March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 2/27

Re: Randoms! 2/27

• Seriously wondering if I can encourage baby to come out by pushing...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @KellyT22 pushing like in labor or pushing on your belly? Haha DS has made my belly his perch so not sure if belly pushing will do anything but I do joke that it's why she's sitting so damn low 

i have an entire line up of plans to do on Saturday to try to get things going that night or Sunday lol .. that's the convenient date I've been imposing on her.. aka probably not gunna happen
  • @gators&bosox Maybe a little of both! DS is obsessed with climbing on my belly, but I'm thinking maybe if I do some labor pushes the baby will glide right out. lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 you got this! Two more days and its a March baby!
  • @Shazzie116 Same boat.. no name. I have a list and SO hasn't even tried to think of any names.
  • I put my DD down for a nap early because I'm super tired... and it worked! She actually fell asleep, I'm amazed. Off to read and nap myself now :smile:
  • @Shazzie116 Same. No names here yet and the people who consistently ask if we have names picked out hasn't been annoying at all.  B) Honestly if we did have names picked, we wouldn't tell anyone anyway. Learned that lesson the last time around. Way too many unsolicited opinions to count. 
  • @direwolfmini thats so sweet! and yay for fixed doors... there is a laundry list of things i need to call base maintenance for but they suck and i guarantee they'll come during nap time.. so i'm waiting until DH is on paternity leave and i have extra hands
  • I have no idea what I want for dinner, but I want something really really good and satisfying.  DH is off today and he said I could have it for you when you get home, and I said I don't know what it is!!  ugh.  Very frustrating.  

also - I just want to be done work for the day/week.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • @mecoats

shrimp scampi
    fajitas
    breakfast for dinner
    country fired chicken with mashed potatoes
  • @Gators&BoSox - I had Shrimp Scampi yesterday at my shower, and it was disappointing. :( I think I'm going against the GD diet tonight and getting a meatball parmigiana sub (or hoagie -wherever you are!), and cheese fries.  I want to be satisfied....Will deal with the finger prick when I have to.  Thanks for the suggestions!  I think the chicken fried chicken with mashed potatoes sound glorious too!   and Pancakes. I feel like I just want everything.  
  • Oh gee i didn't offer up very GD friendly options did i?! Meatball parm sounds good! (It's called a grinder where I'm from lol) oh and loaded cheese fries would be to die for!
  • @mecoats have you tried two ingredient pancakes?? Banana and eggs. I really like them just as much as regular pancakes.
  • @Gators&BoSox - a meatball grinder sounds amazing right now! Unfortunately, baby hates garlic so everytime I get one I can only take a bite because its tastes funky.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @runboorun oh goodness i don't know if i could handle a garlic hating baby lol i think its half of my diet! 
  • @mecoats I feel the same way....since I know I'm being induced on Friday I've been a little more lax with my GD...I just want to #EatAllTheThings...I even bought some stuff at the store last night that I can snack on once I deliver...and I still really want sushi...hopefully DH will bring me some after the little guy comes
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• @Gators&BoSox - It's been real fun. Been since the first trimester. Chicken parm is my absolute favorite food and is what I want pronto post labor.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @kjd291 - Before becoming pregnant I was using Herbalife and would make pancakes out of the protein and healthy meal for that, they were ok, but not as good as the fluffy deliciousness you get from iHop.  But you're two ingredient pancakes sound great!  I LOVE bananas!!  

@ngcsugirl1112 - I feel like I've basically given up on the GD diet for the next two weeks.  I mean, I'm still checking and limiting, but if I really want something, I'm not going to say no!  I just want to be happy the next two weeks, and if a meatball sub and cheese fries make me happy, I'm gonna do it!

@Gators&BoSox - I totally forgot some people call them grinders.  Whatever they are called, i can't wait for the delicousness.  and @RunBooRun - I'm sorry baby hates garlic.  That would be terrible for me, especially since I had Shrimp Scampi yesterday, and chicken parm would be a great after labor meal!  
  • Yummmm. After labor goodness.  I told DH he could go grab us FiveGuys burgers from across the street from the hospital after baby instead of hospital cafeteria food. 
  • Our hospital surprisingly has good food.. and it's free for both mom and DH! And they encourage you to order two meals each.. you just have to add some salt
  • @RunBooRun @gators&bosox last baby I had a painful blocked duct and was eating garlic to prevent infection (garlic oil is antimicrobial). I was downing raw cloves, I probably ate about 12 in one day. OMG the milk was so intensely garlicky. And I reeked for days! But it prevented mastitis so I consider it a win. 

Strangely the baby didn't mind it but my husband did.
  • is anyone else mildly obsessing over what they are wearing to the hospital? i don't put any thought into what i wear on a daily basis but apparently my pregnant brain MUST plan out every detail of what will be on my body for the entire hour it'll take to get things together, get to the hospital and change into a gown. And it's literally just black leggings, a sports bra, tshirt and a headband. So strange lol
  • So, we live in an apartment and our upstairs neighbors can be loud, noisy at any hour. Today we saw a policeman show up and it seemed like an eviction notice. Not wishing ill on anyone but some quiet for when the baby comes home would be nice.
  • @kjd291 I was just saying after dinner tonight that I want Five Guys!! Yum! I don't know if I can wait until after delivery. 

@Cbeanz Now I need to watch the movie because I have never seen it!

@Gators&BoSox agreed! I thoroughly enjoyed the hospital food last time... amazing banana bread platter for breakfast! They let husbands order for pretty cheap, too. Yummmmmm
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Husband and I got a LOT done this weekend - he has been a real trooper, just taking orders with little to no complaining, and we knocked out so much baby prep that, for the first time in a week, I am able to lay down in bed and not almost cry thinking about how I'm wasting time trying to sleep when I could be accomplishing things.  The biggest relief: the bedroom is all cleaned (and it was seriously awful - he and I are both terrible about keeping things clean) and the crib is built!  Now we're just trying to see if we can teach the cats that the crib is NOT for them.  Don't really have the money for a crib tent, so right now, we're trying the tin foil deterrent.  Anyone have any other suggestions in case that doesn't work?  I am dying to put on the crib sheets and the mobile and deck it all out, but don't want to do that if the cats are going to think it's all for their benefit!
  • kjd291 said:
    Oooh. I found a better one. Bahaha

OMG! That is too much!! I did check in to look for you this morning not gonna lie. Still rooting for you @kjd291!
  • @kjd291 i think i remember that your due date got changed? out of curiosity what was it originally?
  • MMaru said:
    Husband and I got a LOT done this weekend - he has been a real trooper, just taking orders with little to no complaining, and we knocked out so much baby prep that, for the first time in a week, I am able to lay down in bed and not almost cry thinking about how I'm wasting time trying to sleep when I could be accomplishing things.  The biggest relief: the bedroom is all cleaned (and it was seriously awful - he and I are both terrible about keeping things clean) and the crib is built!  Now we're just trying to see if we can teach the cats that the crib is NOT for them.  Don't really have the money for a crib tent, so right now, we're trying the tin foil deterrent.  Anyone have any other suggestions in case that doesn't work?  I am dying to put on the crib sheets and the mobile and deck it all out, but don't want to do that if the cats are going to think it's all for their benefit!
    I'm just covering the crib with a blanket. We'll take the blanket out before baby goes in and then throw it back on top when baby isn't in the crib.

I think once baby is home, they won't be interested in the crib because anything that moves on its own freaks them out. My sister said that her cat was super protective of her kids, but he wouldn't hang out within arms reach. He used to sleep next to the crib, but never in it. I'm hoping for the same.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• @kjd291 i think i remember that your due date got changed? out of curiosity what was it originally?
    I was nursing and hadn't had a true period so when I got a BFP I thought I could be due anytime from feb- march because I had one random day of super light spotting that could have been a period or implantation or something completely different. Which is why I started hanging out here! 

So yeah, If LMP was that one day of really light due date would have been 2/21 instead of 2/19 that U/S dated me at. ((So pretty close)) Midwives said they'd prefer to use US dating to set due date since I didn't have a regular period/cycle/nursing, etc. 
  • We have had to start putting our 2 cats in the basement at night as they jump on the crib at night. Not in the crib yet but on the rail. If I just close the door they scratch at the door all night and meow - they're not declawed. It is sooooo annoying. @MMaru
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • @kjd291 I love the positive energy! I can promise you if I was 9 days overdue, I wouldn't be as happy haha
    I'm rooting for you and that baby girl! 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17