Baby Names

Arden

holli0801holli0801 member
edited February 2017 in Baby Names
Arden Eileen, a sister for Silas Eldon. Thoughts? 

Arden 94 votes

Love it
23% 22 votes
Mehhhh
46% 44 votes
Hate it
29% 28 votes

Re: Arden

• Eileen is a fantastic name
  • Arden is okay. Just a little harsh for me. What about Aria? 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I like Arden. It's different, but not confusing. Very pretty name.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I love Eileen as well but hubby doesn't like it as the first, and he doesn't like Aria. We have a hard time finding girl names we both like! 
  • I like Arden and prefer it over Eileen as a fn 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I just don't think it goes with Silas-- Silas is so old and steeped in biblical history. I mean, it's from Aramaic! Arden is just some made up, newish sounding name. If your son was named Hunter, I'd say Arden was fine. But with Silas, I hope you will consider a beautiful old testament name with some presence: 

Hannah
    Leah
    Miriam
    Sarah
    Rebecca
    Eve
    Delilah
    Naomi
    Rachael
  • I loooove Arden! 
  • holli0801holli0801 member
    edited March 2017
    I just don't think it goes with Silas-- Silas is so old and steeped in biblical history. I mean, it's from Aramaic! Arden is just some made up, newish sounding name. If your son was named Hunter, I'd say Arden was fine. But with Silas, I hope you will consider a beautiful old testament name with some presence: 

Hannah
    Leah
    Miriam
    Sarah
    Rebecca
    Eve
    Delilah
    Naomi
    Rachael
    Silas was not chosen bc of the biblical connection. In fact we are not Religious at all. We just loved it on its own as a strong, underused, but not made up name.... Arden is not new nor made up. It was a traditional surname but has English and Celtic origin which does actually mean something to us. But thank you for the feedback.
  • Ultimate meh
  • I like Eileen better, too. Arden is just meh for me. I wouldn't side eye it. Lots of vowel sounds when you both names together, tho
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry.  I just think of the midrange cosmetics brand.
  • I did not mean to offend. Certainly, Arden has been a surname (most notably for the cosmetics company, Elizabeth Arden). And if it is a surname from your own family, by all means use it as a thread of continuity. If, however, it is just a name you like the sound of, I do hope you will find a name that is more stylistically consistent with Silas. The two do seem decidedly different. Good luck!
  • I LOVE the name Arden and if I were bolder, it would be DD's name. It is our top choice for a middle name this go-round. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • kcasset said:
    I LOVE the name Arden and if I were bolder, it would be DD's name. It is our top choice for a middle name this go-round. 
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm really struggling finding another name I like more (that I can use!) I'm open to other suggestions, but I always come back to it!
  • I like Arden. I am one who like for my children's name to strike ME. And, while I value the input of others, I typically go with that unction -if you will. Almost everyone here detested my youngest child's name when I posted here...but to this day I know it was right for him!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I like Arden. I am one who like for my children's name to strike ME. And, while I value the input of others, I typically go with that unction -if you will. Almost everyone here detested my youngest child's name when I posted here...but to this day I know it was right for him!
    This is helpful. Thank you. I feel that way with my sons name... I love it and no one could talk me out of it. I really like Arden, but I am still drawn soooo much to our original girl name (Iris) but Silas and Iris together bother me... so finding another girl name I like AS MUCH has been soooo hard!