Pregnant after IF

Feb- PAIF graduates - new mamas

1234568»

Re: Feb- PAIF graduates - new mamas

• I have @griffin5413, right after Pia was born and every month. It is definitely worse as it was. Before I hardly noticed I had my period. 
    Now I'm in discomfort and it takes days with way more bleeding. I also am
    in discomfort around ovulation. 
    I had 3 now and they all sucked :(

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I got my period and it seems like it's going on for a while i felt like there was never a break from the birth bleeding till now. I don't have any pain other then some back pain that is minimal 
  • Loading the player...
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited February 2017
    @dragonfaerie Vince has had some spurts for sure ... I had one rough week earlier on where it felt like Vince was feeding constantly . It did seem like my supply was having a hard time keeping up with him . I was suspecting he was getting upset having to work hard for my milk so I did just keep breastfeeding . On one occasion I gave him a bottle of pumped milk bc he was just too upset . I've done some power pumping to help increase my supply . I also eat a lot of oatmeal and drink mothers milk tea . These things have seemed to have helped ! On a different note I too bled for a long time . My bleeding stopped around 7 weeks
    @ultratomato your doc may tell you differently but my doc specifically told me to not give Vince Tylenol unless he needed it after his shots . He did end up needing it - he had a screaming fit and low grade fever the evening after his shots . It worked within 15-20 min to calm him . 

still no period over here ... 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @mskeenan Glad I'm not the only one! I feel bad giving up and giving him a bottle,  but I just could not take the fussing and pulling at me anymore. I did pump once a day to cover myself though. I had to pump today too because my milk supply caught up to his demand, and then he hardly ate anything during his 2am feeding, so I was super uncomfortable. We seem to be over the rough patch though. 
    Are you bfing exclusively? I read that if you bf at least three hours a day then you may not get a period. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie yes I am breastfeeding exclusively . I know the feeling of feeling bad about the bottle but try not to feel bad . Sometimes the boobs need a recovery :) pumping is a pain in the butt. Now that Vince is sleeping for seven hours at a time sometimes I have to get up and pump bc my boobs get so engorged . Hopefully my body will adjust to his new schedule . But I know his sleep schedule can change at any time . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan It's true, especially when they get all wiggly and pull at you. I can't believe how long Vince is sleeping! That's awesome!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We get advices against giving medication before the shot @ultratomato. They say they reduce the effect. 
    We are allowed to give something afterwards, but only if they have a fever and need to contact the doctor before giving.
    Pia has had her shot twice. First time was not a problem, she only slept a lot. The second time she wasn't a happy camper and was a little warm, but no fever. I decided not to give her anything, but just kept her close and fed her anytime she wanted as it wasn't a fever.

Way to go Vince @mskeenan! 7 hours is wonderful, hope he keeps it up!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @mskeenan -wow 7 hours! I'm so jealous but so happy for you guys! Maybe Eli will follow suit soon. His first stretch is typically4-5 hours. 
    @ultratomato I gave Eli Tylenol after. The shots were no fun and definitely harder on me than on him. It's no fun to see someone cause any kind of pain to my baby!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I spoke too soon . Tonight Vince is up after 3 hours . Oh well ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Anyone else's babies have their day and night confused? I think we're having that issue here. Aiden can sleep 4-5 hour stretches during the day and then be up every 2-3 hours at night. I've tried keeping him up longer during the day, playing with him, reading, singing, etc...but once he gets fussy and wants to sleep, there's not much I can do to stop him. I wish he could sleep 4-5 hours at a time during the night. It also takes him longer to fall asleep at night. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @mskeenan Aw man! Hopefully this is a fluke and you get anothwr good stretch tomorrow 
    @Tulips29 It's pretty common. My friend's kids even switched back and forth once or twice before finally figuring it out. You might be doing this, but during the day, keep it bright and noisier, even during his naps. Then make the house dark and quiet when you want him to sleep. Eventually he'll get there. Hugs!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ah man Vince! Come on dude, you can do it, give your mommy the 7 hours back ;)

Nooo Aiden, I know you have mommy to yourself at night, but she needs her sleep! Get those cuddles done during the day.

What @dragonfaerie sounds how I do it. And the extra playing @tulips29 we do too.
    Think you just have to keep hanging in there. Just don't keep him awake til he gets fuzzy, try to avoid that, but slowly add an extra few minutes awake time. 
    How long is he awake during naps?
    And at night, can you put him down and he's just awake in bed or do you need to entertain him?

• @dragonfaerie yea we do all that, it doesn't work. This weekend my parents had a few people over and they were super loud during dinner. Aiden slept the entire time. Then he came home and was up during the night. :disappointed:

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 That's frustrating,  I'm sorry :( You'll probably have to just keep at it, and eventually he'll learn. It's so hard when there's not an easy fix.  Are you able to nap with him at least?

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Tulips29 that's so frustrating! I was just reading one of the articles that pops up on the app about helping baby when they have mixed up Day and night and with healthy sleep habits.  I'm sure you are already doing a lot of it. One of the things it talked about was trying not to wait until they are fussy to sleep and seeing the signs before. Then putting baby to sleep or down for a nap at that point. It even talked about doing a mini version of your nightime routine around a nap (like sing a song or put them down awake). 

@capps42613- let us know how your first day back to work goes! 

So Eli keeps rolling over at night onto his stomach. I'm kind of afraid to have him sleep like that bc everything we are told is to keep them in their back but as soon as he rolls onto his tummy he immediately stops grunting and flailing. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @capps42613 hope your first day back at work goes well !

**BFP and loss warning**

• I was a tummy sleeper and still alive @griffin5413 ;)
    But all kidding aside I totally understand the worry.
    Once they can roll, they can roll back to, and have good head control/strength.
    I bought an mattress for Pia to be less worried about her rolling as it has air holes in it (also helps with her reflux as there's never a puddle of milk. 
    Its called aerosleep: https://www.aerosleep.com/

• @Griffin5413 That is scary,  but I think once they can roll, then you just need to not have his arms swaddled so he can push himself up and over again.

Riley got one vaccine today. So sad! He's been sleeping for more than three hours now, which is definitely good. 

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for thinking of me today guys  :)
    I made it without any tears, and I said I was going to call at lunch time to check on him but then opted not to. He didn't take long naps at all & was cranky-tired when I got home. :/ Once I started his bath he was happy again. They reported that he is such a calm baby, no trouble, so that made me happy to know that he wasn't stressed out today. I'm always off on Tuesday's so I'm looking forward to snuggling and going for a walk tomorrow! Here is his little report card for the day..
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • So, I'm curious: Riley was tending to eat for 45 minutes to an hour every time he ate, which kinda puts a kink in my day, but it's all good as long as we have nowhere to be. The pediatrician today said though that I can start teaching him to eat more efficiently by taking him off the breast after 10 min per side. It will mean that for a few days we see an increase in the number of feeds until he learns not to mess around. I just wondered if you guys had been told anything like that or start your experiences have been with timing his long they get to eat.  I will still feed him on demand though, just not let him hang out all day

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @capps42613 I'm glad your first day back went ok !! And thank goodness for a snuggle day tomorrow !! Sounds like Cason did well !! Yay !! 

@dragonfaerie yes - Vince will stay on the boob usually a lonnnnngggg time if it's up to him . But he reaches that point after he's been feeding awhile where he just kind of hangs on but isn't really actively sucking. So I try to unlatch him and then sometimes he will hang on and then start sucking some more . Eventually if he's been kind half assing it for awhile I eventually pull him off . If he doesn't fuss and will take the paci I just accept that he's done and feed him again on demand . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan Yes, Riley does that too! He just chills there and if I start to pull away he's like "nono, I wasn't done!" and starts sucking again, but he's not really getting anything. I want to trust the doc, but I also don't want him to not get his fill, and I keep reading all these things about how it's better to let them come off the breast on their own. It's so hard to know what to do :(

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Follow your instincts @dragonfaerie, you'll know what is right for you and Riley. 
    Ive learned in these past weeks (4 months tomorrow!) that I'm spot on with my instincts and they work for Pia and I. 
    So trust yours.
    What you described, Pia does with her bottle, only I can see she isn't drinking, she just wants the comfort. If I take out the bottle and replace it with a dummy she's perfectly fine and just lays a little with me and relaxes.
    Yesterday I did this again, but she clearly let me know she wasn't done. So I gave the bottle and she drank again.
    For me, Its of course easy to see if she drinks or not, but I learnt with Pia that she'll let me know if she really wasn't ready. So Riley might do to, just follow your instincts and his clues.

Lovely to hear it went well @capps42613! That makes it easier for your next day. 
    And yay for a snuggle day, oh and having a lovely DD that helped her mommy out! What an amazing thoughtful girl!!

• Oh forgot my question in my previous post.

Does any of your LO screams? Not a cry scream, but a grown up high pitched scream when one is scared?
    Pia has had them since she's born and it's full panic afterwards. 
    It's been quiet for a while, but they are back. As we celebrated carnaval on Sunday she slept with me (too much to process) but last night I planned on not having her with me, but after a restless sleep from 8 til dreamfeed at 11 and two full on screams (not waking this time) I put her with me. And she slept without disturbance.
    Not sure what it is, if it's nightmares she had?

• Tulips29Tulips29 member
    edited February 2017
    @Griffin5413 yea, I do that as well. He'll usually start yawning a ton when he's tired and I try to put him down for a nap right away. I'm really hoping he'll get his days and night straight soon. As for rolling over, I think I've heard or read that it's ok to let them sleep on their stomachs once they roll. Can he roll over from tummy to back too in case he gets uncomfortable? 

@dragonfaerie I'll usually nap with him early in the morning when he goes down for his first nap. Yesterday he slept for almost 4 hours and I slept for 3 of those. Definitely woke up in a panic because im not used to napping that long. As far as your question on popping them off the boob, I was told to do 15 mins on each side and to pop him off when he stops sucking by a LC as well. Now he doesn't go more than 15 mins on each side anyway so I guess he learned to eat faster. Sometimes he still hangs on and I know it's just for comfort so I take him off and switch sides. He doesn't protest. My mom constantly keeps reminding me that he would definitely let me know if he was still hungry so if he's not crying he's got his fill. 

@capps42613 so great to hear your first day back went well and Cason did so great at day care. Enjoy your day with him now! 

@tvh1982 Aiden started having mid-sleep screams too. They don't happen often, maybe once every few days or so but they scare the crap out of me. I jump up and run over to him each time only to see he's peacefully asleep still and it was just one high pitched scream. I guess he's having a nightmare when that happens and I try to stand close by or shhhh at him as it calms him. Not sure if there's something else I should be doing too. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @tvh1982 - Eli isn't a screamer but there have been a few times he will wake himself up crying. It's only like a momentary thing and then he's back to sleep but it does freak me out too. like Pia it's a completely different cry so it's acary
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Tulips29 thank you! I'm glad that you were told the same thing, that makes me feel better. 

Riley does a little cry out thing while sleeping, tho it doesn't sound as intense. I always wait til he fusses a little more consistentlybefore getting him,  cuz he is a loud sleeper

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @capps42613 glad everything went well at daycare today is a beautiful day in jersey to take a walk. I hope this beautiful weather continues 
  • @tvh1982 i missed my response to your post. 
    I definitely am trying to follow my gut with what's right for us. The good news is I can always let him eat longer again if it ends up not working out for us. We are definitely making more use of the pacifier, and then feeding him if he won't take it. And right now,  I will let him eat at night as long as he wants

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanx for the feedback about the screams. I do wonder what's going on in those tiny heads.

• @tvh1982 I almost wonder if they get mini dreams that scare them. With the way their neurological systems are still developing, I guess it could be anything. Sure scares Momma out of sleep though!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker