Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

So angry right now

Just found out the results of my recurring loss blood work and I do have a clotting issue. The doctor will give me more info at my post d&c appt (2 weeks post op because her scheduling clerk is a f***ing idiot and didn't put me on the schedule until I reminded her that I needed a post op appointment.) but I am so angry right now. I brought up clotting issues when I got pregnant this time and asked about taking a baby aspirin and the Dr recommended against it, thinking that my last MC was a fluke. Now I'm realizing that I was right and, more than likely, had I been on aspirin or Lovenox it's highly probable I wouldn't have lost this baby. I can't wait to be done with this doctor and her incompetent dismissive staff. And I won't be able to let go of the guilt that I should have just followed my gut and taken the baby aspirin no matter what she said. 

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: So angry right now

• I'm sorry you're going through this @rainafire77, please beat yourself up. Hugs to ya girl. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • I am soooo sorry!!!! I would be angry too. :(
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry. Your doc is an ass, because even if you didn't have a clotting issue, at minimimum baby aspirin doesn't hurt anything.
  • I am so sorry!  I would be angry too!!  I had a chemical pregnancy in December.  I have no clue if I have a blood clotting issue, and I did ask my dr. about testing for it after the chemical, but he said not to worry. Since I have heard of so many people taking baby aspirin, I am wondering the same thing.  I am stimming now.  Today my nurse said, "no aspirin products" (in reference to me asking if I could take stool softeners...she said, yes, just no aspirin products.)  Anyway, what does everyone think?  Has anyone taken baby aspirin and when do you take it?
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• ***TW Loss and Child mentioned*****

I have no known clotting factors and my doc puts me on aspirin leading up to and throughout the transfer process. I was on it for potential fresh cycle and stopped when we cancelled it. Then started it 5 days before FET estrogens started and would continue the length of the pregnancy. When I miscarried, I stopped. I also know that it can help with general anti-inflammatory properties, so it's not necessarily just for anti-clotting. My sister had pre-eclampsia with intrauterine growth restriction resulting in my nephew born at 36 weeks, 4lbs 7oz. She recently talked to her doctor about prevention of recurrence if she decides to try again. The doctor said the new research shows a baby aspirin started at 12 weeks is preventing the growth restriction even in pre-eclampic women. So, that would be her plan. 

Married: October 2014

Me: 35 DH: 39

TTC since November 2014

Diagnosis: Anovulation from PCOSish without syndrome, Male factors - low motility and morphology issues

April-Sept. 2015 - Clomid and TI - BFN

Dec. 2015- HSG - Clear tubes

Jan., Feb., March 2016 - Letrozole 7.5mg and TI with HCG trigger= BFN

April, May, June 2016 - Letrozole 7.5mg and IUI with HCG trigger= BFN

September 2016 - IVF round #1;ER 9/26 with ICSI on 14 eggs - developed mild OHSS. 

Sept 2016 - 12 non-PGS embryos frozen (5 5AAs)

FET #1 Jan 16, 2017 - BFP!- MC at 6W5d

FET #2 May 8, 2017 - BFP! EDD 1-24-2018

• That is interesting...I wish I remembered to ask my dr. when we met before this cycle.  I am going to try to remember to ask the nurse.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)