March 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 2/22

Since @disneybaby84 is giving birth, I figured I'd start the thread!  Good luck to her!!  Here's to a happy & healthy baby!!

How far along are you:

How big is baby:

Upcoming appointments this week:

Any new symptoms or changes:

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be, and why?
ME: 34
DH: 37
DD: 03/17/17
DS: 12/06/19

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 2/22

• How far along are you: 37 weeks!  near term

How big is baby:
    last week measured 7 lbs 6 oz:  should be the size of honeydew melon, romaine lettuce, striped skunk, tackle box, Zack Morris phone, half of a medium pizza

Still have 2 x NSTs - 1st was Monday - went pretty well.  Tomorrow is my next NST and OB appt.

Starting to have some intense BH contractions (very irregular), My co-workers said I've dropped  :o   Frequent bathroom trips, swelling, sleeping for 20 mins at a time, mind racing at night

Rants/Raves:
     I really would like to have a restful nights sleep (I know it's a pipe dream at this point, but it would be great), And I would love for my job to tell me who's covering my work while I'm gone, so I can train them!  like why is that so difficult?!   If I go into labor they'll have to figure it out!  

Why did I pick such a hard question?!   :D  I think I'd like to live in the movie Dirty Dancing...because it takes place in the summer, and I think if I got into dancing I could be in better shape...Plus I would be living with Jerry Orbach & Patrick Swayze forever.  
  • How far along are you: 38 weeks

How big is baby: a gallon of ice cream, winter melon, spaghetti squash, half a baking sheet of meringues, a ukelele, a Pomeranian

Upcoming appointments this week: had perinatal Monday, have OB visit tomorrow with NST, he'll check for dilation and discuss possible induction

Any new symptoms or changes: still have the SPD and I feel more pressure "down there"

Rants/Raves: I think we have everything ready!  If not, oh well...we'll figure it out after he comes and someone can run to the store :P 

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, what would it be, and why? hmmm I have no idea! :P 
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Woo hoo @disneybaby84

How far along are you: 
    38 weeks!

How big is baby:
    The size of a ukelele or a winter melon

I have one tomorrow at 0930 - one of my weekly appts where I get urine/bp checked and then she will check me for progress -likely none....I have felt NOTHING!

Not a thing. Baby is moving a ton but I think that's just cause she is fully developed and is just making herself cozy in there.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: This past weekend, we had to put my dog down...DH and I are devastated. She was very old, and we had decided not to proceed with any other medical interventions...she developed what looked/sounded like pancreatitis for the 3rd time and it was a heartbreaking decision. My husband and I are having a hard time adjusting to such a quiet home...so we kinda want the baby to hurry up to fill our hearts in a different way. I had never had to put down a pet before. :(

I would love to be Elle Woods! ha.
  • @lindsey2017 - sorry to hear about your dog :(  
  • @lindsey2017 I'm so sorry about your dog.. such a tough situation. Sending you thoughts and prayers
  • Stopping by to say that I miss participating in these! I should be 36weeks today and instead I have 13 day old babies! It is still hard to believe!

@disneybaby84 I'm so excited for you! Wishing you a quick labor! I can't wait to see him in all of the cute Disney outfits!!!

@lindsey2017 so sorry to hear about your dog. That is one of the toughest things, I can't imagine having to do that when super pregnant with all of the extra hormones!!

@mecoats The work stuff is so frustrating, especially so late in the game! You'd think your company would like to make it easier on everyone while you're out... 

@ngcsugirl1112 Good attitude about having things ready! Do you have Amazon Prime? That has been my savior especially same day/one day delivery!!
  • @direwolfmini we LOVE Amazon Prime!  We even have a credit with Amazon because we returned a couple of duplicate items we received off our registry :)
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Super late, sorry my Wednesday ladies! So how bout I went into labor on a Wednesday and he almost was a Wednesday baby?  I think it's funny.  Considering I did natural labor  for  waayyy too long than any good decent human should, I would be happy to answer any lingering questions about going all natural or hospital or how NOT to go as long as I did, I believe I now know what I did wrong and how not to do it for my baby number #2. 

The happy news is that my doc said, the second baby, I can be looking at more of a 10 hour labor and as long as I don't have another 9 pounder, I can go natural again.   

As ridiculous as my labor was I actually do not regret going natural because I am having really good recovery time and think I should be normal in a few days. 
  • @disneybaby84 Do share! Although don't beat yourself up about doing things "wrong"--after all, you have a baby now, so main goal=achieved. But I am really interested in hearing what you learned. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker