August 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 2/27

This is for people with due dates 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, and 8/28

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY:  (Stolen from TTGP IF testing) How do you pay it forward? Or what is one of your favorite ways you've heard of someone paying it forward?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 2/27

• How far along are you? 14 weeks

How big is baby? a muffin

Upcoming appointments this week? Friday for a general update. I have appts scheduled for every two wks for peace of mind up until my anatomy scan at 18 wks, which will be the farthest that I've made it in a pregnancy. 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Don't want to jinx it, but my nausea is pretty much gone. It's so nice to feel semi normal again! Still  feel queasy if I don't eat for a while, but that's normal. My boobs are sore still but I'll take it. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I've been having crazy dreams every night, and more than one. If I get up to pee and am lucky enough to fall back to sleep, I have another one. Last night's was a open casket funeral in a church that turned into a wedding, complete with inappropriate music being blasted through the church while the casket was still there. So, pretty normal.  :D

GTKY:  (Stolen from TTGP IF testing) How do you pay it forward? Or what is one of your favorite ways you've heard of someone paying it forward? Not really paying it forward, but I do a lot of things for my elderly neighbors (92 and 93!) who still live on their own a few houses down without announcing it to the world like so many people do (to seek recognition/approval). They are super grateful for it and don't take it for granted, so that means a lot to me. 
  • How far along are you? 16 weeks

How big is baby?  A can of Spam

Upcoming appointments this week?  TODAY!!!

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?   My appetite has increased which is great! Except that my sweet tooth has increased, also, which isn't as great haha

Rants/Raves/Questions?   It's so nice being more open about the pregnancy. Even though my PGAL brain makes me nervous with every twinge and feeling, it's nice to just be able to be happy about everything with family and friends. 
    I'm so uncertain if I'll get an ultrasound today. I haven't had one since 10 weeks so I'm DYING to see this little bub!

GTKY:  (Stolen from TTGP IF testing) How do you pay it forward? Or what is one of your favorite ways you've heard of someone paying it forward? I always like when the coffee shops get trains of people paying for each other. I also like when they allow donations for coffee and food to go to homeless in the area. 

@szwill86 when you go for your general updates, do they just check the heart rate and you blood pressure? Or what usually happens at those?
  • Loading the player...
  • @mokay19 yes- bp, urine check, doppler use, answer any questions I may have. Last time the baby was being a jerk and the dr couldn't find the hb with the doppler, so I got an unexpected ultrasound which was nice. Secretly I hope that happens again bc I just love seeing the little one boppin' around in there! Good luck at your appt today- hopefully you get to see the LO!!
  • How far along are you?  15 weeks

How big is baby?  Two gorgeous naval oranges!

Upcoming appointments this week?  We have a detailed scan with the MFM Thursday afternoon.  Hoping to find out the gender! Supposedly they might be able to tell.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?  I haven't thrown up in over a week!!!!! I still have occasional queasiness but my world has changed and I can actually EAT.  I'm so fucking happy.  I also got the results of my early GD test (because of family history and twins) and it was negative!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Just a little annoyed at how much pregnancy has cramped my style for the last week.  This was the big weekend of Mardi Gras and we live right along the parade route.  I had to totally skip out yesterday, and went home early Wednesday and Thursday, missing some of my favorite parades.  I just get tired so much easier! I did take a walk yesterday afternoon and got to see all of the Bacchus floats up close when they were lining up.  So I didn't totally miss out.

I have a related happy thing though.  My husband convinced me to make a sign referencing the pregnancy for the parades ("Pregnant with twins!! Just call me Beyonce!") and people loved it.  We got so much amazing stuff and people kept blowing me kisses and smiling.  It was an amazing experience.

GTKY:  (Stolen from TTGP IF testing) How do you pay it forward? Or what is one of your favorite ways you've heard of someone paying it forward?  One of the most fun things we do is go out to breakfast on Christmas Day (typically Waffle House or similar, a diner type place) and tip our waitress $100.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks

How big is baby? Pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments this week? None

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? It's not totally the pregnancy's fault but my daughter is cutting molars and I'm exhausted from lack of sleep. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Today is aforementioned daughter's FIRST BIRTHDAY! So excited! Also, we found out she's getting a little sister last week :)

GTKY:  (Stolen from TTGP IF testing) How do you pay it forward? Or what is one of your favorite ways you've heard of someone paying it forward?