Pregnant after IF

Randoms - Week of 2/20

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly trimester check-ins so those with experience can chime in!
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: Randoms - Week of 2/20

• Has anyone had any feedback from family/friends on how user friendly babylist.com was to purchase registry gifts off of? I was researching it last night and I'm not sure how many people would actually "reserve" the gift and then go back after purchasing and click "purchased" unless it gave specific prompts. I'd love to do my registry on there because it seems so nice to have it in one place but I don't want it to confuse or make it more of a hassle for any of my baby shower guests. 
  • @Arb245 I registered at Buy buy baby and Amazon, and then put it on babylist. I ended up getting a ton of stuff I didn't register for because no one wanted to make the effort/plan ahead of ordering online. I would recommend that if you are going to use babylist, create a registry somewhere convenient  (target, bru) and then add it to babylist so people have options. 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I looked at it and determined that, while it would be AWESOME to have all the items in one place, it was a cluster. Yes, you can import your registries but they don't sync when people buy things was my understanding. So I took my love for wanting to consolidate it and gave up :) It's a great idea in theory and hopefully they'll figure out how to streamline it someday.
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @ARB425 I know someone who used it, and it's actually how I found out about it. I guess I'm a weirdo in that when someone is pregnant and they make a registry, I actually buy things that are on it! Apparently that makes me strange since hardly anyone else does that. For my shower I got a ton of clothes, none of which I registered for, and things that we needed, like sheets and changing pads/covers, I got none of. The really nice thing about babylist is that you can put in for other things, like meals, house cleaning and used baby clothes. I signed up for meals on my friends list, and got an email invite a few weeks later to a signup sheet for when/what I would bring them.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• edited February 2017
    @ARB425 I had signed up to use babylist and then decided against it for the exact reasons you mentioned. I feel like the point of having a registry is so that people can look at it, see what you want and what has or has not been purchased, decide what they want to buy, and then it updates automatically. With babylist it seemed like not only would the list on babylist not update automatically (people would have to go in and mark things as purchased) but your other registries (that were imported into babylist) wouldn't update automatically either. I didn't like that. In the end we decided to do a registry on Amazon and BRU, to give people an easy online retailer and an actual store they can shop in if they prefer. I also like registry perks like completion discounts, which you don't get if you use babylist!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Thanks everyone on your opinions/experience with baby list. I'm 95% sure we won't be using it for the pure fact of that many of our guests at the shower are older and I don't want to make it more difficult for them! I think lots of people still love going to the store to actually buy the items or see what's new with baby items! 
    The main reason I wanted to do baby list was our swing is at buy buy baby but most likely we will end up buying that ourselves because its almost 40 minutes from where we/baby shower guests live. Babies r us and target is much more convenient for everyone.
  • I've been wishing we did baby registries here (I don't know anyone who has done one) but it sounds like they aren't perfect anyway so maybe I'm not missing out much anyway!
    People do bring small gifts but generally showers are quite low key here in New Zealand. 
  • @ARB245 hold off buying that swing for yourself. We've had several people ask us "what's something you actually  want/need off your registry that I can get for you" or maybe something they want to go big on with a group of people. Then you can send them to get the swing. If you don't get it, you can use a coupon at the end to buy it yourself. DH and I bought ourselves some items off a garage sale site early in my pregnancy then ended up with duplicates when people gifted us their hand me downs. We would have saved money if we had just waited to see what others would do

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ARB425 - I have found that older people (like my parents friends) were the ones most likely to use my registry and they were also more likely to buy one of the bigger ticket items. I registered at babies r us and Amazon so people could do to a store or buy online be if they preferred 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ARB425 I had the same experience as @Griffin5413. The older relatives were better about using the registry. I had one person buy from my BRU registry, and she's in her 60s. I had several people who bought nothing from my registry, just clothes.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Our shower is in 2 1/2 weeks but we've already been receiving gifts from both of our registries. Mostly from family that lives far away and won't be coming. Amazon is definitely our more popular registry (I mean, Amazon is taking over the world) but we've had some purchases from BRU too. Funny enough, both my uncle and DH's uncle happened to buy our pack n play around the same time, so I don't think it was showing for either of them that it had already been purchased. Fortunately, Amazon makes it pretty easy to make returns so I'm not worried.

@ARB425 If you do your registry on Amazon, there is a universal registry feature which allows you to add items from any website. I added the wild bird ring sling I really want to our Amazon registry. I don't think it will update automatically since the sites aren't connected, but if there is just one or two items that you want that are from a different website, you can always do that.

• @wifeinraleigh28  - really! Tell me more about this universal registry feature. Can I add things from Etsy??
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme It's the same feature as their regular universal registry: if you have the button installed on the top of your browser you just select it to go to your registry instead of your regular wishlist.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/BIT/ref=bit_v2_a0042?bitCampaignCode=a0042&defaultUWLExperience=true
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @byrneme Yes, as @AandDM2014 said. I don't think you can use it with Etsy though. Etsy requires lots of personalization and it doesn't have your standard check-out process that most websites do since you're buying from individual shops. But you can add stuff from any typical online retailer.

• ARB425ARB425 member
    edited February 2017
    @wifeinraleigh28 that sounds like it could work! It's literally one item from buy buy baby. I want this fisher price soothing motion swing with smart connect that they only carry. Babies r us has the regular one without the smart connect. I know it sounds awfully silly but anything that can help my husband continue to work from home and watch the baby while I'm at work will be a blessing. In a way I'm regretting taking a Monday-Friday job because it will put a lot on him but I'm also 5 minutes from home and don't work night shift anymore! Plus who knows how much my stress level decrease helped my body actually get pregnant! 

thanks everyone for the suggestions! The registry portion can be a whole lot to take in!
  • @ARB425 Have you checked amazon? I could've sworn I saw a swing with smart connect on there...

• @wifeinraleigh28 this is the one we've been looking at due it's small size. Amazon has it through 3rd party sellers and one of the sellers wants almost $100 more than buy buy baby! 
     I almost bought a mamaroo last night at babies r us because it was an open box but my husband didn't want to chance that something was wrong with it but it was $149!
  • Question: when do you all think the best time to stop work would be for a first singleton? I work standard Monday to Friday office hours and am mostly at a computer. I'm also super lucky to live 10 minutes walk from work - it actually takes longer to drive than walk! 
    What are others planning or hoping they could do? 
  • @Nellin I worked in an office and quit my job around the start of my third trimester. I could feel my body was tired and just needed to rest. I was going to bed at 7 most nights cuz I was so wiped out, so I never did anything but eat dinner; forget any sort of partying or cleaning. Once I was done working, I could rest during the day and was able to spend more time with my DH in the evening. Obviously you'll have to do what works out for you based on your leave, finances, etc. but the more time you can give yourself to nest and rest, the better.  

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nellin I worked until the day I delivered. Eli came 3 weeks early but my plan was to work until the Friday before Christmas and he was due the 28th. I think it just depends on how you feel and what you want to do. 
    @ARB425- we had someone give us their mamaroo and Eli hates it. I'm so glad I didn't spend the money onit. That being said it's really true when they say every baby is different. Eli likes just this little bouncer that was like $40 more than anything else. Some babies live the swing while others hate it and prefer a bouncer or sling etc.
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @griffin5413 isn't that the terrible part? You never know what the baby will like until they are actually here! It will definitely be a trial and error. I like the fisher price one a lot because it glides and sways/bounces similar to when mom is holding the baby. Thank goodness for maternity leave to figure things out!

@nellin I'm hoping to work up until my due date just because I want to have more time off with the baby. I work in a clinic so I'm constantly moving all day but for the most part my job is easy on my body. If I still worked in the hospital I don't think I would make it to working into my 3rd trimester! I think you just have to do what's best for you and your family  in the end. Things might change but that's the plan for now! 
  • @Nellin I'm planning to start my maternity leave about 3 weeks prior to my induction date at 39 weeks. I'm a therapist so it's really important to me to make sure that I have time to get my clients set up with other therapists and/or resources before I go on leave and to have final closure sessions with them since we won't be meeting again for 3 months. Of course, if I go into labor before that then I can't control it, but I'll have a plan in place in case that happens too. I've also heard that if you give yourself a couple of weeks off work prior to having your baby you're less likely to need a C section due to lowered levels of stress!

@ARB425 That swing looks awesome! My in laws bought us a Nuna Leaf (which was expensive) and we also have a cheap $25 bouncer that vibrates. Other than those 2 things, we've decided that until the baby gets here, we aren't making any other swing or bouncer-type purchases since we don't know what the baby will like. Hopefully we'll be good to go with what we have though! We even decided against getting a rock n play, which so many moms have told me is a god send. I just really want to wait and see how this baby does with sleeping in her bassinet and pack n play first.

• 2legbaby2legbaby member
    edited February 2017
    @Nellin I am another momma planning to work until I go into labor...I just can't imagine spending <12 weeks with baby girl before going back and any time I take off before comes out of my FMLA.
    I am a veterinarian so my work is 50% on my feet and 50% desk work...but all plans in my mind are tentative as who knows how I will feel near the end or if I  will get put on bed rest for  any reason...so it's my plan for now at least
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • @Nellin same as others - planning to work until labor! My husband and I work at the same company, so I actually think it'll be better if I go to work with him, rather than stay at home. He tends to get wrapped up in work and not look at his phone... so this way I can waddle on over to his desk if needed :)! I hope you find whatever works best for you!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Thanks for all the responses! :)
    We are all different and it's hard trying to make these decisions now when I feel great (currently 20 weeks and I feel like a box of birds).
    I think I'll plan to stop work at 38 weeks and if I need to I'll take some holiday and sick leave before that.
    I'm incredibly lucky to have 12 months off work (18 of those at minimum wage) but work needs to try and get my replacement approved. I'm so hoping I get replaced or my colleagues will be cursing my name while I'm away! :)
  • @Nellin - I'm really hoping to work up until my due date of August 13 but I think my main goal is staying on until after the August long weekend (so that would be Tuesday August 8th). I've got it easy here at work for being able to rest (I had a nap on the couch here on my lunch today and then just had a free 20 min massage - We have her come in once a week for our employees to sign up for - spoiled here). The only thing I worry about is my commute - it's about an hour due to traffic. 

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @Nellin I've been having the same dilemma. I originally wanted to work up until 36 weeks and have at least a full month off before my due date but lately I've been really feeling exhausted. I work in a restaurant and I'm constantly on my feet and moving around and it's a job that has no down time for me to catch my breath, so I'm really considering leaving earlier and taking time off without pay. I am from Australia, so we have a similar parental leave system, I'm able to take 18 weeks minimum wage but also working in a small family business they're happy for me to come back whenever I want to (which might be never). It is a really tough decision to make but I guess at the end of the day you need to listen to what your body is telling you and everybody will be different.
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• teriulbricht I'm also lucky that working in a university and now is the busiest time of the year (while I'm in the sweet spot of having energy) and it'll be calming down as I head towards due date! 
    teriulbricht? I lived in Melbourne for several years! 
  • @Nellin oh I remember that period! Use it wisely.. it disappears in the third tri  :'( 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for online prenatal yoga videos? 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011