September 2017 Moms

The Big Baby(ies) Sex Thread

mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
edited February 2017 in September 2017 Moms
I've noticed a lot of women are starting to get blood results back and now know if they're Team Blue or Team Pink, so I thought it was time to start this thread. 

So, tell us, ladies, are you Team Blue, Team Pink, or, for you twin mamas, Team Purple? 

ETA: Hey guys, I know we're all really excited for our appointments and to find out the sex of our babies, but this is an announcement thread. Please confine all other chatter other than "We're having a ___," to the many other threads where that kind of talk is more than welcome. Also, please keep your congratulations to Love Its, instead of individual congratulations comments. These two guidelines will insure that everyone will see all the announcements when they read this thread, and help everything run much more smoothly. Thanks!

Re: The Big Baby(ies) Sex Thread

• The candy picture is great!!  I can't wait to find out!!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are team green but the pic with the jars is hilarious!  :D
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • sugarpixxie2sugarpixxie2 member
    edited February 2017
    My Scan is 18w2d..... which isn't until April 10th! Soooo farrrrr awayyyy

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• I think we're also waiting for the anatomy scan. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @sugarpixxie2 and @bridge-and-wall I'm glad I'm not the only one! Ours is scheduled for May 17. It really seems like a day that will take forever to get here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @awildrose My sister did the same for us and it was such a fun way to find out! She only knew for a few days before us though and I was still jealous! I couldn't have gone weeks!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @awildrose Same here! we wont find out until 3/11 and its killing me that I could know right now! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @SuperKristy85 @awildrose  I legitimately don't know how y'all are doing it... I would have already cheated, lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so jealous of everyone that already knows. My DH wants to wait until the anatomy scan. So 2 more months  :(
  • What bloodwork or test is telling your Mommas what the gender is so soon? 
  • juliebeannnjuliebeannn member
    edited February 2017
    @jsouthard212  It's a form of non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT).  I believe there are a number of different brands of it (Harmony, Panorama, ClariTest).  They take your blood and isolate baby's blood to test for chromosomal abnormalities -- Trisomy 21 (Downs), 18 and 13 -- and can also test for gender, as well.  A lot of practices in my area are offering this test at 10 weeks in conjunction with the NT scan at 12 weeks.  I believe up until just a year or two ago, this was offered only to high-risk moms or AMA moms.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @jsouthard212   My OB ordered the MaterniT21 test, just had the bloodwork today, waiting impatiently for the results...    <3
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • I seriously looked at this thread like 3 times before I finally got the nuts thing.  :D I have to wait for the 20 week U/S, so another 2 1/2 months for this momma!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We should have had our results by tomorrow or next week at the latest. But nooo today I get a call that there was a quality control error with my specimen and I have to have it redrawn tomorrow. The nurse said something happened when the receiving lab got my blood, that it was possibly dropped or something...I had that drawn over a week ago. Kind of wondering why I'm just now getting a phone call about this. I'm so mad. Our Gender Reveal Party is in 2 weeks. They better have my results in time. What I'm most irritated about is that none of the people I spoke with today apologized for the error or showed any remorse. Ugh!!!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• We should have had our results by tomorrow or next week at the latest. But nooo today I get a call that there was a quality control error with my specimen and I have to have it redrawn tomorrow. The nurse said something happened when the receiving lab got my blood, that it was possibly dropped or something...I had that drawn over a week ago. Kind of wondering why I'm just now getting a phone call about this. I'm so mad. Our Gender Reveal Party is in 2 weeks. They better have my results in time. What I'm most irritated about is that none of the people I spoke with today apologized for the error or showed any remorse. Ugh!!!
    The lab probably didn't notify the office until now--they may have tried to run what was left (if dropped) and then realized they didn't have enough. So frustrating none the less! In my experience, results are back in a week...fingers crossed they get it right this time! 
  • thanks for the info. this is my 4th pregnancy, but ive never done the genetic testing until now. Next week I am getting the Nuchal Translucency test with labs. I would like to know the gender this soon but it doesnt have any of the names listed you ladies are talking about. It says lab codes 84163, 84702 and 86336. 
  • @jsouthard212 the NT testing doesn't include a sex test.  These gals are doing different screens, like cell free DNA.
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• My appointment is March 7th and we will know 7-10 days after! I CAN'T WAIT!! 
  • Oh no! I think I accidentally hit "report" on someone's post here. I'm so sorry if you get flagged. I don't know if I was able to cancel it out (mobile app and it is being weird). It was 100% an accident. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @stephy_p don't worry!! Boys definitely ARE awesome!!! It's ok to be a little worried, but you won't be disappointed!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @stephy_p I agree with PP my little boy is AMAZING, low drama, high energy and they are such lovers!  Little boys totally rock and part of me secretly wants another little boy! 
  • Boys are so wonderful! My son is so loving and a mommas boy 100%, my daughter was sweet but completely different than my son..  I would be happy for another boy but am hoping for a girl!  As long as baby is healthy :)