1st Trimester

Please don't judge. I took the morning after pill and now I'm pregnant... Serious question.

My husband and I were not trying to get pregnant, however due to the headaches, and pain from the different forms of birth control, I had stopped taking the pill and had my IUD removed, since then we've been relying on condoms. A little over 2 weeks ago we had a few drinks and ended up having unprotected sex, the very next day we went and bought the morning after pill and I took it within 19 hours of having unprotected sex, I have been tracking my cycle because of only relying on condoms, just to be very cautious around the time that I'm ovulating and I knew that I was close and that was why we went immediately and took it as soon as we could. Then a few days ago I started getting the hungover feelings like I did when I was first pregnant with my first so I took a test at home, very light but definitely positive, now after what would have been the end of my period if I had gotten it I took another test and it is a lot darker, so I know I'm pregnant due to those and the symptoms I'm already having. Obviously now I want to keep the baby and can't imagine the heartache if I lose it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? And if so was everything ok? I called my OB's office but they didn't really have any answer on how the morning after pill would impact anything if it does, and no matter what they basically don't schedule to see expectant moms until pretty much the end of the first trimester. I don't know I'm probably just asking for someone to ease my mind. My husband is super worried about it so won't even let me be excited with him about having another baby. Anyone?

Re: Please don't judge. I took the morning after pill and now I'm pregnant... Serious question.

• My husband and I were not trying to get pregnant, however due to the headaches, and pain from the different forms of birth control, I had stopped taking the pill and had my IUD removed, since then we've been relying on condoms. A little over 2 weeks ago we had a few drinks and ended up having unprotected sex, the very next day we went and bought the morning after pill and I took it within 19 hours of having unprotected sex, I have been tracking my cycle because of only relying on condoms, just to be very cautious around the time that I'm ovulating and I knew that I was close and that was why we went immediately and took it as soon as we could. Then a few days ago I started getting the hungover feelings like I did when I was first pregnant with my first so I took a test at home, very light but definitely positive, now after what would have been the end of my period if I had gotten it I took another test and it is a lot darker, so I know I'm pregnant due to those and the symptoms I'm already having. Obviously now I want to keep the baby and can't imagine the heartache if I lose it, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? And if so was everything ok? I called my OB's office but they didn't really have any answer on how the morning after pill would impact anything if it does, and no matter what they basically don't schedule to see expectant moms until pretty much the end of the first trimester. I don't know I'm probably just asking for someone to ease my mind. My husband is super worried about it so won't even let me be excited with him about having another baby. Anyone?
    @singing_lyn

No judgement from me either. @adirat said what I was going to say. I will add that if you're concerned and want to get "checked out" before your OB will normally see pregnant women, you could call and request an appointment to be seen given your concerns. They should comply otherwise you could possibly go to a walk-in, er etc.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you guys for your responses. I think it's just my husband stressing that is making me stress. I'm sure everything is fine and I'll just wait for when they would normally schedule an appointment. It was just so unexpected that I still got pregnant.
  • Thank you guys for your responses. I think it's just my husband stressing that is making me stress. I'm sure everything is fine and I'll just wait for when they would normally schedule an appointment. It was just so unexpected that I still got pregnant.
    Give him some time and space to come to terms with it. It's a lot to handle since it wasn't just an oops, but you were actively trying to avoid getting pregnant. It took my husband a long time to really get into the role of Dad (and we had been TTC), and now that our daughter is older he has really developed into a great dad. It doesn't happen overnight.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • You should be fine. When I took Plan B in college the nurse told me that it wouldn't affect a baby if you were already pregnant, it would only help to interfere with pregnancy happening.

Your husband will come around. Unexpected pregnancies are scary and overwhelming but they can bring so much unexpected joy too :) (my first was a surprise). Congratulations!
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

@singing_lyn

Give him some space and time to come to terms with it. My husband was a bit weird too at first.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker