Trying to Get Pregnant

TP Thursday

2»

Re: TP Thursday

• @KatieEl Yess I totally agree! I have said this before in another thread but I had to stop accepting friend requests from people I went to HS with because they were all trying to sell me things. I have bought a few products from people who do MLM sales (Rodan & Fields really is the bomb), so I'm not trying to knock it it in general but the random messages are so cringy to me. 
  • @JJMNO1616 totally agree, there are some nice products. But the fake-nice compliments (or worse digs) trying to get you to leverage your friends list is just so gross to me!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Loading the player...
  • slavenslaven member
    edited February 2017

@KatieEl That is my biggest peeve with MLM people. I've honestly flat out told them no and that I don't want their over priced shitty products. Obviously not all MLM products are bad but the ones that the people I know seem to sell are generally overpriced (Arbonne and Younique mostly). I hate how they go from "Hey how's it been? Miss you" to "wanna host a party" within the same message. 

eta: My "friend" that sells Arbonne wanted me to try out some of the skin care products. I told her I already had great success with my homemade ACV toner and she tried selling me her products based on the fact that "ACV can be bad, it's not tested, you don't know what it can do. Her products are tested in Europe...blah blah blah" like it's water and ACV, I think I'm good. She kept calling them natural and I even looked up the ingredients list and called her out on it and asked why they use ingredients that are found to be carcinogenic but tout the products as healthy alternatives to commercial skin products. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @KatieEl OMG I don't even know what I would do if someone said that to me. One of the things that sucks about MLMs is that there really is no real upper management that you can complain to about them. Like if someone at Sephora said "hey, you look like you could use a makeover" you could talk to their manager but that doesn't happen with MLMs. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @slaven I almost think I'd be less offended if that happened at a Sephora (though still rude) but at least I'm in a make up store and I could laugh it off as a cheeky sales technique. As opposed to just going about my life and getting blindsided by a "friend" (who totally doesn't know how to do her makeup lol, I'm not taking advice from her!). But yes, MLMs kinda the worst.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @eggplantface thats the perfect response!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @jess0211 that's totally the best way to do it.  I have a few friends who operate their MLMs like you; and they're the few I'm actually happy to purchase from when I'm interested in something!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I'm still reading through all of these but @safire3 I'm currently TFAS and, though I'm not with and RE yet, I would do everything in my power to avoid taking DS's with me there. Because I would absolutely feel like I was rubbing it in. True, I'm going through the same thing as the others in the waiting room, but still. It just seems wrong. I mean, maybe it was an emergency sitter situation... I don't know
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @jess0211 Thank you on behalf of all your friends, family, and aquantinces for not being "one of those people". I recently bought an item off this girl I know from HS and she has been on me about becoming a seller. I really have no interest because 1. I like the down time I have and don't feel like adding more to my plate and 2. I don't want to feel pressured to annoy people anymore then I already annoy people with political posts  :D In general it's just not for me, at least right right now, and I'm not sure how many times I need to say that. 
  • @jess0211 Really the only LLR consultant I shop through runs her business like you and I prefer to shop through her vs. others that are so pushy and ruin my time. 
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @ladystinson I just noticed your reply but I'm glad to know that others are more considerate and this is not a common thing because it would make it very difficult for me in future. I have no problem with kids in other places but I don't need the reminder while I'm sitting there waiting to have me or my DH tortured with another test to figure out what's wrong with us. And just for the record it did not seem like and emergency, can't get a sitter situation for either of these ladies. One was clearly there with her mom (child's grandmother) who was helping her and the other one was there with a friend. DH and I were talking about it on the ride home and he said 'they could have even let the other person wait in the car with the kid.' 
  • safire3safire3 member
    edited February 2017
    @NYTino24 there was just too much TP to be contained in one day. Checking in at a funeral? The things I see people put on FB never cease to amaze me. I would think FB would be the last thing on your mind at that time.

Also @dragonfly87 I am seriously thinking about creating a new account now. There's no reason there can't be a Safire 4 or 5 or 6.

And also (last one I promise) I would also like to TP parents who bring their kids to an R rated movie. I'm talking about kids still sucking on pacifiers although I don't know if that's better or worse than the older kids who are definitely not even in their teen yet. DH and I went to the movies last night and this is the second R rated movie we've seen in the last couple weeks (John Wick and Get Out just in case you're wondering) and both times there were kids and even toddlers there!

edited to correct autocorrect 
  • @NYTino24 Why would you do that?! I once saw on of those list type articles that was just selfies people took at funerals. Granted they were all like teenagers but seriously?!

@safire3 We saw Get Out last night!
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @MJDsquared He obviously did it for attention. Ugh.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Yea I can't imagine bringing young children to an R rated movie. And really those parents are punishing themselves because they will be getting up at night with a kid having nightmares...
  • @safire3 YES! When we went to see Deadpool I couldn't believe how many kids were there!

Pregnancy Ticker