July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 2/21

Happy Tuesday, ladies!  We're hitting the half-way marks!

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

GTKY: What do you listen to when you're in your car/on your daily commute?

Re: PGAL Check-In 2/21

• optbaby2017optbaby2017 member
    edited February 2017
    Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    DH and I are mid-30's.  mmc in July2016, passed naturally at 12w.

How far along are you? 
    19w5d

How are you doing? 
    Tired and uncomfortable.  I'm so grateful to be pregnant, but I've had a few moments lately where I'm ready to be done, or at least have a day off.

This Thursday - anatomy scan and monthly check-in with the doc.  Super excited! (also, the day before DH's birthday)

I think I'm kinda, maybe starting to feel the baby move.  I have an anterior placenta and am on the heavier side, so I had prepared myself for it to take awhile.  It's still not super frequent and could just be random other bodily twinges, but maybe?  Also, can we take a minute to thank the geniuses who invented maternity pants?  I've finally switched over to them full time, and I'm not sure I will ever go back to pants without an elastic waistband.

I've been on a podcast/audiobook kick for the past few months.  Just finished Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes and I liked it a lot!
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    Feel like I haven't posted on PGAL in a while.
    MMC March 2016, was supposed to be 10 weeks but only measured at 6 weeks.

How far along are you? 
    17 +4

How are you doing? 
    Just finishing up fighting off some sinus congestion. I was worried I was getting an infection, but 4 days straight of using a humidifier and a sinus rinse and the congestion is finally going away. Getting pretty close to the date when we found out about the MMC, so emotions are kinda up and down.

March 6 for my A/S and then March 16 for my next OB appt.

I got hired at another school district for substitute teaching. One district just wasn't cutting it because I felt like there weren't many openings. This district is one I've been hired in before as an aide, and they are pretty good about hiring their subs full time. Hoping for the best after baby comes.

My iPhone is stocked with a combination of video game piano soundtracks and screamo. Favorite band I can listen to nonstop is Silverstein. Having my phone on shuffle is interesting sometimes because I'll go from listening to a few heavy angry songs and then get a nice piano break lol

• Loading the player...
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in January 2015. It passed on it's own. 

How far along are you? 20 weeks! I can't even believe I'm at the halfway point. I'm so happy to have passed the miscarriage phase and I can't even wait to get to viability day. 

How are you doing? Pretty good. Caught my husbands cold so I'm spending the day in bed trying to stop it before it actually gets bad. 

When is your next appointment? I had my AS yesterday and found out we are having a BOY! I am super excited. My next appointment isn't until March 21st. I have no idea how I will wait. 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Really happy that my FIL (who isn't normally the greatest with stuff) already offered to let DH and I stay with them when we move to Phoenix. He's making the move for work (and cause he knew we were wanting to go there) and now it will be 100 times easier for us to go. 

GTKY: What do you listen to when you're in your car/on your daily commute? I listen to the radio, and I tend to flip A LOT. As far as actual music taste, I like everything but some rap (although I love Eminem) and hard core screamo music. Minor screaming (Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin) is cool, but not the whole song. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @optbaby2017 Maternity pants really are the best!  
    @cielaw89 I have been battling sinus congestion for coming up on a month now.  I can't even sleep on my left side because when I wake up I think feels like my eye ball is going to pop out.  By sinus rinse do you mean Neti pot?  I've always thought they were nasty but I'm about ready to try anything.  This headache is hard to survive with.
    @kerils Hooray for a boy!  My son is such a mommas boy, it's the best <3 Hopefully you can shake that cold fast.  

28 YO, have a (almost) 16mo son, lost our may baby in September at 6 weeks.

How far along are you? 
    19 weeks yesterday

How are you doing? 
    As I said above, I've been battling a sinus headache for almost a month.  It's awful.  Anyone have good secrets on how to handle this while pregnant.  Between this and my teething toddler I'm ready to go into hiding.

AS on Tuesday, follow up next Thursday 

I am going to see Garth Brooks with a girlfriend Friday!  And next week my MIL is coming to watch DS while we go to our anatomy scan, and the nurse we are going to go for an early dinner and make a date out of it!

90% of the time I have the radio on a country station, but every once in awhile I throw it onto a pop station, or bust out a rap cd! 

Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• @MrsN092714 yes! A neti pot or something similar. Mine isn't quiet a neti pot, but it's a squeeze bottle thing. It's really helped with my congestion and flushing any allergens out of my sinus cavities. I always warm my distilled water before rinsing; the warm water seems to help with any swelling I may have. And it's reusable! Whenever I get the slightest symptoms of allergies or congestion, I use my rinse. My dad ended up with a really bad infection in his sinus cavities a few years ago  and had to have surgery, so I'm always making sure I use my rinse at the first sign. 
    MMC ~8 weeks in March '15 resulted in D&C in July '15
    How far along are you? 
    21+4
    How are you doing? 
    Overall pretty good - I've been less sore than I have been the past few weeks. Now getting nervous about all the expansion and additional uncomfortableness that the 2nd half of pregnancy seems to offer...
    After having been to see a doctor a week for the past month, I don't have any more appointments for another month.
    Positive Vibes: My doctor seems unconcerned about the "lack of nasal bone" and we'll just continue to monitor the placenta, but she thinks it'll probably move out of the way so that's less stress. 
    Rave: My house renovation is coming along, and other than the ridiculous amount of dust it's generating, I'm sooooo happy that it's getting done!
    Rant: My house is a total mess between the dust and having everything out of place as we move from room to room on the remodel.
    Radio - mostly into rock. I flip around between stations when commercials come on.
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • @MrsN092714 @cielaw89 Count me also as a fan of the neti pot and humidifier combo. I have had a low grade runny/stuffy situation for weeks, made worse by spring allergies with no meds. This and drinking a lot of water has definitely helped. 
  • How far along are you? 
    20w1d

How are you doing? 
    Doing very well

On monday i'm having an a/s and check-up. 

Rant: We are building a house and they just pushed it back another three weeks. :| 

Pop station is usually on first, which has 90% commercials, so then i'll switch to classic rock, and if that is on commercial flip to 70s/80s/90s station. When my commute was longer I would listen to podcasts. 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker