March 2017 Moms
Options

What symptoms did you skip?

As more & more moms are heading into labor, lots of water breaking!, I'm wondering what labor symptoms you have skipped?  mucous plug, loose stools, water breaking, pre labor contractions, etc.  

Re: What symptoms did you skip?

• Options
    I went from sleeping to my water spotaneously breaking and waking me up. However,  I was eating the 6 dates a day, from 36 weeks onward and one of the studies about the date eating is that it causes spontaneous labor, which in my case I believe to be true. I did have an inkling on Monday, that I was not going 41 weeks, but at no time did I believe it was going to be Wednesday of this past week.
  • Options
    With my first.. my water didn't break until 9 cm and just about ready to push! It also happened all at once in terms of I woke up.. had contractions, went to the bathroom and lost my mucus plug and he was born the next morning (20 hours later) so not much leading up to the actual event!
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    last time i never saw any mucus plug or bloody show... i also skipped normal contractions and had to be induced lol
  • Options
    wintersongwintersong member
    edited February 2017
    last time i never saw any mucus plug or bloody show... i also skipped normal contractions and had to be induced lol
    This was my experience as well last time as a FTM.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First time my water didn't break until I was in the hospital already far into the contractions, already had the epidural so I didn't even realize it broke!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feEl like I missed all the symptoms with DS. Which is why I'm anxious/excited to see how this time will be diff. 

For DS I never had BH, never saw mucus plug, bloody show, nor did my water break. Midwives eventually broke my water. I spent all of early labor and 6 hours of active labor sortof in denial somehow. But then by the time I started to time waves I was under 4 min apart and longer than 60 sec!!
  • Options
    I avoided all of the "labor starters" (dates, sex, pineapple...) Like the plague. My water didn't break, and I didn't have a bloody show. I think I've been losing my mucus plug a little at a time, but it blended in with the discharge. My boobs also never leaked.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    With my first I didn't have any signs of labour, I just woke up one morning, sat up and felt my water break. Even then that was the only sign/symptom that baby was coming. I had no contractions or anything prior. Nothing even started until they started the oxytocin. 
  • Options
    I do think now, there is one tiny symptom that I got. About Friday  or Saturday the previous  week, I broke out on my face for the first time since 1st trimester. Then I broke out another spot on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was labor and this morning, Saturday I saw those spots clearing up.