July 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise & Fitness Check-In 2/24

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a fantastic week so far. Let us know how you are doing and feeling. 

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week? 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise & Fitness Check-In 2/24

• Options
    1: How far along are you?  19w5d

2: How was your last week? Not too bad. Made it to the trainer all three days. I have given up on eating what I ate before, since it makes me sck, but I'm watching portions.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Same

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Trying to just loo very in the moment. AS on Tues, so woot.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?  I typically pride myself on my balance and flexibility. Now, my balance is way off.

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why? Thankfully, my trainer does...she helps me stay motivated
  • Options
    (I know this is a check in but I don't know where else to ask this) 
    can anyone please reccomend me a good exercise to make my butt smaller (I feel like kim K here) and a comfy stationary bike seat. This current one is painful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited February 2017
    1: How far along are you?  21w3d

2: How was your last week? pretty good 4 does of workouts in so far and will do a cardio season at the hotel gym tomorrow. Wednesday I didn't feel so good and bought I might be getting the flu so took off but thankfully that hasn't happened!

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  same old 5-6 days of workouts, but I need to cut down on snacking on cheese or extras as I'm tracking and boy does it add it also just need to get my dairy down in general but it's so hard because cheese is so good...

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    We are in asheville to shoot a wedding tomorrow so going to a delicious burger place tonight and hanging out in downtown for the afternoon before work tomorrow. Always a fun town to go to. 

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why? Feeling good and confident on my body and being a good example for my kids. I feel so much better about myself- more confident, more energetic, better mood etc when I am working out and eating well consistently. I especially enjoy having small goals not weight or bodyfat related but related to what I can do physically. Before I was competing in crossfit, triathlons and open water swimming. After I will shift to focus more on swimming and triathlons though I always love lifting but I love having events to train for and see how I'm improving it's a HUGE motivator. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @LuLiLaEv have you got lower back pain? Mines killing me right now. Didn't have it before. 
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  21w2d 

2: How was your last week? This is the first time I've felt worthy of posting in this thread, lol. I finally have the energy to be more active and went back to the gym for the first time in about two months!

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Continue hitting the gym and walk to work (weather permitting)

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I baked a blueberry pie, just because.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? Not today.

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why? This is a personal one for me. My mother suffered from myriad health issues related to obesity and passed away unexpectedly several months ago. Although I wanted to be healthy before, I now feel that I have an obligation to my own children to model this behavior and to be present in their lives for as long as possible.

• Options
    @yellow1daisy I definitely don't want to compromise on my diet for that same reason, a few people recommended squats for me I'm wondering if they are safe during pregnancy ? 

I was feeling extremely lazy these past few months, haven't had a job and been glued to my couch. I need to exercise because not only does my back hurt tons, i can't fit into most maternity jeans either because my proportions changed drastically (my waist is much smaller) and iv had to change underwear sizes three times, the rest is the same. At this point it's costing me a lot lol. 
    I think it's mainly because iv had zero activity whereaas usually I'm always walking around, used to dance tons and ride my bike fairly often.  
    Maybe it is a tone issue, because support wear has helped with lower back pain siginificantly. 
  • Options
    I've been avoiding this thread the past few weeks because of lack of progress.

1: How far along are you?  
    18w5d
    2: How was your last week? 
    GREAT. I had the best week since Thanksgiving. The weather has been super nice here, so I've taken a long walk nearly every day, and the one day I didn't, I did yoga.
    3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  
    Continuing with this good progres. Maybe a walk or two at lunch as well.
    Truly, this weather is its own reward :) But I also may pull the trigger on a maternity bathing suit.

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why?
    My parents set great examples for my sister and I with their own regular exercise, so I hope to do the same for my child. I also just feel better when I exercise regularly. My stress levels are lower and I have more energy.
  • Options

1: How far along are you?   17+6

2: How was your last week? Great! I've done a ton of walking and generally feel strong and healthy. 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  More walking, maybe add in some gentle back strengthening exercises - I'm starting to get a little lower back pain 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I just had a milkshake and have plans to go to a great Chicago style pizza place this weekend. I will not feel one ounce of guilt :)

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? anatomy scan in a week. Woohoo!

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why? I've seen in older relatives what a difference exercise and diet can make. Relatives that haven't exercised throughout life seem to become more physically limited as early as their 60s, even if they're thin and outwardly seem healthy. The ones that do lots of exercise - like my 90+ year old great uncle who walks 3-5 miles a day - seem to live longer and have more active and fun "golden years". I want to still be having fun in my 90s. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  21 weeks 

2: How was your last week? not great, Doctor put me on bedrest for two weeks, because he is worried about me possible going in to early labor, with a weak cervix, went to OB and he panicked a little, which freaked me out because I was dilating. He was worried about the twins coming way too early so I am on bedrest till next appointment. It sux.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  to not go in to very premature labor.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? not really this week, I feel like its potentially failing me, my husband and our babies, trying not to stress though because I know that will make things worse.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?  Just Why... Raves my husband Jon, has been amazing and just so supportive.

6: GTKY: What motivates you to strive to be healthy and why? I was really sick a few years ago and never want to go back to that place where I was. I am naturally an athlete, in college was a participant in Division 1 sports, was alternate on the olympic team so sports are a bit part of my life.

• Options
    @ESG7417 Prayers for you that your body calms down and gets those babies to term!
  • Options
    @ESG7417 sending positive thoughts that the bed rest helps your body slow down and keep those babies cooking!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    theweeveetheweevee member
    edited February 2017
    @BusyZee I would try starting prenatal yoga regularly.  It might help stretch and strengthen and that may help with pain if the pain is caused by a muscle imbalance.  Like others said, squats alone aren't going to really make a difference without overall weight loss.