Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Benched / TTA check-in week 2/20

ChloandCocoChloandCoco member
edited February 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 
Sorry ladies, work was crazy this morning and I didn't have time to post this earlier. 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS/Q? 

GTKY: What's your favorite home cooked meal? 

Re: Benched / TTA check-in week 2/20

• Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? BOTB and I want to track my cycle for a couple of months before actually pulling the goalie. 

How long do you think you'll be here? 
    Until mid-April (Easter). 

How have things been going?Things are going pretty well. It's very busy at work right now, so this week should go by quickly. 

Any R/R/CS/Q? DH and I had a slip up a week and a half ago (while I was ovulating) and I turned into a special snowflake thinking that this was our month. But it's not, and that's ok. 

GTKY: What's your favorite home cooked meal? Spaghetti! I have a recipe that's been passed down a couple of generations and it's amazing. 
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? I have been lurking for longer than I care to admit but I finally feel like I am getting close enough that I could start participating a little.

How long do you think you'll be here? Not completely sure yet. I will be going off the pill after next month's pill so I can hopefully give my cycle a little time to regulate. I will also start temping then as well.

How have things been going? Ok. I was ready a year ago but I had to wait for DH to be ready. Also, I started grad school so that has helped to keep me busy and help me keep my mind off the waiting. Being busy seems to make it feel like the time is going a little faster.

Any R/R/CS/Q? Not today

GTKY: What's your favorite home cooked meal? Depends on my mood... My DH makes a yummy steak sandwich - that with fries - that is always a favorite. I also really like lemon baked chicken, green beans and roasted potatoes with butter and dill 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter - Keeping busy definitely helps with the BOTB. Hopefully the next couple of months will go by quickly for you. 
    You found the right thread, there's a few women on here that are waiting a couple of months before TTC. 
  • Options
    Are you benched or TTA?  Benched

What brings you here?  I'm benched because I have to get a heteroscopy next week... on BCPs until it's all over with.  They have to take out polyps they found during an HSG back in January.... yay.

How long do you think you'll be here?  maybe another month

How have things been going?  Good.  Although, I got worried suddenly today of how this will go.

Any R/R/CS/Q?  You know what, life is good in general.  It's one of those days when I just don't have the energy to really rant because I know it could be so much worse.

GTKY: What's your favorite home cooked meal?  My grandma's soul food cooking.  Or hubby's chicken parm.  YUM!

Me: 37  |  DH: 43
    Together since: 2009
    Married:  May 2015
    TTC Since:  Jan 2016

• Options
    @glitzandglitter I'm definitely just a lurker here. I'm trying to participate where I can, but DH isn't ready to try for #2, so I'm stuck TTA at the moment :/ Welcome to the board!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Thanks for the welcome :) I was in your position about this time last year. It sucks :( When I first brought up that I was wanting to TTC he was not open to the idea at all, said he would think about it but didn't know if he ever would be. Thankfully he has come around but the waiting and limbo were rough. I hope your DH comes around soon.