February 2017 Moms

FFFC (2/24)

Have we not had one of these in a while? I figured since we're all sleep deprived and/or heavily pregnant, there must be quite a few things we need to confess!! :naughty:
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: FFFC (2/24)

• Loading the player...
  • My first day home alone with 2 kids consisted of me sitting on the couch with my newborn all day and let my son watch TV and movies from the time my husband left for work to the time he got back home. It was a rather successful day TBH.
    I did this too! But added a little walk in to make us feel like we did something lol . 
  • homemake said:
    My first day home alone with 2 kids consisted of me sitting on the couch with my newborn all day and let my son watch TV and movies from the time my husband left for work to the time he got back home. It was a rather successful day TBH.
    I did this too! But added a little walk in to make us feel like we did something lol . 
    Ha, you win!

im dying to go out for a walk outside but there's still a foot of icy snow on the roads everywhere here and so it's just not worth it right now. I'm very ready for spring to get here.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • homemake said:
    My first day home alone with 2 kids consisted of me sitting on the couch with my newborn all day and let my son watch TV and movies from the time my husband left for work to the time he got back home. It was a rather successful day TBH.
    Ha, you win!

im dying to go out for a walk outside but there's still a foot of icy snow on the roads everywhere here and so it's just not worth it right now. I'm very ready for spring to get here.
    We must live in very different climate areas lol it was 80 degrees - I was actually concerned it was too hot out. You get a pass for not leaving home at all! I would not have either. 
  • @marriedhamstermom Same way here! I know I do want the meds. Other than that, both of us make it out healthy and try not to poop while pushing! Even though everyone says you don't know or the nurses clean it up, it's the ridiculous thing I am obsessing over! 
  • @Gretchypoo that's good to know! Well it's all already in my bag so I'm just gonna leave it there and if I don't use it I don't. Maybe DH will find some use out of it even if I don't!

@leslie1331 I'm trying not to worry about pooping while pushing but I agree it's hard not to worry about it despite the roughly hundred articles I've read saying you won't care when you're in the moment. I hope they are right.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I didn't poop with #1, but did with #2. To effectively push you really can't focus on it too much. I was so nervous about it the first pregnancy, but once in the moment of labor realized it was the least of my concerns really. And with #2 they cleaned it up so quickly I really didn't think of it/realize what had happened till after baby was here. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger I wanted to poop too! But I didn't... I was so happy to poop afterwards even tho it hurt. It needed to come out!
  • I try not to judge but sometimes it's hard not to compare myself with my mom friends and think about the differences. 
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have pretty much accepted I will! And I know if I am pushing out a baby, I won't give a F what is going on. It's like I know it's dumb, but I keep thinking about it. It's like the Strep B test, I was so worried. And then it happened and I was embarrassed I even worried about it. 
  • I knew about pooping during pushing, but H had no idea since we didn't get a chance to take the birth class and I didn't really have time to prepare him for anything labor related since DD came so unexpectedly. He was kind of shocked about it lol.
  • I never actually got around to buying maternity pants. My maternity pants have been my fat jeans with a belly band. They are not comfortable at all and I only wear them to work but it got to the point where I procrastinated so much it didn't make sense to buy pants for just a couple weeks. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• My first kid I had to buy all new jeans because my size went up a couple. 
    My hips were like, nah we're already wide this time around
  • Another confession-I know I shouldn't care and my body did an amazing thing and all that but I really don't want to look pregnant anymore. I don't mind looking like I gained weight, but right now I could post a March or April HDBD pic and nobody would question me. I ran into the grocery store to pee the other day while H and DS stayed in the car and got a congrats, when are you due? C'mon ute it's, time to relax!
    What did you say? 
  • I was nice about it but told her I had the kid a week ago, he was in the car with my husband, and I was still waiting to deflate. Too sleepy to get creative and the woman was really trying to be nice. I've become more sympathetic in my non-pregnancy. 
    Awwww  <3 you'll deflate soon! I'm with you about trying to appreciate my body for all its done while also wanting it to look normal again.