Thursday Ticker Change 2-23

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What was the last new movie you saw and did you like it?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 2-23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kat81 Love The Martian! We bought that one. I just watched it last week after Interstellar (apparently I was feeling spacey).
  • Options
    @kat81 Love The Martian! We bought that one. I just watched it last week after Interstellar (apparently I was feeling spacey).
    Ha, I almost included this part in my update but left it out, and that is that we watched Interstellar just a little bit before we watched The Martian! It was also so funny to see Matt Damon in completely different roles in the two space movies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @march2008 I'm glad to hear about your experience with the glucose test. I just did mine and was feeling so weak about 30 min into it. I was worried that might be a bad sign.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks 

How big is baby? zucchini

Any appointments this week? I have one next Wed. It seems unreal that I'm already at the "get seen every 2 weeks" mark. 

Symptoms? I have been so crabby lately, and I can't seem to make it stop. Most of the things that are annoying me are really dumb, too (like when my boss comes in and kind of sing-songs "Gooooooooood morning". Calm down, woman. It's 7:30, there's no reason to be so chipper!).

Cravings? Sweets, all day, every day. I'm trying to make a real effort to get that in check, but I also kind of don't want to!

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

Rants/Raves/Questions? I passed the 3 hour glucose test, thankfully. That's got me pretty excited!!

GTKY: What was the last new movie you saw and did you like it? I honestly don't even know the last movie I watched, period, much less the last new one. Next weekend, my in laws are coming over for their standing once-a-month baby sitting, and we talked about locking ourselves in the media room and watching something. Knowing me, I'll probably fall asleep half way through!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    How far along? 30 weeks!!

How big is baby? A zucchini! 

Appts this week: Friday morning. Follow-up from finding out I have GD & for dr to evaluate how things are going after 1 week of blood sugar testing 4x/day & dietary changes. Not on any medications yet. 

Symptoms: Hip pain while sleeping. Here's a lack of one: For weeks, the app has been telling me I should have heartburn, but I have only had it twice this whole pregnancy & that was ages ago. Amazed I am somehow escaping heartburn (probably just jinxed myself).

Cravings: Still milk & pizza. Add cheesecake. 

Team Pink! 

Rant: I have a boy in my class that asks us to pray for his cousin, a soldier, every day, which is fine. But my rant is every day he tells us where this cousin is & it's always somewhere different & far away from where he said the previous day. It is just starting to get on my nerves. He's been doing this all school year. How do you know every day where this soldier cousin is?? Why does your cousin move so rapidly from place to place? Example: This week supposedly the cousin went from Afghanistan to New York to Ireland to Macedonia. Last week he was in Iran, Iraq, & New Jersey. 

GTKY: The last new movie I saw was A Dog's Purpose. I did like it. My husband & I both cried. We are dog lovers. 

• Options
    @ChristinaWild Seriously, the chipper morning people just make me angrier
  • Options
    I -think- I passed the glucose test. I won't have my appointment where they'll discuss it until next week, but my online results are already up and my number was in the "standard range". *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? Eggplant 

Any appointments this week?Had my 1hr glucose on Tuesday, still waiting on results. 

Symptoms? Heartburn like crazy and some lower back and hip pain. 

Cravings? Fresh fruit and grilled shrimp tacos 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

Rants/Raves/Questions? DH is driving me nuts with procrastinating on cleaning out our home office/guest room and getting the nursery set up! I'm pinning him down this weekend and getting some work done on it! 

GTKY: What was the last new movie you saw and did you like it? In theaters...probably Finding Dory (which I loved) I think, we never go to the theater anymore! Last non kid movie was at home with DH, we watched 13 Hours and I liked it too. 

• Options
    @starphish18 - hooray!!!!!! Such a good feeling!

• Options
    How far along are you? 29w

How big is baby? Acorn squash apparently

Any appointments this week? I had a check up yesterday, officially cleared of GD and am mildly anemic, nothing interesting to report.

Symptoms? Few, I can't breathe or move properly, sleeping is awful, I can't eat a lot at once, but nothing that I would call "symptoms" 

Cravings? Red meat! But that is also explained by my anemia

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am pretty much ready for a newborn, I need some more wraps and small things like socks and bibs but everything else is ready! I want to do some more decorating and organisation in the nursery but that's minor.

GTKY: What was the last new movie you saw and did you like it?
    Cant even remember, it's been so long since I've been to the movies :-/
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? App says lettuce. My growth scan last week said 1lb 15oz, 52%ile.

Any appointments this week? I had my monthly OB check this week. Time for the glucose test. 

Symptoms? Mild occasional heartburn, RLP, BH, pregnancy rhinitis.

Cravings? None

Rants/Raves/Questions? None

GTKY: What was the last new movie you saw and did you like it? As in, went to the theater? Bad Moms, and it was hysterical. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks (and 3 days, a little late)

How big is baby? Eggplant

Any appointments this week? Had one Thursday, along with the glucose test. Wasn't so bad! It was at 2pm after teaching K the whole morning so I think my body actually enjoyed the sugar rush. Hoping I passed!

Symptoms? Harder to get comfortable in bed, but once I'm asleep all is well. Achy muscles/back, exhausted by 1pm, some heartburn, and gas in the evenings. Fun stuff.

Cravings? Chocolate and carbs. Haven't been able to eat quite as much as baby is starting to squish my belly, which is probably a good thing.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: My work actually asked us to get kids to stay before/after school so we can individually test them because they don't want to give us time during the day. Our school day is already 8.5 hours a day, and we're still expected to teach/prep for lessons (using our prep time to test now of course), and have minimal to no lunch breaks during these 2 1/2 weeks. I'm so ready for maternity leave!

Rave: My baby shower back home is today!!! I flew home a few days ago and fly back tomorrow. I'm so excited to see all my family and friends and can't believe how generous they have already been with gifts. I really feel ready for baby with all this stuff! Plus my mom/ sister/ mother in law are doing such an amazing job putting everything together in a woodland theme, it's adorable! :D

GTKY: What was the last new movie you saw and did you like it? Some movie DH picked about a boxer...I don't remember. It was ok. We've been watching the show The Americans lately and I'm hooked!
  • Options
    redheelerredheeler member
    edited February 2017
    @chailife34 seeing as I have only posted in 2 ticker changes and haven't been voted off the island, I think you're safe :wink:
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @chailife34 - welcome to the Thursday party!