April 2017 Moms
Options

Pocket Nanny or Baby Connect

Ok ladies, I've got a pocket nanny on my registry but a co-worker of mine told me about the baby connect app. Which one is better?

I've heard with the app you can sync it with others (my hubby), but if you have a baby sitter would the pocket nanny make more sense?

Has anyone out there tried either of these? Pros/cons?

Thanks in advance!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Pocket Nanny or Baby Connect

• Options
    I have loved Baby Connect. I loved that it connected to both my husband & me. I think you can connect the sitter in too.
  • Options
    Is anyone aware of any apps like this that are completely free? I was looking at one that I downloaded and started to play around with it and then noticed only the 1st 7 days are free, then you had to pay. 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Which one did you download, @KirstinH88?
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    My friend who had a baby last year was using a paper-and-pencil tracking system that tracked the same things as both of these.  I'd be intrigued about the possibility of an app though... $4.99/user seems like it would be very much worth it for DH and I to both be able to track from our phones and view data.  Ideally it'd be great for daycares as well but I feel like I'd probably just end up putting their info in myself.  :)  Interested to see what others have to say
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @catem07 I believe it was MammaBaby...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @kirstinh88 I don't know if any good ones are free. I did just discover (and you might already know this) you can see if an app that looks free isn't by checking out "top in app purchases" in the app store under that app. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    My daycare provider keeps a paper record of everything that DS ate, diapers, etc. during the day, so you could ask your sitter to do the same.

We used the Sprout Baby+ app, which I think is similar to the Baby Connect app. We used the paid version ($4.99), but there's a free version too (I don't know what the differences between the two are). I liked it because we could track everything and it synced across all of our devices (since the app itself is paid and it's not sold as an in-app purchase, we were able to use family sharing to put it on both of our phones and iPads and only paid for it once). We left the iPad with whoever was babysitting so they could log stuff, and we manually input the information from daycare. DS had lots of feeding/weight issues in the beginning so it was super important for us to know how long it had been since he'd eaten and how often he ate. You can also track growth on it, and it'll show the growth curves and percentiles and all of that. I'm planning on using it again for this LO to track feedings especially (my breastfeeding issues still haunt me, haha).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I still use the sprout app for DS and will continue to do so for DD. I loved it! It came in really handy for pumping and tracking all of DSs stats(his baby book is still empty except for the footprints the nurses put in it for me)
    ETA- it's a paid app, but worth the $$ IMO
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker