Infertility

Newbie... Superovulation?

Hello friends!

This is my first medicated cycle. I was on Letrozole from CD3-7. Went in for bloodwork & transvaginal ultrasound from CD9-11 (today). Got results today saying that I am on the verge of ovulation! 

We were going to use Ovidrel but I guess we don't need it because I'm ovulating on my own. 

I have 2 follicles on the right 23mm and 15mm and 1 on the left at 13mm. 

So my questions: 
1. How do I know how many follicles will ovulate? 
2. Does it have any impact that I didn't have Ovidrel? 

Thanks in advance!!
unexplained infertility.
started ttc dec 2015. started working with RE in jan 2017.
cycle 14: femara (3 follicles), ti. 

Re: Newbie... Superovulation?

• 1. Probably all if medicated?
    2. Ovidrel probably would have provided a "stronger" ovulation. Many of us do ovulate on our own- triggers are given for optimal timing purposes and strong ovulations
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Welcome!
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the clarification @rainbowwishes5

I was afraid that the Ovidrel was required for superovulation and that a natural ovulation wouldn't be able to get multiple follicles. 
    unexplained infertility.
  • Ovidrel really just helps with timing of ovulation. The femara or Clomid is what produces multiple follies and your body should ovulate without the trigger. You should ovulate all of the mature follies.
  • Sometimes they will have you take an ovulation test and see if you have an LH surge.  If you don't for whatever reason.... enter Ovidrel :) 
    • Me: 36 DH: 33
    • TTC since June 2016
    • Me: PCOS DH: Morphology 1%
    • 3 TI with Famera and trigger shots-BFN
    • 3 IUI's with Famera and trigger shots- BFN
    • IVF August 2017 25 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 13 fertilized (ICSI), 5 frozen, 3 PGS normal 
    • FET November 2017 Transferred one 6 day blast (a little GIRL) BFP EDD 8/4/18

• thanks everyone!! oh phew. i really talked myself into a worry thinking that i'd only ovulate 1 follicle because we are skipping ovidrel. I had a blood test & ultrasound for 3 consecutive days and they called me yesterday to tell me i was gearing up to ovulate. 

I can also definitely tell that something is different this cycle - i do get ovulation pain, but never to this degree. my lower abdomen is super sore, almost sore to touch. 
    unexplained infertility.