Baby Names

Cassian

DS is Roman Carter.

DH & I are considering Cassian pronounced Cash-uhn for DS #2. I know a lot of people are pronouncing it Cass-ee-uhn but we're going with the original pronunciation.

I am looking for MN suggestions for Cassian.

I'm thinking a 1-2 syllable MN (no C, H or A). Our last name has 2 syllables. We'll probably also go with something classic/familiar since Cassian is not common. 

TIA!

Red (30) & DH (30) m. 08'

IVF #2  Roman Carter  8/3/16 (40+6)

5 frozen embryos 

Re: Cassian

• Cassian Paul
    Cassian Eli
    Cassian Jack/ John/ James
    Cassian Reid 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I wish you luck with pronunciation, we have had a hell of a time with our sons name.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is your son's name Cassian?

5 frozen embryos 

• Reid is lovely!

DO you think Cassian Reid would be weird with Roman Carter because their initials are reversed? Am I thinking too much into that?

5 frozen embryos 

• I love this name but I won't use it bc Tbh I can't pronounce it! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Reid is lovely!

DO you think Cassian Reid would be weird with Roman Carter because their initials are reversed? Am I thinking too much into that?
    I actually think that's pretty cool!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • I wish you luck with pronunciation, we have had a hell of a time with our sons name.
        What is the name?
  • I like it but people will mispronounce it for sure! But whatever... you have that with a lot of names... I didn't think Silas (my son) was hard to pronounce but a surprising number of people get that wrong! 

I think Reid is great and not weird about the initials. 
  • I like it but people will mispronounce it for sure! But whatever... you have that with a lot of names... I didn't think Silas (my son) was hard to pronounce but a surprising number of people get that wrong! 

I think Reid is great and not weird about the initials. 
    Ditto this. It's made me more open to less common names, since people are so idiotic about traditional ones anyway. 

I think Cassian is cool - didn't realize that pronunciation existed, so I would pronounce it wrong even though I know the name. I think the initials are fine, using Reid. It's a solid name. 
  • I immediately knew by looking at it how to pronounce it. It's like Lucien, which I happen to prefer to Cassian but that may just be me. I also like that Luciens can go by Luc (pron. Luke) when they are on a football field/baseball field/hockey rink. Gives them options. 
  • Glad to hear you knew how to pronounce it! I never thought that it's like Lucien; I'm going to bring that up to my husband!

To me people mispronouncing it is not a deal breaker. Annoying but not a deal breaker.

It's like Bri-anna & Bri-awhna...........Air-ee-elle & Are-ee-elle....

5 frozen embryos 

• good luck!
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I think it'll be more than a pronunciation issue. If you say it, most people won't know how to spell it. Idk. I could just see it being really annoying. 
    Good luck.