's dedication 
  • cmar1006 said:

The 90's were pretty special. This isn't my worst one, admittedly, but my mom was a crafty woman and loved to make me awesome bows (see above) and puff paint shirts for me. And those bangs. 

ETA: I love ALL of your photos! They are fantastic. 

Omg yes to the puff paint clothes lmao!! I had one with a cat iron on and puff paint hearts lmfaooo 
  • @daniellelynette YES! The cats! I wish I could find it. She puff painted 3 cats on a shirt for me. Oh man.. good times. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 I thought I was the only one with puff paint cat sweaters lmao! I wish I had some pictures but I think all of ours have been thrown away lol and she let me puff paint some jean shorts... flowers and lady bugs and stuff. Good times for sure lol
  • @daniellelynette hahahahaha yes of course I'm secretly a pregnant like 10 year old suri!!! No he definitely isn't but I've been asked several times throughout high school if he was my boyfriend. Ick
  • Lol @lap018 I know he's not the real tom cruise but he could make a convincing stand in. And that's really weird.... my dad was always mistaken for my grandpa when we went out in public lol poor guy.
  • @lap018 love the bangs! You were adorable!!!!! And yes, you're dad is definitely a hunk. Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well to be fair my dad is currently only 45 and I will be turning 27 this month, not to mention he just looks young anyways so all of that led to "is this your new boyfriend?" Ummm that's my dad.....
  • lap018 said:
    Well to be fair my dad is currently only 45 and I will be turning 27 this month, not to mention he just looks young anyways so all of that led to "is this your new boyfriend?" Ummm that's my dad.....
    Yeah see I never had that problem.. my dad turns 60 in a little over a week lol. We went to Culver's once when I was in junior high and the guy gave him the senior discount and told him how nice it was that he was taking his granddaughter out for ice cream.... I laughed SO HARD. Dad turned red lol. I probably would have fallen over in a hysterical laughing fit if someone ever thought he was my boyfriend lol
  • lap018 said:
    Well to be fair my dad is currently only 45 and I will be turning 27 this month, not to mention he just looks young anyways so all of that led to "is this your new boyfriend?" Ummm that's my dad.....
    Yeah see I never had that problem.. my dad turns 60 in a little over a week lol. We went to Culver's once when I was in junior high and the guy gave him the senior discount and told him how nice it was that he was taking his granddaughter out for ice cream.... I laughed SO HARD. Dad turned red lol. I probably would have fallen over in a hysterical laughing fit if someone ever thought he was my boyfriend lol
    Same. My dad is 69 this year. I'm 31. Never mistaken for boyfriend. Haha. I can't remember if he was ever confused for my grandfather. My parents both always looked pretty young for their age, I guess. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cmar1006 my dad looks his age, he went gray and started balding fairly early.. I think that's probably my fault lmao. Also he wasn't ever kind to his skin so he's getting kinda wrinkly. My mom still looks pretty young but she'll be 53 this year. She has some silver strands but not enough to make one think she's almost mid fifties.  
  • @Lizlann that made me laugh out loud  :D
  •  I was actually a pretty cute kid...and then I hit middle school. 
    Same. DH's nieces are in middle school now, and they're still cute...I've told him it's just weird, lol. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I was actually a pretty cute kid...and then I hit middle school. 
    Same. DH's nieces are in middle school now, and they're still cute...I've told him it's just weird, lol. 
    Kids these days definitely aren't going through awkward stages. I look at my nieces aged 13-19 and they have all been so cute through awkward school years. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrsmarygsmrsmarygs member
    edited March 2017
    Re: the whole daddy's a hunk and Tom Cruise conversation.
    My sister has a photo of my parents when they were first dating, and my dad legit looks like Tom Cruise from Top Gun, jacket and aviators and everything. I'm trying to get her to find the photo...and apparently she also knows where my old junior high photos are too.

Edit:
    cmar1006 said:
     I was actually a pretty cute kid...and then I hit middle school. 
    Kids these days definitely aren't going through awkward stages. I look at my nieces aged 13-19 and they have all been so cute through awkward school years. 
    I agree! There are 12-year-olds running around with better contour and winged eyeliner than I can do... :s
    Pregnancy Ticker