July 2017 Moms

GTKY: AW your wedding

2»

Re: GTKY: AW your wedding

• @oheliza44 Thank you!  I have a love/hate relationship with my dress lol.  It looked great in photos, but it was obnoxious to wear all night.  I LOVE your aisle photo.  There's so much joy!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • Everyone looks so in love and beautiful!! I still get upset that I didn't tell my mother to shove her wallet where the sun doesn't shine. Because I had her dream wedding, not mine. And being a broke ass Jr. In college, she paid for 100% of it. I still get upset at how this beautiful wedding was the opposite of everything I ever dreamed. I always wanted low-key, beach/destination with about 8 people maximum in attendance. I had a show shopping, over the top, 200+ people in attendance wedding....on the coldest day that Autumn had ever seen!!!!! It set record lows of below freezing. Lol It was outdoors, the only thing I got that I wanted...and of course it backfired so my mother threw that in my face. "If I had that church wedding she wanted we wouldn't have froze!!" I sill heat about it almost 3 years later! She made every wedding appointment and planning day horrible and leaving in tears with nothing accomplished! Ugh. It was a horrible experience. 

Having said all that, it was the happiest moment of my life because I married the love of my life. I would have just preferred a nice dress and the courthouse over the wedding I had, but oh well. 
    My DH promised me that our 5 year wedding anniversary we would get me a simple dress, hop on a plane and have a beach destination vow renewal....with only our children in attendance!!!!! I can't freaking wait. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kerilsWe took our 5 year anniversary trip in October to Italy and got pregnant less than a week later. Must be something about coming from Italy in October 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • @BusyZee you look stunning!!!! And I'm sorry you are all to familiar with the feeling! I mean, I hate to even complain because I had a wedding most would dream of, but it just wasn't *my* dream. 
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited February 2017
    @LoveLee85 thankyou <3 I try not to complain about it for the same reason! 

edit: bump ate my post.
  • mj8215 said:
    (snipped)
    Our wedding was 8/2/15 and was an absolute dream! We planned it from across the ocean (it was in the town where I grew up in Germany) but it came together just perfectly and we were so touched by how many friends were able to fly in from the US. It is hard to look at the photos now without crying because my grandpa who I'm very close with passed away last year and he looks so happy in all those photos, it's hard to believe he is gone.
    @mj8215 - I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I had a hard time picking photos because my grandma (who raised me for 7 years) is in a lot of them and I lost her early last week. Hugs!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh @SaphireSweetie88 thank you so much. I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. I wish you all the strength in the world during this unbearably difficult time. All the hugs to you!