September 2017 Moms
Options

High Risk Check-In 2/21

Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
edited February 2017 in September 2017 Moms
Changing it up a bit today..!

How far along are you?

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring?

What's the potential impact on you / baby?

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting?

Any issues in previous pregnancies?

GTKY: What's your favorite way to relax?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: High Risk Check-In 2/21

• Options
    Changing it up a bit today..!

How far along are you? 10 weeks

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Having seizures 

What's the potential impact on you / baby? I know having seizures can harm the baby so Monday we are going to see my baby dr to check on little one 

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? I'll be going to a neurologist soon 

Any issues in previous pregnancies? I was put on bed rest at 27 weeks due to preterm labor 

GTKY: What's your favorite way to relax? Prenatal messages are the best! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    11+4

I carry an Antibody (s)
    If the baby carries the S antigen my body will start attacking the babies blood which can cause anemia which can lead to having to have inter uterine blood transfusions.
    Just blood work done monthly to watch to see if my titers rise.  If they rise we will start doing bi weekly ultrasounds.
    No.  I developed the antibody through the delivery of my son.  Somehow his blood crossed with mine.
    Lately it has been warm salt baths, prenatal massages and yoga.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    10+4

Multiple MCs, insulin resistant, and bicornuate uterus
    Potential of GD due to insulin resistance. Bicornuate uterus poses issues with preterm labor, possible MC, smaller baby, breach presentation, and will likely cause me to be required to have a C-section.
    We will have extra sugar tests done. I am doing the genetic screening on 3/8, and I will have extra monitoring in late 2nd tri.
    Longest pregnancy I have had was a MC at 15 weeks due to trisomy issues. We have had multiple previous losses earlier on as well.
    Lately just watching Netflix with my dogs. They like documentaries and Disney movies.
  • Options
    baileylove22baileylove22 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you?
    10+3

HBP
    HBP can have an impact on the growth of the baby. Also I am on the lookout for preeclampsia which usually results in a premature birth of the baby.
    I have done baseline bloodwork and 24 hour urine catch. I will be doing more of those throughout the pregnancy. I forgot too that I made an appt for an ultrasound with an MFM in April. 
    I had preeclampsia with my twins. They were born a little early at 36w4d. Was on bed rest in the hospital for a couple months during my last pregnancy due to my BP (and a very short cervix). 
    I like taking my dog for walks. He is 15 and does not go far with me, but it feels great to get out with him. 

Eta: additional info
  • Options
    holly52holly52 member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you? 12+2

Why are you considered high-risk / getting increased monitoring? Postpartum stroke after DD and now gestational diabetes

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Unsure

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? I have my first appt with high risk next week. Tomorrow  I go for the diabetes class. 

Any issues in previous pregnancies? Postpartum stroke when DD was 5 days old 

GTKY: What's your favorite way to relax? Read or watch tv 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11+1

History of severe early onset preeclampsia resulting in the stillbirth of my daughter, Factor V Leiden

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Without trying to sound to ominous and dramatic, death.  Almost kicked the bucket last time and my daughter didn't survive birth.

What type of additional testing, monitoring will you be getting? Lots of ultrasounds, 24hour urine collections, blood pressure monitoring

Any issues in previous pregnancies? Yes, see above :)

Crappy TV, laying with my head on my husband's lap while he rubs my back
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options
    I love learning about each of your conditions! @sableeg I hate that you have to type that out every week. How do you do it? 

How far along are you? 12+0

Type 1 DM, MTHFR 

What's the potential impact on you / baby? Gestationally large baby, shoulder dystocia, placental failure requiring emergency induction/csection, low baby sugars at birth requiring nicu time. Preterm birth.. /Clots forming in the placenta cutting off blood flow to baby, miscarriage, stroke

I see my endo every 2 weeks, and I will be having a fetal echo done for normal testing. 

Any issues in previous pregnancies? I had two losses at 7 weeks.

I really would love a spa day. Facial, massage, maybe getting waxed, mani/pedi. Hair done. Makeup done.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Thank you @Sugargirl1019 <3 To be honest, I LOVE talking about my baby girl.  Putting words on our experience validates her existence.  Also, if seeing the "worst case scenario" can help someone take high blood pressure or other symptoms of preeclampsia a little more seriously, then I feel good about that.  I hear a lot of women talking about preeclampsia as an unfortunate thing that happened, but because it wasn't serious it wasn't a big deal.  The truth is it's SO serious and can have lasting effects long after the baby is born.

Thank you for your kind heart <3<3<3 
    Sable
    Married to David 3/22/14
    <3o:) Mommy to my angel Ella Lynne born into heaven 8/24/15 o:)<3
    Started TTC again October 2016
    BFP on 1/6/17!
  • Options

How far along are you?
    11 whole weeks.

I have type 2 diabetes. Previous baby was over 10 pounds at birth so we're watching this baby like a HAWK. 

Large baby that could become stuck in birth canal. Low baby sugars at birth which last time just meant supplementing formula after each nursing session.

I am seen by an endocrinologist team every four weeks, weekly check ins over email regarding sugars. last pregnancy I had growth scans, I'm sure this will happen again. 

last pregnancy I had GD and had an enormously large child (10lbs 2oz at 38+5) he was born via c section and even that was a struggle to get him out 

shopping, eating alone at a restaurant, watching junky tv, or going to the spa to get a massage, pedicure, hair done, and waxing all my body hairs off. 

• Options
    toshandbabiestoshandbabies member
    edited February 2017
    How far along are you?
    13 weeks

Chorioamniotic separation (cas). I had bleeding at 9 weeks. My 12 week scan showed my diagnosis and also a healthy baby. 

Miscarriage is likely. Every day I'm still pregnant I'm so happy but also completely scared at what's to come! My condition is so rare, especially spontaneous separation, that is hard to find info on what to expect. My biggest fear is carrying this baby for many more months and having a stillborn. There is a small chance that I could have a normal baby at full term. (the unpredictability has my emotions all over the place)

I have an ultrasound on Thursday (14w). I'm praying for a miracle. I hope that my separation has fused (although I was told it can't) the only hope is that it doesn't separate any more. If the separation still looks significant I'll be referred to another doctor in a specialized OB office (I have a family doctor). Routine ultrasounds are likely in my future to monitor the separation and fetal growth.

No, my DD was an easy pregnancy and I enjoyed every second. The delivery was smooth and expectedly painful, but at the end I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl. I had no reason to think I might have complications this time around.

I like to go running. That probably doesn't sound relaxing, but it is my outlet (too bad I can't do it now). How do you ladies relax knowing the complications of your pregnancies!? I have no experience with this and need some coping advice!