September 2017 Moms

Stupid Questions 2/25

Re: Stupid Questions 2/25

• @daniellelynette @amandarene112 do the over bellies work if you really don't have any belly at all to hold them up?  I was thinking it might fall down and bunch...

• @RedBreast35  Old Navy has some great under the belly maternity leggings, also their work pants that have the side paneling are great. I'm not a big fan of the full panel yet, maybe later in pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • @RedBreast35 I second Old Navy leggings - but I just got the high rise ones in the regular work-out section, not maternity. I also love H&M maternity jeans. I bought the Mama Skinny jeans a few weeks ago when I was too bloated to fit in my old jeans. They have the full belly band, but it stays up even though I don't have much of a bump yet (but the bloat/carb-o-load weight gain is still there). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • lap018 said:
    @daniellelynette please let us know about how they look/fit and their quality, I have been so tempted to get some of those too but I don't usually buy from Walmart, of course with maternity clothes they aren't worn for years and years so that helps but let me know!
    Oh I will, I figured at $13 a pair if they weren't that great it wouldn't be a huge loss! I've bought some really great maternity shirts from there recently, some not so great... in case anyone was wondering if you're buying Walmart maternity clothes steer clear of the "due time" brand, the shirts shrunk so small DS could wear them. And I washed them in cold and dried on low heat. But great expectations shirts and Planet motherhood have good quality shirts. We have NOWHERE around here for maternity clothes so when I found some good ones at Walmart I was pleasantly surprised. But I'll definitely update about the jeans!
  • @RedBreast35 I think as long as you get the right size the band should stay up okay, I've got a pair that I just fold over though and that seems to work okay
  • @RedBreast35 I also folded my panel at first, but this weekend my belly popped a little bit, and now it states up just fine. But one of my friends swore by the Old Navy bellow-belly pants with the side elastic her whole pregnancy, so if you aren't sure, it may be worth it to try some on and get a feel for what will be comfortable for you. Good luck! This is such as awkward time body-wise, it's hard to know if I'll like and feel comfortable in something a week from now that I love today.  

• @RedBreast35 that's where I was during my first pregnancy (I exploded this one), but I went ahead and jumped and bought some maternity pants right away because I am also cheap. I didn't want to buy bigger pants and then also have to buy Maternity Pants. The maternity pants were a little big at first, but it wasn't horrible. I got mine from Target and later Motherhood.

• I also got a nice pair from motherhood. I'm wearing them right now  :# the other day I was wearing them and when I went to take them off that night DH was like "Wait those are maternity jeans?? I didn't even know! You can't even tell!" So that made me feel good  :)
  • @RedBreast35 I've been using the bella band since week 10 and will likely jump into maternity (full panel) jeans as soon as they're back from being hemmed.  I opted for full panel because the side panel ones fit a little funny on me.  The full panel's not super snug but they definitely don't slide down.  I agree with @DPandMB that I wouldn't want to buy bigger jeans, only to have to buy maternity pants in a month or so. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • I've been wearing a lot of stretchy skirts and luckily my work pants were a little big, and now they are not. I've been wearing my maternity shirts already since I don't want my shirts so tight.
  • I wore regular leggings until I gave birth. I just had the band under my belly. I didn't get very wide though so it worked for me. I like the jeans from old navy with the side panels. This time around I find I am outgrowing my clothes faster. I still wear regular yoga pants and leggings. My favorites are lularoe leggings and bamboo yoga pants. It's hot where I live and the bamboo pants are awesome. Thinking of getting a pair of legging capris from Amazon for the summer. 
  • Has anyone else ever heard about the "gender nub" theory.? Apparently the ultrasound technicians can give you a "guess" about the baby's gender based on the angle of the gender tubercle.. I have looked it up on Google and the theory sounds pretty real and amazingly accurate. Just curious if anyone has any more info on this and has anyone had any accurate guesses based on this theory.? 
  • ok, so i have to do the glucose test "early" (basically before my appointment next friday). How horrible is it? Any hints on getting better results? Nurse said don't eat cake or be really bad the 2 days before the test. So...what say you?
  • @lahearn18 I had 2 eggs and a piece for plain whole wheat toast beforehand and passed. I just googled GD diet and ate one of the recommended breakfast ideas beforehand. You can't "trick" the test if you truly have GD but the odds of it manifesting this early are small. 
  • Are video monitors really worth the cost?
  • @Becky012016 they are testing me early because of my weight, but despite my weight I eat really healthy and am active. So I'm more annoyed than anything with the test. Sorry if I misworded the "trick the test" part, more meaning to make sure I don't eff it up and eat something I shouldn't. But thanks! I will look up some meals.
  • @lahearn18 I personally don't think the drink was very bad, but when I got to pick I went with lemon lime instead of orange because I really don't like fake orange. It just tasted like flat sprite, it wasn't bad at all! So make sure you go with a flavor you know you won't mind lol. I was running late the morning of my test and didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, so I unintentionally fasted before my test. Didn't mean to, but I ended up passing. But I've also heard about eggs for breakfast! 
  • @lahearn18 I get doctors being concerned about weight and GD but honestly skinny people get GD too so if they want to test early, they should test everyone. I wouldn't stress about the test this early :) 
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited February 2017
    Are video monitors really worth the cost?
    Yes. So much.
    Edited because bump ate my post.... but we've got this really awesome one with two cameras and it has awesome night vision. I freakin love it. Take it everywhere with me. It really is worth it not only for the peace of mind being able to see them but I can also talk to him through it... I really love it!
  • @redbreast35 I would suggest just biting the bullet and doing maternity pants. I was wearing maternity pants even before my BFP leftover from a huge maternity clothes sale I raided before I had my loss in the summer. I just folded the full belly pannel down if it bothered me, but it usually didn't bother me too much. (The sale was so great I got pants in my size AND in a size up since I figured my butt and legs would also grow, so the pannel on the size up would be way too big to wear comfortably with no bump, but the pannel in the ones of my current size isn't THAT loose, so unless you're super thin, it would probably be fine :)

Why not go out and try a bunch of stuff on in stores to see what you like?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited February 2017
    @Becky012016 I feel like I should add that the parent unit plugs in to charge like a phone kind of and that lasts a long time so you can take it with you and not have to plug that in, just the cameras I have to keep plugged in

edited for words.. also sorry I'm going on and on about this lol
  • @daniellelynette thanks! i hope i get a choice, i really doubt I will...lovely Navy Medicine...we'll see. I hope there is a choice because I HATE artificially orange flavored stuff. 
  • @Becky012016 my husband and I just put up a nest cam in my DS room and we can see him from our phones any time any where it's fantastic! 
  • @lahearn18 I hope you get a choice! There were only two choices at my doctors office last time, but I'm going to a different place this time so I don't know what to expect. I remember someone on here saying their doctor let them drink chocolate milk and eat donuts or something like that.... that would be the best! Lol!
  • labby18labby18 member
    edited February 2017
    @daniellelynette may the odds ever be in our favor. ps i just saw my inbox and replied
  • My stupid question is..... is it bad to sleep on your pack while pregnant.  I know I read it somewhere and I try hard not to but I promise I wake up and darn it if I'm not on my back!!!! 
  • @bassoondiva It's not until the baby gets a little bigger that it becomes dangerous. Around the start of the second trimester is when they recommend you stop sleeping on your back because the pressure it puts on major blood vessels can stop the blood flow to your baby.
    I used to find myself on my back a lot, but I'm beginning to feel more uncomfortable now when I lie down just because of the pressure I can feel. I've also found it helps to sleep with a body pillow.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Totally agree with @mrsmgsee about the body pillow. I couldn't get comfortable without it when I was pregnant with DS, it really helps. It kept me off my back and off my stomach too. It also helped with hip pain. Definitely going to break it out soon. 
  • @bassoondiva sometimes you can't help it if you roll over, but if you just put a pillow behind your back while laying on your side it will help keeping you from rolling all the way onto your back and keep you propped up on your side.
  • @bassoondiva
    1) not btdt, but I've heard that when it's unsafe for you to sleep on stomach/back it will be very uncomfortable for you to do so, so you won't go to that position in your sleep and/or you'll wake up if you accidentally try to.
    2) are you a bassoonist?

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @Becky012016 video monitors are totally worth it. It was such a piece of mind when we first transitioned into the crib from her basinet. Tip for everyone on money saving. There is a website, woot.com and they have daily deals. They often carry the Motorola Pet monitor. It is identical to the baby monitors Babies R US sells.  The only difference is they are black instead of white, but they are about half the price. Comes with two monitors. Totally worth it.

• @bassoondiva cool! I played flute, but not in college. My school's orchestra practices conflicted with a night class I had to take in first year and I never got back into it :(  In highschool though, we'd have random days at the end of the year or when we had supply teachers when we'd switch instruments. Those double reeds are tricky!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• I'm not giving up sushi. That being said I've only eaten sushi from a restaurant that I frequented before I got pregnant and I have never gotten sick from it. It's probably not the best time to try grocery store sushi though :)

Over the belly maternity pants are awesome because they're more forgiving on growing love handles and as a plus if you live somewhere it's cold it gives a nice extra layer of warmth for your tummy :)

• I'm eating sushi, mostly cooked. 
    Highly recommend video monitor.
    bought maternity pants already bc my pants were bothering my stomach. They're big but I didn't want to buy bigger size of regular pants and then have to buy maternity pants later on. 
    I think I did the orange glucose drink and didn't think it was that bad... also, I don't like a lot of sodas and juices (fruit punch, orange soda, etc.), so that's saying something. But I think different OB's/labs have a few different flavors.
  • @BigBadWolf12 kudos to you cause I couldn't play the flute to save my life!!! I love the instrument and the sound is beautiful but I could never play it.  Glad to meet a fellow musician!!!!